North Carolina - Still A Danger

Advertisement
[video=youtube;dJ8G2s--1zA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ8G2s--1zA[/video]

This team is still not good or consistent enough to be overlooking any opponent. The offense was struggling early in the season, the defense has struggled at times, and we've had trouble with turning the ball over lately. Any ACC team on our schedule is capable of beating us if we don't improve in all areas. I trust AG to have them ready.

Who says this team is overlooking UNC? The fans, who aren't saggy pvssies, are confident that THIS UM team should be able to beat the sht out of THIS UNC team. This isn't last year or 2 years ago or any of that nonsense. This is 2013, and we are way better than they are. Accordingly, we SHOULD beat their ***.

Of course, we could lose the game if we turn it over a bunch of times, and UNC plays a perfect game. But that's the same thing with ANY TEAM against ANY decent conference opponent. You dudes think you're being smart when you act like mopes, but you're not. Everyone knows what you know, but we choose to look at the actual teams this year and not languish on dumb sht that you can't possibly predict like turnovers, which is the only thing that can beat UM against UNC.

P.S. What team is good enough to overlook a decent conference opponent?

Gawd. I'm tired of this crap.

Somebody go find me the last time a 5-0 team lost to a 1-4 team. That doesn't happen a lot. If it does, we're not nearly the team we're supposed to be. UNC isn't dangerous. They don't always play us tough. They don't have a magic sword that will give them unlimited strength and speed. Before the season, porsters on this board were claiming that USF was a trap game. Then it was the Bees. Now it's the Tar Heels. Grow some balls.

Sure, they could win. But it would take a monumental bed-crapping by the Canes for that to happen.

Advertisement
Gawd. I'm tired of this crap.

Somebody go find me the last time a 5-0 team lost to a 1-4 team. That doesn't happen a lot. If it does, we're not nearly the team we're supposed to be. UNC isn't dangerous. They don't always play us tough. They don't have a magic sword that will give them unlimited strength and speed. Before the season, porsters on this board were claiming that USF was a trap game. Then it was the Bees. Now it's the Tar Heels. Grow some balls.

Sure, they could win. But it would take a monumental bed-crapping by the Canes for that to happen.

Well, a 6-0, #3 Miami lost to a 3-4 UNC in Chapel Hill in 2004. With that said, we should win without too much trouble, but anything can happen.

Butch is no longer than coach and Randy is no longer ours. I think we will beat them by at least 28.

We should roll this one......Period! A great way to measure progression of this team is to win games like this easily 80 percent or more of the time. In years past, we struggled 80 percent of the time in games like this win or lose. I think the team is at the win easily in games like this stage currently.

Advertisement
I do not see a Coker/Shannonesque flat-as-a-pancake performance with Golden at the helm. Our team actually has competition for playing time and a team that values preparation.

This team is still not good or consistent enough to be overlooking any opponent. The offense was struggling early in the season, the defense has struggled at times, and we've had trouble with turning the ball over lately. Any ACC team on our schedule is capable of beating us if we don't improve in all areas. I trust AG to have them ready.

Who says this team is overlooking UNC? The fans, who aren't saggy pvssies, are confident that THIS UM team should be able to beat the sht out of THIS UNC team. This isn't last year or 2 years ago or any of that nonsense. This is 2013, and we are way better than they are. Accordingly, we SHOULD beat their ***.

Of course, we could lose the game if we turn it over a bunch of times, and UNC plays a perfect game. But that's the same thing with ANY TEAM against ANY decent conference opponent. You dudes think you're being smart when you act like mopes, but you're not. Everyone knows what you know, but we choose to look at the actual teams this year and not languish on dumb sht that you can't possibly predict like turnovers, which is the only thing that can beat UM against UNC.

"I trust AG to have them ready" implies that I, too, am confident, does it not? If we play well, I absolutely agree that we should beat them, and I think we will beat them. I also know that they can beat us if we don't play well. Like you say, that's the same for all teams, although I would argue that our margin of error against a team like UNC is much smaller than for a team like Bama or Oregon.

Seriously?

If we turn the ball over, the offense struggles like it did early in the season, and the D struggles like it did at times against U**** and GT, yeah. Seriously.

We have an if, an and & another and. So we have to basically turn the ball over, not score and the defense struggles. Sounds like any game ever played by any team that got slaughtered. You mean if we do everything wrong we will lose. No way!

Not sure when the D struggled against UF?

Truth. Let us not forget that we lost to them last year at home. They want to beat the **** out of UNC, they remember losing last year. That is why UNC will not be overlooked. In addition, it would not shock me if this team came out and Savannah Stated UVA under that same logic. They remember last year, they want to rape that team.

Advertisement
What has happened to our fan base...This team looks a lot different that those in the past under Shannon, COker **** even Goldens last 2 years...This will be a 16-17 point win

Advertisement
I'd be more worried if this year's team had played down to USF, SSU, FAU, but they haven't. They've taken care of business every week. Golden has been stressing game preparation, and that it should be the same every week, and it seems to be working.

Certainly the staff and team cannot and should not overlook anyone. But we the fans can, may, and will. Why not? This team has proved itself to be nothing like those of recent memory. Last week had all the makings of our classic losses. Two big fumbles and two crushing picks. Exhausted defense going back onto field again and again. I admit for just a moment when Morris threw that first pick on the heals of Duke's fumble, the thought flashed across my mind that nothing had changed. But this is not those teams. This is the NEW CANE DYNASTY TEAM. They do not fold up and blow away. GT should have been able to run us out of town but this team would not let that happen. Heck that blocked punt against the gator should have ended that game but this team did not even flinch.

To the contrary, this game will be the real coming out party. Thursday night game on ESPN prime time. This is the chance for the team to show off in front of everyone. Al has become a Cane and he is going to want the dazzle game to show off what these kids and this team have done. The felon game was the cornerstone of what is coming. NC will be the notice to the world to hold your breath for Tally in early November. I am not worried about NC because Al is on a mission and that mission requires NC's destruction on national TV.

Advertisement
Back