Norvell with some interesting team rules

Advertisement

OMG this sounds like my HS coach my freshman year..guy was a ******* Prude..no earrings in school, shirt and tie Monday’s and game days and no headphones or phones on bus rides..pretty sure he said no GFs during the season( thought he was joking but thinking back the **** might’ve been serious)..we went 1-8..yeah this bull**** don’t work

Screenshot_20200118-084502_YouTube.jpg

Advertisement
Folden was worse than Shannon imo.

Both were outrageously bad, but I'll take the Shannon era over the Folden era all day.

Folden was excommunicated from College football after his disaster tenure at Miami, Shannon at least still went on to get multiple respectable jobs as a DC & has done well at UCF.

Folden also has the worst point margin loss in school history with the embarrassing 2015 beating by Dabo.

Manure Diaz said, “hold my beer” to Folden and Shantard this past season.

T
I get it. All those rule are to eliminate the things that say "Look at me!" Its a team and each individual should blend in as one. It is the exact thing we are trying to cure in our locker room. Teams should have similar dress codes, slacks, button up shirt and even a tie when getting off the bus. You want fans to see a team not individuals wearing sweet suits, gold chains, earings, etc. One unit, not individuals. Just my opinion.
hey should all wear same sweat suits, play same music on headphones and same gold chains and earrings.

Really not seeing how this **** will cut down on their venerable disease problem 🤔
They got a problem up their with that? They don"t use protection? Student health lagging? Maybe he should start by emphasizing safe practices for you-know-what.

Advertisement
From everything I was told about what he did while here, I think Golden would make a classic HR director.

I always pictured him more of an assistant principal. Drives by kids smoking in the student parking lot and yells out the window of his mini van:

"Come on guys! You're killing me! Homeroom starts in 6 mins. Head on in. Remember that next Friday is school spirit day too. Can youz at least try to find something with the school colors in it to wear. Thank youuuu."

He then spills an entire Dunkin coffee on his lap as he pulls away.

the only rule that matters is winning. jimbo let his kids run wild. the Tallahassee police didn’t like it. A&M won’t **** jimbo’s kids. that and the administration made a good coach want to leave. they’ve hired another coach, that they believe can win and make everyone “feel” special from their ivory towers. earrings, hats and headphones won’t kill or save poor coaching, lazy recruiting or an inability to drive a program hard twelve months a year. it’s a nothing story. i hope they desperately miss willie. lmao

I like Norvell as an a X’s and O’s Coach but he gotta run the fade if I’m a Nole player and he’s talking no tats, earrings, haircuts and all that. Headphones in meetings make sense.

It’s always crazy how some weird people think they can control your body and have say over it.

Advertisement
As someone with a little bit of training in leadership and skill development, I say take what the "experts" tell you with a grain of salt.

We live in a politically correct world where everyone is special and exists in a bubble. You can't exactly hold leadership symposiums at Yale and Harvard where you're teaching people the art of slave driving and psychological manipulation. All you're going to hear from "experts" is how flat structures are great, how employees should be empowered, given room to shine, and how rewards should match behaviors.... that sort of thing.

What you won't learn from those people is that pain is a better motivator than any reward, fear is a better motivator than hope, and hatred and greed are more powerful than love or charity.

Leadership is like Star Wars, and these ivy league experts are Yoda. But there is a dark side which is very powerful, and the art usually goes untaught.
What’s your poison? Brandy? Cognac? Vodka? Rum? You on that oil heavy

lol @ telling guys they can't wear headphones walking to class through campus and such

LOL

Advertisement
I get it. All those rule are to eliminate the things that say "Look at me!" Its a team and each individual should blend in as one. It is the exact thing we are trying to cure in our locker room. Teams should have similar dress codes, slacks, button up shirt and even a tie when getting off the bus. You want fans to see a team not individuals wearing sweet suits, gold chains, earings, etc. One unit, not individuals. Just my opinion.

I agree about the dress code for games. Cane walk should be the team looking like a team- not a fashion show. Richt has them wear a team sweat outfit. That’s fine too. But last year was ridiculous.

This has to be a joke.

Randy Shannon was the worst head coach in the modern history of Miami football.

al golden says: "hold my beer"

yes, randy was lazy, had mental health issues, and people could not relate to him. he would disappear for afternoons, and even Myrna (his secretary) wouldn't know where he was. he was socially very awkward and uncomfortable around different kinds of people, and ignored advice from more learned football professionals who could have helped him. he ignored recruiting in a way that was unconscionable, so maybe he could have been the worst. that's true.

BUT, all that being said, golden was the worst because he SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER! fack that guy and the bauxite horse he rode in here.

Advertisement
Back