North Carolina - Still A Danger

I'd be more worried if this year's team had played down to USF, SSU, FAU, but they haven't. They've taken care of business every week. Golden has been stressing game preparation, and that it should be the same every week, and it seems to be working.

This is where you either trust the culture change or you don't. The culture change should alleviate fears of that up and down bullsht we saw from the prior regimes. The Don is inculcating his players with the message that you don't look at opponents' records. It's not the players' jobs to evaluate the strength of opponents, and The Don is stressing that point constantly.

Advertisement
The team isn't overlooking UNC. This one won't be close. They barely beat us last year and they were a better team and we sucked. We are more talented at almost every position. I say almost cause I dont know anything about their ****** team. We have solid coaches and have the defense to shut them down and the offense to score a lot of points. We will win by 2 or 3 TDs.

I see our turnover problems over the last two games more as an aberration rather than a trend. We shall see. But I'm willing to bet we don't have more than 1 turnover in the UNC game.

UNC hasn't scored 21+ points in the three games against AQ squads they've played so far.

They only put 20 on GT, and the Bees lost three starters off D in that game.

UNC is a danger in the same way a fire hydrant is a danger to people in a moving vehicle. Sure, if the driver spills scalding hot coffee all over his crotch, loses control, and careens into the hydrant at sixty mph people might die. I bet it's happened. But it's not the typical result of driving past a fire hydrant.

Are there anymore Barth brothers kicking for them? If they're all gone we're good, but seeing those ***** makes me nervous.

Advertisement
UNC hasn't scored 21+ points in the three games against AQ squads they've played so far.

They only put 20 on GT, and the Bees lost three starters off D in that game.

UNC is a danger in the same way a fire hydrant is a danger to people in a moving vehicle. Sure, if the driver spills scalding hot coffee all over his crotch, loses control, and careens into the hydrant at sixty mph people might die. I bet it's happened. But it's not the typical result of driving past a fire hydrant.

218.gif

I'm a little worried that everyone is taking North Carolina for granted, they shouldn't. There's still a lot of Butch Davis recruited talent on that team and they've targeted Miami as a way of getting back some respect and they still have 6 conference games to play. North Carolina always plays us tough and they have a bye week as well to get healthy and plan.

Why are we coming up w/ these soft *** threads about North Carolina? lol I cant wait till the Soft shouldered "dont take Wake Forest for granted" threads start to pop up. smh

"i'm a little worried that everyone is taking North Carolina for granted blahblah" man GTFOH this is a messageboard, the players arent spiritually connect to us, the fans on this site who dont think UNC is a serious threat, like myself, have nothin to do w/ how the ACTUAL team is preparing.

???? why does that even have to be said, wtf is wrong w/ you???

Advertisement
This team is still not good or consistent enough to be overlooking any opponent. The offense was struggling early in the season, the defense has struggled at times, and we've had trouble with turning the ball over lately. Any ACC team on our schedule is capable of beating us if we don't improve in all areas. I trust AG to have them ready.

Seriously?

If we turn the ball over, the offense struggles like it did early in the season, and the D struggles like it did at times against U**** and GT, yeah. Seriously.

We have an if, an and & another and. So we have to basically turn the ball over, not score and the defense struggles. Sounds like any game ever played by any team that got slaughtered. You mean if we do everything wrong we will lose. No way!

Not sure when the D struggled against UF?

You're missing the point (intentionally, I suspect, just to be a douche...if not, you're not as smart as I thought you were). There are some teams who can do all of those things (Bama, Oregon,...) and still beat a team like UNC. We are not one of those teams.

When they weren't taking the ball away from UF, they were struggling to get off the field. UF had the ball almost twice as long. The D struggled a lot vs. UF.

Unless Morris goes back to last year's UNC game mode, we ROLL!

The fumbles HAVE to stop sometime, and I think they do Thursday.

UNC has NOTHING. Poor, *** QB play, and that is all.

You're missing the point (intentionally, I suspect, just to be a douche...if not, you're not as smart as I thought you were). There are some teams who can do all of those things (Bama, Oregon,...) and still beat a team like UNC. We are not one of those teams.

GT beat UNC. It was a pretty close game. They could be pretty similar teams in terms of talent and execution.

We just beat GT playing the very game you said we couldn't beat teams like UNC with.

Advertisement
What has happened to our fan base...This team looks a lot different that those in the past under Shannon, COker **** even Goldens last 2 years...This will be a 16-17 point win

What happened to the fan base? Coker & Shannon happened. Pardon me for proceeding with caution against anyone on the road.

I'd like to think we're more talented & could win by 17+ ... but I've heard that story before and was ultimately let down.

What has happened to our fan base...This team looks a lot different that those in the past under Shannon, COker **** even Goldens last 2 years...This will be a 16-17 point win

What happened to the fan base? Coker & Shannon happened. Pardon me for proceeding with caution against anyone on the road.

I'd like to think we're more talented & could win by 17+ ... but I've heard that story before and was ultimately let down.

At least this guy admits it. Well done, sir. And I can't blame you for feeling that way.

It's the porsters trying to pretend that UNC is some ball-breaking team to be feared that crack me up. There's nothing in the body of work to date to suggest that. Porsters are going off such rock solid logic as "they always play Miami tough" or "there's still talent there." Pathetic.

Nut up boys. We should pound this team.

Advertisement
Sorry, I can't agree with that. UNC is NOT a danger to Miami Thursday night. Only Miami is a danger to Miami(turnovers). Minus giving them the ball a bunch of times, we're simply not losing to them. They are a BAD team.

This team is still not good or consistent enough to be overlooking any opponent. The offense was struggling early in the season, the defense has struggled at times, and we've had trouble with turning the ball over lately. Any ACC team on our schedule is capable of beating us if we don't improve in all areas. I trust AG to have them ready.

Seriously?

If we turn the ball over, the offense struggles like it did early in the season, and the D struggles like it did at times against U**** and GT, yeah. Seriously.

We have an if, an and & another and. So we have to basically turn the ball over, not score and the defense struggles. Sounds like any game ever played by any team that got slaughtered. You mean if we do everything wrong we will lose. No way!

Not sure when the D struggled against UF?

When they weren't taking the ball away from UF, they were struggling to get off the field. UF had the ball almost twice as long. The D struggled a lot vs. UF.

Wow

You essentially said we can't turn it over, the D can't stink and the offense can't stink. No ****. Even Oregon can lose if all aspects of your team are failing. This is nothing new. No team will win against another BCS team if you are failing in everything.

Against UF our defense was great. We watched different games. I saw a team force a ton of turnovers, hold them to 16 points (6 on a short field because of a punt block), a ton of sacks and tackles for loss.

I got to give it to you Smokey... you did say from day one that UNC was garbage.

/ cheers + rep :crownpour:

Advertisement
Back