North Carolina - Still A Danger

CandyCane

Freshman
I'm a little worried that everyone is taking North Carolina for granted, they shouldn't. There's still a lot of Butch Davis recruited talent on that team and they've targeted Miami as a way of getting back some respect and they still have 6 conference games to play. North Carolina always plays us tough and they have a bye week as well to get healthy and plan.

Advertisement
I just feel that this Miami team is prepared, and will be ready to take care of business. 38-17 Canes

I would be very upset if we don't win by at least 14 similarly to how I would've felt if we hadn't beaten g tech by 14 points.

Our fans might overlook an opponent, but Coach Golden will have our guys focused and prepared. Our defense will carry us through their initial wave of excitement, then our discipline, talent, and preparation will take over.

Dangerous? UNC is a half-*** shell of itself and they still weren't all that good during those years either. They were just fortunate enough to be located in our crappy division. UNC has no ability on it's own to beat Miami. Miami only loses this game because of Miami, not because of this shtty baby blue UNC team. We control every aspect of this game and UNC only becomes the benefactor because we allow it. They can't control any aspect of this game with a Miami team that doesn't completely sht the bed.

Advertisement
This team is still not good or consistent enough to be overlooking any opponent. The offense was struggling early in the season, the defense has struggled at times, and we've had trouble with turning the ball over lately. Any ACC team on our schedule is capable of beating us if we don't improve in all areas. I trust AG to have them ready.

I agree with both the concern and some of the ansers here, but another turnover laiden performance like the last 2 games may get us in trouble, gotta play clean, especially early in order not to have a coronary taking this one in

I'm a little worried that everyone is taking North Carolina for granted, they shouldn't. There's still a lot of Butch Davis recruited talent on that team and they've targeted Miami as a way of getting back some respect and they still have 6 conference games to play. North Carolina always plays us tough and they have a bye week as well to get healthy and plan.

What about our bye week? We probably benefit more because of Morris from the bye.

What about Gio being gone? The guy who killed us last year.

If UNC beat us, they are 2-4 which is hardly respectable. They would have to win 4 more additional games just to be bowl eligible. I think a lot will be telling if they start Williams over a healthy Renner. If they start Williams IMO, they have moved on to the future.

Also, no one (besides the fans) are taking UNC for "granted."

Advertisement
This team is still not good or consistent enough to be overlooking any opponent. The offense was struggling early in the season, the defense has struggled at times, and we've had trouble with turning the ball over lately. Any ACC team on our schedule is capable of beating us if we don't improve in all areas. I trust AG to have them ready.

Seriously?

I can't believe they are 1-4... it may be tight in the beginning but there is no reason we shouldn't win by at least 2 tds.

We have over a week and a half to prepare for this game. If we get trapped, it says a lot about this team. That being said, the team looks focused and hungry, and I anticipate Al will have them ready to roll on Thursday.

Advertisement
Butch had a great eye for talent. Was a great teacher and developer of talent. no butch davis team ever got run all over the way unc has this season. Which tells me A) the talent is not there or B) the scheme doesn't match the talent. either way we crush these fools.

Just because an opponent has a bye-week does not mean threads like this are necessary. We heard this same bull with USF. UNC is also ****. We have a solid football team; I wish some of y'all grew a pair and started acting like it.

Advertisement
I can't believe they are 1-4... it may be tight in the beginning but there is no reason we shouldn't win by at least 2 tds.

Think about what they lost on offense alone from 2011 & 2012.

2011: 239 for 1253 Yards 13 TDs, 45 Rec for 362 Yards and 1 TD (Total Yards 1615, Total TDs 14)
2012: 184 for 1228 Yards 12 TDs, 47 Rec for 490 Yards and 5 TDs (Total Yards 1718, Total TDs 17)

In 2012 he returned punts and had 16 Returns for 263 Yards and 2TDs (6th in the PR Yards, 2nd in PR TDs)

why would you be worried that fans arent taking a team seriously? as long as the team is prepared the fans opinion really doesnt matter.

Seriously?

If we turn the ball over, the offense struggles like it did early in the season, and the D struggles like it did at times against U**** and GT, yeah. Seriously.

Advertisement
Back