Northwestern vs. Ohio State

A lot of Panthers fans think we need a QB (they're tired of Bridgewater) and they're trying to sell themselves on Fields, Lance and Wilson.

To me, if you can't trade up for Lawrence I'd give QB a miss in the first round. All three of those guys make me pause when reviewing them.
Joe Brady is being named a dark horse for the Chargers job too. Wonder if Rhule can grab another quality OC. I’d still grab one and have them sit behind Bridgewater for a year or two.

Advertisement
Joe Brady is being named a dark horse for the Chargers job too. Wonder if Rhule can grab another quality OC. I’d still grab one and have them sit behind Bridgewater for a year or two.
Brady hasn't been good enough this year to warrant a promotion - his playcalling has been rocky down the stretch.

The Panthers are so talent deficient they can't afford to spent a Top 5 pick on a QB to stash him for a year or two.

Brady hasn't been good enough this year to warrant a promotion - his playcalling has been rocky down the stretch.

The Panthers are so talent deficient they can't afford to spent a Top 5 pick on a QB to stash him for a year or two.
And their talent was going to be my next question lol once brees and Brady retire it should be easier imo. Not including Matt Ryan being on the back 9 of his career.

And their talent was going to be my next question lol once brees and Brady retire it should be easier imo. Not including Matt Ryan being on the back 9 of his career.
Don't get me wrong, we have some good players - DJ Moore, Samuel, McCaffrey, Anderson, Moton on O / Brown, Chinn, Burns, YGM, Jackson on D - but they're trotting out absolutely awful players all over the field.

I wouldn't want to subject a rookie QB to that kind of supporting cast - if you have the chance to draft an elite D/Olineman, CB / just a generally elite player do it with that Top 5 pick. Don't reach for a QB not named Lawrence.

Advertisement
Back