Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

FSU's schedule is weak enough to allow them to win a good number of games.

GT, Louisiana, and BC are atrocious. FSU will beat them easily (3-0).

NCSCU and Clemson are probable losses (0-2).

Wake, Miami, UiF, Syracuse are toss ups (let's say 2-2). We should win, but could very easily lose that game.

That's 8-4, which is a serious improvement for them, and very likely lands Norvell another year.

I don't think their roster is very strong, and their recruiting class is highly uneven (again), but the optics are trending up.
That's worthy of a 18 year extension if you ask me

Advertisement
That's worthy of a 18 year extension if you ask me
Lifetime hire. Fully guaranteed.
FSU's schedule is weak enough to allow them to win a good number of games.

GT, Louisiana, and BC are atrocious. FSU will beat them easily (3-0).

NCSCU and Clemson are probable losses (0-2).

Wake, Miami, UiF, Syracuse are toss ups (let's say 2-2). We should win, but could very easily lose that game.

That's 8-4, which is a serious improvement for them, and very likely lands Norvell another year.

I don't think their roster is very strong, and their recruiting class is highly uneven (again), but the optics are trending up.
I'm not prepared to say they go 3-0 easily against GT/UL/BC and split those four games. They've probably won two games they should/could have lost. The college football gods always take what is theirs, and they owe the college football gods at least one L in a game they should/could win. 7-5, which is still solid improvement and likely enough to keep Norvell around considering their $$$ problems.

Advertisement
Lifetime hire. Fully guaranteed.

I'm not prepared to say they go 3-0 easily against GT/UL/BC and split those four games. They've probably won two games they should/could have lost. The college football gods always take what is theirs, and they owe the college football gods at least one L in a game they should/could win. 7-5, which is still solid improvement and likely enough to keep Norvell around considering their $$$ problems.
Let me also be clear that I do not believe they are significantly improved from an overall program lens. They have an easy schedule, and have squeaked by their two mediocre opponents (with a win against an awful one).

The problem is, if we don't beat them, and don't have a significantly better season, we won't be moving as fast as I'd like in recruiting.

Let me also be clear that I do not believe they are significantly improved from an overall program lens. They have an easy schedule, and have squeaked by their two mediocre opponents (with a win against an awful one).

The problem is, if we don't beat them, and don't have a significantly better season, we won't be moving as fast as I'd like in recruiting.

We are beating them, my friend.

Advertisement

1663712441487.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did the extent of the injuries to Travis and Verse ever come out? Verse is a game changer. They got DE's in the portal 2 years in a row who will play on Sundays.
This...what are the injury results of the QB, DE and LT?

This...what are the injury results of the QB, DE and LT?
This is from Monday

FSU injury updates​

Quarterback Jordan Travis

When: Second quarter vs. Louisville

Injury: Apparent lower left leg

Status: Was in walking boot and on crutches post game; no updates from Norvell on Monday.

Stats: 44-of-65, 624 yards, four touchdowns, one interception, 165.5 QB rating, 92.1 Pro Football Focus (PFF) offensive grade

Backup: Tate Rodemaker, He went 6-of-10 for 109 yards, two touchdowns and one interception against the Cardinals, leading FSU to a 35-31 comeback victory.

Defensive end Jared Verse

When: Second quarter vs. Louisville

Injury: Apparent knee injury

Status: Wore a brace on his left leg on the sideline against Louisville. No updates from Norvell.

Stats: Nine tackles (four solo) and three sacks.

Backup: Derrick McLendon. Forced fumble, three tackles recorded against Louisville filling in.

Offensive lineman Robert Scott Jr.

When: Fourth quarter vs. Louisville

Injury: Apparent lower leg injury

Stats: 152 snaps; 64.5 PFF blocking grade

Backup: Darius Washington. Played 37 snaps; 59.8 blocking grade

Defensive end Malcolm Ray

When: Final drive in fourth quarter vs. Louisville

Injury: Apparent right-arm injury

Stats: Six tackles (three solo)

Backup: Undisclosed (final drive)

Defensive tackle Fabian Lovett

When: Final drive in fourth quarter against LSU (Sept. 4)

Injury: Apparent right leg injury

Status: Missed Louisville game and was in street clothes on sidelines; no updates

Stats: Two tackles (one solo)

Backup: Malcolm Ray; Started in place of Lovett against Louisville, finished with four tackles before sustaining an injury in the fourth quarter against Louisville.

Linebacker Amari Gainer

When: First half against Duquesne (Aug. 27)

Injury: Apparent lower leg/foot injury

Stats: Four tackles (one solo)

Backup: Brendan Gant. Six tables, one fumble recovery, one pass deflection.

Meet the backup:It's Tate's game: Rodemaker steps in for injured Jordan Travis vs. Cardinals

Haven't played, could return​

Wide receiver Winston Wright Jr.

Injury: Leg injury

Wide receiver Ja'Khi Douglas

Injury: Undisclosed

EJ Manuel Podcast:Former Florida State QB EJ Manuel on Louisville, Jordan Travis and more | Podcast

Out for the season​

Offensive line Bless Harris

Offensive line Kayden Lyles

Linebacker Stephen Dix Jr.

They should survive this weekend without any of them unless Phil J and Flowers just catch fire. But even with most of those guys back the stretch after that is likely not going to go well.

I think man of us thought 2-2 through 4 was possible. Maybe 1-3...but most didnt realize just how bad Louisville and BC were going to be...they can have 4-7 teams but still be a nuisance. But they are just really bad this year. So FSU should get to 4-0.

Advertisement
Back