Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
I think it can help you with a kid here and there. Jumbo's going to start having trouble recruiting if they don't start winning. Eventually, a loser is a loser and kids don't want to play for losers.
He can recruit well regardless as long as that oil money doesn’t dry up. At FSU they refused to dish out more to catch Clemson and he boated as soon as an offer came.

🤔
29BDE7F3-A5A9-46EE-87D4-31CEEC07567C.jpeg

Advertisement
It is kind of funny that UF beat an overrated Utah team at home and jumps 30+ spots. Then UK beats that overrated UF team and jumps another 10+ spots. FSU beats LSU in LA and doesn’t move. Both those teams suck so I get it, but the SEC bias is on full display with their rankings tactic’s.

He can recruit well regardless as long as that oil money doesn’t dry up. At FSU they refused to dish out more to catch Clemson and he boated as soon as an offer came.
I agree that recruiting has much less to do with how much winning a team is doing right now, but it's not nothing. Top kids can get the money AND win at bama/UGA/OSU, and they'll start choosing that over getting paid and losing. I think the caliber of kid Jimbo can attract will start to slip unless he shows he can do better than 8-4. And he'll lose his job. Kids may not care, but boosters certainly do.

Advertisement
I’m fine with FSU thinking they’re back so they can build up confidence then get smashed when we play. Also, I expect them to win vs UL. Both teams are trash but FSU is playing harder for Norvell than UL is for Satterfield.

Advertisement
I agree that recruiting has much less to do with how much winning a team is doing right now, but it's not nothing. Top kids can get the money AND win at bama/UGA/OSU, and they'll start choosing that over getting paid and losing. I think the caliber of kid Jimbo can attract will start to slip unless he shows he can do better than 8-4. And he'll lose his job. Kids may not care, but boosters certainly do.
I also wouldn’t call jimbo the best evaluator either, not on the level of Kirby n Saban. So I would assume he has more misses than those two based on what I have seen from tamu.

Advertisement
Can somebody for the love of God explain how Noles fans are so obsessed with Norvell? Is he some kind of sorcerer that's tricked them all into thinking he's good?

I watched that Louisville game thinking, "geez, these are like games we used to play when I knew we would be going 7-5 or 6-6". The comments I'm reading are ready to crown him the next Bobby Bowden. They're **** close to being 1-2 this year against AWFUL competition.

...I just don't get it.

Advertisement
Back