Norvell's Short Term Rebuilding Approach

Advertisement
my article:

and yes two years ago I spoke to an FSU booster who confirmed to me he was on the hot seat. The approach might have been out of survival.

I mean Mario, from most fans perspectives, isn’t exactly sitting pretty in his seat. A loss early in the season (….not going to say the name of the team) and his seat is going to be absolutely scorching.

He needs to be approaching next season as if he’s on the hot seat.

I mean Mario, from most fans perspectives, isn’t exactly sitting pretty in his seat. A loss early in the season (….not going to say the name of the team) and his seat is going to be absolutely scorching.

With two top five classes and three portal cycles I expect the improvement to continue trending upwards . But yes you are correct that another 6-6/7-6 type season and he will he right there too.

Unfortunately the people who make the decisions at UM don't see it that way. He will be given more leeway than any other prior coach because they have so much money invested in him.

Hiring Mario was both a blessing and a curse. It meant that our normally cheap athletic department was willing to start spending money. However, it was tied to Mario and ONLY Mario getting the head coaching position. No other coach would have gotten them to open the wallets. So we're stuck with Mario or nothing.

Mario and Dawson after they get a QB need to sit with McDaniel from the Dolphins and get some creativity in the offensive scheme. That should absolutely be an asset with being in Miami. McDaniel seems like a cool guy who wouldnt mind sharing some insight. They just have to shed ego and be willing to expand and learn. Gotta figure the d line class would improve depth there where teams wont burn us up on the ground. It was crazy to see our d line getting washed so much and not being able to set the edges.

Advertisement
where my coaches at that can explain process ... the past decade has sucked for the most part, but somebody has to see the direction

Mario and Dawson after they get a QB need to sit with McDaniel from the Dolphins and get some creativity in the offensive scheme. That should absolutely be an asset with being in Miami. McDaniel seems like a cool guy who wouldnt mind sharing some insight. They just have to shed ego and be willing to expand and learn. Gotta figure the d line class would improve depth there where teams wont burn us up on the ground. It was crazy to see our d line getting washed so much and not being able to set the edges.
This was something Spo did. Went to Oregon and learned from Chip Kelly's spread offense and adapted those principles to basketball.

Might write an article on this...

Advertisement
my article:

and yes two years ago I spoke to an FSU booster who confirmed to me he was on the hot seat. The approach might have been out of survival.

Good article. I think the next 2 years will give the required data on if focusing on the portal can be sustainable compared to building through recruiting.

He saved his job… he lost to Jacksonville state at home. Dude looked as doomed as Napier. Struck absolutely unreal that year in the portal to save his job and got this two year run which has come to an end.

It’s not sustainable as you need your own guys buying in and building but he saved his job while giving him a few more years of cushion

This was something Spo did. Went to Oregon and learned from Chip Kelly's spread offense and adapted those principles to basketball.

Might write an article on this...
I'm not in Mario shoes but it seems like a no brainer. And he could even network with Dorsey as well just to get ideas in how to gameplan offenses better each week and tailor an adaptive offense. There are too many connections here at Miami not to. He has to buck the trend of Miami coaches being isolated within the program and stubborn to be inventive and ahead of the curve. Also could be a selling point that we are closely aligned with NFL concepts. If not what's the point of having Highsmith and his NFL rolodex.

Advertisement

The truth is, Mario actually is on the hot seat for this season, regardless of whether or not the School would pull the trigger and get rid of him in 12 months. This season is it for him. If he doesn't win 10 or more games, he will lose the confidence of the fans and the inevitable death spiral will have started.

How was the bolded to happen when half of the time they were attempting to set edges with Wes Bissainthe and his 215-220 pounds and Tecory Couch of all ppl.

The front they used yesterday didnt make much sense...i saw he tried to change up a bit after the half but the damage was done already. Add to it guys like Branson Deen, Gore, and whomeever elese they played at dt were non existent.

Advertisement
Good article. I think the next 2 years will give the required data on if focusing on the portal can be sustainable compared to building through recruiting.
You don't need the next 2 years. Its already set.

The teams that did work in the portal turned stuff around right away...**** Deion flipped a whole team and really should of been at 6 wins but won 4 with a team that won 1 the year b4. Norvell ran off 19 str8...and we have ppl still waiting on empiracal data while we limp to 12 wins (whole lot of close calls in the 12), and pick up a sh*t ton of jags in the portal for "depth" lol

As of December 29, 2023 you are confident that the miami hurricanes will have a better season than fsu next year? I legitimately envy some of you guys and your outlooks on this program.
Its hilarious watching them think this way...i guess blind optimism but the thought process is we are on ah igher trajectory and a better team than them right now which is INSANE to me considering they are an undefeated team lol.

Guys are talking about.."lOok How theY FiNIShed the class" we flipped Armondo Blount bs as if that holds a sh*t ton of weight in the grand scheme

Advertisement
Back