Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Once I saw they were in a dogfight with Central Connecticut, I knew there was absolutely zero chance of them beating FSU. The same Central Connecticut that Miami had a 49-0 halftime lead against.

Last year they lost 45-3 to TCU, although they did beat Ohio, who is an FBS team.

Ohio was 3-9 last year, though.

Advertisement
Once I saw they were in a dogfight with Central Connecticut, I knew there was absolutely zero chance of them beating FSU. The same Central Connecticut that Miami had a 49-0 halftime lead against.
Yet Jacksonville State was shut out 31-0 by UAB the week before the FSU game and they went 5-6 for the season.

There's a chance.

My best game will always be the ‘83 Nebraska game until we win another one..

It was the beginning of our dynasty beating a team no one thought was beatable outside of the people associated with Miami and I’m sure some of those people had their doubts..

The next one we win will be the one that puts us back on top and hopefully it happens before I’m called home.I also hoping that the people in charge won’t let happen again what happened this last time letting the program turn to sHT.With what’s going on I’d say it won’t happen but I’m pretty sure most of us Cane fans thought it wouldn’t happen this last time.

This year will mark my 65th year as a Cane fan and I’m really hoping that our 6th ring comes by 2025 but until then the Nebraska game in ‘83 will the most important game to me cause it announced our arrival as a force on the football team.

I don't disagree on "most important", 1984 Orange Bowl is #1. But for atmosphere, noise, hatred, fan reaction, etc., we just weren't yet there for the 1983-84 season.

Last year they lost 45-3 to TCU, although they did beat Ohio, who is an FBS team.

Ohio was 3-9 last year, though.
The win against Ohio was a shocker even though Ohio is a bad FBS program. Duquesne plays in the Northeast Conference ( I think that's what it's called?). It's mostly terrible programs in the (shocker) northeast. The conference was so bad that Central Connecticut was one of the better teams. Honestly, I'd be surprised if the game isn't something like 49-7 FSU.

Advertisement
Meanwhile at FSU.....

Help Me Im Poor Kristen Wiig GIF

Advertisement
What's funny is that 8-4 is an overachievement for them and they'd be **** happy, but it would be the floor and somewhat disappointing for us.

So, their ceiling is our floor. Hmm.
Hopefully they go 6-6, are ecstatic about making a bowl again, and give Norvell a long-term program crippling extension.

And it's so bad that they get stuck in the ACC forever because nobody else wants them.

Advertisement
6.5 on draft kings. It was +115 for the under 2 days ago.
Odd. What am I missing? Did they pick up a bunch more transfers than I remember? In that 8-4 prediction, Louisville, BC, WF, and Florida are all predicted wins where they may not even be favored. They appear as likely to go 5-7 as they are 8-4. Then again, I suck at gambling most of the time.

Odd. What am I missing? Did they pick up a bunch more transfers than I remember? In that 8-4 prediction, Louisville, BC, WF, and Florida are all predicted wins where they may not even be favored. They appear as likely to go 5-7 as they are 8-4. Then again, I suck at gambling most of the time.

If they appear as likely to go 5-7 as they are to go 8-4, then 6.5 is a pretty good line.

Duquesne is a win
Syracuse is awful
GT is awful
Louisiana *should* be a win

Assuming they win those 4, and yes I know they're not very good themselves and there isn't a 100% chance they win these 4 games, but *IF*, then they need to go 3-5 in their other 8 games. Certain? Of course not. Likely? Prob a coin flip. But again, that's why the line is 6.5. I think they most likely win 6 or 7 games.

Clemson, Miami, UF, NC State, Louisville, Wake, LSU, BC (who should probably be included more in the group with GT and Cuse than Clemson etc.)

Would it shock me if they went 2-6 in those 8? **** no. Would it shock me if they went 3-5? No on that either.

To me, the juice is the kicker. It's -135 to take the over 6.5....I think they have a decent shot to go 7-5, but not nearly enough to lay 135 on it. If they flipped the juice and made over +115 and under -135, I'd be more interested in an over bet. But I won't be betting it as is.

Advertisement
If they appear as likely to go 5-7 as they are to go 8-4, then 6.5 is a pretty good line.

Duquesne is a win
Syracuse is awful
GT is awful

Assuming they win those 4, and yes I know they're not very good themselves and there isn't a 100% chance they win these 4 games, but *IF*, then they need to go 3-5 in their other 8 games. Certain? Of course not. Likely? Prob a coin flip. But again, that's why the line is 6.5. I think they most likely win 6 or 7 games.

Clemson, Miami, UF, NC State, Louisville, Wake, LSU, BC (who should probably be included more in the group with GT and Cuse than Clemson etc.)

Would it shock me if they went 2-6 in those 8? **** no. Would it shock me if they went 3-5? No on that either.

To me, the juice is the kicker. It's -135 to take the over 6.5....I think they have a decent shot to go 7-5, but not nearly enough to lay 135 on it. If they flipped the juice and made over +115 and under -135, I'd be more interested in an over bet. But I won't be betting it as is.
The juice is what I referred to as "what am I missing." Because while very light, it appears the +115 makes them an underdog to get 6 wins. I'd have expected it flipped. Under at -115. Over at something like +120.

The juice is what I referred to as "what am I missing." Because while very light, it appears the +115 makes them an underdog to get 6 wins. I'd have expected it flipped. Under at -115. Over at something like +120.

Yup, gotcha. Me too. I was surprised to see the over at -135. That means the book is encouraging under bets because they're heavy loaded on the over. Surprising to me that people are running to the window to bet FSU over 6.5 wins this year. It definitely can happen, 7-5 wouldn't shock me one bit, but I don't think it's incredibly likely.

Yup, gotcha. Me too. I was surprised to see the over at -135. That means the book is encouraging under bets because they're heavy loaded on the over. Surprising to me that people are running to the window to bet FSU over 6.5 wins this year. It definitely can happen, 7-5 wouldn't shock me one bit, but I don't think it's incredibly likely.
6 would be kind of perfect. I think it's enough to keep Norvell around while also keeping the stink around.

Duquesne is a win
Syracuse is awful
GT is awful

For as many flaws Jordan Travis has he keeps them in games with his legs…. He get injured and it’s all done

Advertisement
Back