Noles In Trouble

Manny has had one year. One. It's literally the first number you can count to. You don't even have to take off your shoes and socks.

Youre comparing one year of a complete rebuild to norvell taking over a talented team and still losing to western Kentucky. When we get to year four and manny is still 6-7 maybe then you can run your ********** but as of now you just look stupid stanning ****locks after his start has literally been a disaster.
You don't think so? You think we were a super talented team in 2018 and were a head coach away from the playoffs?
At this point last year was last year, and we all hope Diaz turns it around, but when he was first hired both Manny and Blake James told us it was not a rebuild and he was hired for that reason. So if they said it, and they set those expectations, I have no issue with people holding them to that.

Advertisement
I'm still going with offensive rebuild
Fine, but you said a "complete rebuild". That includes defensive, special teams, support staff, scouting, recruiting, etc.

Additionally, what @wspcane said:
At this point last year was last year, and we all hope Diaz turns it around, but when he was first hired both Manny and Blake James told us it was not a rebuild and he was hired for that reason. So if they said it, and they set those expectations, I have no issue with people holding them to that.

Hes correct it wasnt a rebuild. He just hired the wrong OC and OL coach. Those guys couldnt get it figured out at all even at the QB position.

Now I will give him credit for making the necessary changes but this time around hes gotta show results because we cant have a revolving door at the OC position when thats not what your HC fortay is

Unrealistic expectations are unrealistic.

I dunno who thought manny was going to come in and go 9 wins with a brand new offensive system and no qbs after corch richt couldnt. "Talented" like tate? I feel it was an offensive rebuild, or supposed to be. Starting true freshmen 3 star LT's doesn't exactly scream 2nd most talented team in the ACC.
@NorthEastCane

Advertisement
Don't confuse lack of coaching acumen with lack of talent. That's not to say we don't have talent gaps in critical positions. But I said when Manny was announced head coach after a 4 hour search that his hiring was a kick in the balls to the whole program. That's exactly how it played out last year. But he's all we've got. He's got no choice but to do significantly better this year or he's done (in my mind at least).

As far as James, the manner of his HC search is a firing offense no matter how Diaz turns out. And he can take that Chief Diversity Officer with him.

Don't confuse lack of coaching acumen with lack of talent. That's not to say we don't have talent gaps in critical positions. But I said when Manny was announced head coach after a 4 hour search that his hiring was a kick in the balls to the whole program. That's exactly how it played out last year. But he's all we've got. He's got no choice but to do significantly better this year or he's done (in my mind at least).

As far as James, the manner of his HC search is a firing offense no matter how Diaz turns out. And he can take that Chief Diversity Officer with him.
I feel he will do extremly better this year. A "great" offensive mind took over and had an extremely subpar year. His (mannys) unit played well. The unit he hired someone to take over for **** the bed.

I feel we put unrealistic expectations on manny. If super tenured richt couldnt do it...but I digress this isnt a bash manny thread. Its a **** norvell thread and I'm still shouting that ****.

I'll take 6-7 first year manny with a top 10 recruiting class and a streak on fsu over the trash norvell is doing up there. Perception is dumpster fire but i guess time will tell.

Last edited:
James Blackman was named their starting QB‼️

DJ Matthews opted out, their starting WR's are Tamorrion Terry, Warren "Crybaby" Thompson & Keyshawn Helton.

Their TE is Camren McDonald (lol)...

Their starting LT is Red Frosh Darius Washington, a kid we recruited from Pensacola in the 2019 class, never started a game in his career 😎, the starting Center is Red Frosh Maurice Smith from Miami Central, another kid with 0 starts in his career, they only have Dontae Fatman Lucas, Baveon Johnson & Devonta Love-Taylor as upperclassmen OL's with starts... Translation: WE WILL RAVAGE THEM.

Aside from Asante Jr their secondary is pretty young, Soph Renardo Green will be the starting FS, Jaiden Woodbey wil be the starting Buck (SS/Rover), Red Frosh Travis Jay will be a rotating Rover as well & their KR, Jarrian Jones will be the starting Boundary CB & Jarvis Brownlee will get snaps as a backup behind Asante Jr & play some Nickel. Akeem Dent got passed up lol. GT Meiko Dotson will be in rotation as well.

Their pass rush is trash, Marvin Wilson is the only DL they have that's worth a ****.

This team looks like a middle of the road ACC squad lol.

DJ Matthews opted out, their starting WR's are Tamorrion Terry, Warren "Crybaby" Thompson & Keyshawn Helton.

Their starting LT is Red Frosh Darius Washington, a kid we recruited from Pensacola in the 2019 class, never started a game in his career 😎, the starting Center is Red Frosh Maurice Smith from Miami Central, another kid with 0 starts in his career, they only have Dontae Fatman Lucas, Baveon Johnson & Devonta Love-Taylor as upperclassmen OL's with starts... Translation: WE WILL RAVAGE THEM.

Aside from Asante Jr their secondary is pretty young, Soph Renardo Green will be the starting FS, Jaiden Woodbey wil be the starting Buck (SS/Rover), Red Frosh Travis Jay will be a rotating Rover as well & their KR, Jarrian Jones will be the starting Boundary CB & Jarvis Brownlee will get snaps as a backup behind Asante Jr & play some Nickel. Akeem Dent got passed up lol. GT Meiko Dotson will be in rotation as well.

Their pass rush is trash, Marvin Wilson is the only DL they have that's worth a ****.

Well bless their heart.

Advertisement

Doesn’t this make Blackman a four year starter?

Advertisement
The biggest difference is going to be the QB. They've still got some talent on that team. They've got a few guys that would start at Miami. Looks like a Miami team under Golden. But Blackmon is not a P5 QB. And there is no way they'll be able to go punch for punch with us.

Did the 6'4 safety opt out he was best player by far?

Advertisement

Hamsah Nasirilideen will start when he comes back; got hurt end of year last year and I think was voted pre-season All-ACC 1st team. Think they're holding him out for some more rest but I bet he plays against us.

First the Redskins, next Chief Osceola,

FSpoo.gif

Hamsah Nasirilideen will start when he comes back; got hurt end of year last year and I think was voted pre-season All-ACC 1st team. Think they're holding him out for some more rest but I bet he plays against us.
He can play as well, he is good. Their defense aint bad...nothing other than Terry on that offense truly poses a threat to me.

Size wise they have the biggest DL we will face...but can they hold up or pace it. Their defense mailed it in a few times last year.

I

Advertisement
Back