Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
The saddest part is it feels like we have but maybe 2 or 3 kids we overlapped in recruiting… we’ve been recruiting at such a high level that losing kids like Lew and Mikeska(sp) have been blips while they would be huge for them…

The separation from us and them will only grow going forward…
I don’t find it sad at all. It warms the ****les of my heart.

Advertisement
Mario and Napier have the benefit of the doubt because its year 1. Norvell may have had a decent year but before that he had back to back losing seasons. That and their NIL appeared to be in shambles earlier in the cycle. If Norvell has another good season, I expect their recruiting to get much better. At the same time if we or UF stumble again next year, expect stumbles on the trail.
I respectfully disagree as I believe you are using the pre-NIL criteria. Mario’s ability to create relationships plus UM’s NIL program will give Mario at least one more year of top notch recruiting even with poor on field results. I don’t believe this can go on forever but I also don’t think this year’s class is an aberration.

Similarly, FSU wins won’t automatically result in greater recruiting success. 9-3 seasons are not changing a high school player’s mind especially considering their coach is not good at relationships and they don’t have our NIL programs. ****, Michigan is in the playoffs and their recruting class is ranked at 20, and we took Collins from them.

Team success is not the criteria it used to be in recruIting unless a team is playing for a national championship, and even then. Bama and UGA recruit at their level because of money, which then leads to team success, not the other way around. IMO.

Advertisement
I respectfully disagree as I believe you are using the pre-NIL criteria. Mario’s ability to create relationships plus UM’s NIL program will give Mario at least one more year of top notch recruiting even with poor on field results. I don’t believe this can go on forever but I also don’t think this year’s class is an aberration.

Similarly, FSU wins won’t automatically result in greater recruiting success. 9-3 seasons are not changing a high school player’s mind especially considering their coach is not good at relationships and they don’t have out NIL programs. ****, Michigan is in the playoffs and their recruting class is ranked at 20, and we took Collins from them.

Team success is not the criteria it used to be in recruIting nnless a team is playing for a national championship, and even then. Bama and UGA recruit at their level because of money, which then leads to team success, not the other way around. IMO.
It was said that FSU has righted the ship with their NIL. They have a competitive one now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back