Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I was at Miami vs FSU in 1990, 92, and 94. Wide Right II was especially electric. Actually now that I think about it, so was Miami vs Houston in 1991 when Klingler came to town and was destroyed.
I can still remember Jessie Armstead running down field with their WR's. Wow!
Klinger never rebounded after that game.

Advertisement
I remember the hype train for Klinger and that Houston team. Our Canes ran a train on them that night. It was a blood bath. I don’t think that Klinger had any clue of what he was gonna be up against. Dude looked genuinely scared as the game went on.

I remember their coach talking garbage about how his players would meet ours at midfield for the coin toss with chains wrapped around their fists.

We ended the viability of their program for nearly twenty years that night.

Advertisement
I was at Miami vs FSU in 1990, 92, and 94. Wide Right II was especially electric. Actually now that I think about it, so was Miami vs Houston in 1991 when Klingler came to town and was destroyed.
The '91 Houston game. They were the newfound media darlings, flashy offense and the hot new team with the star QB. The Cougars talked trash all week. After their beatdown the very dejected head coach made a comment along the lines of " we knew it was over when their linebackers were outrunning our fastest wide receivers".

He beat us and we weren't good at all I think that game has those fsu fans hyped. Im like bruh u beat a bad UM thats nothing to celebrate
*Beat a bad UM team that came back down double digits at half and only lost because a DB blew an assignment.*

Seriously, the epitome of winning the battle but losing the war. They got the win, and we got a clean house, massive investment in football, Mario, and a top coaching staff.

Advertisement
*Beat a bad UM team that came back down double digits at half and only lost because a DB blew an assignment.*

Seriously, the epitome of winning the battle but losing the war. They got the win, and we got a clean house, massive investment in football, Mario, and a top coaching staff.
It's over I have no doubt within four years we will be a playoff team yearly

I remember their coach talking garbage about how his players would meet ours at midfield for the coin toss with chains wrapped around their fists.

He should’ve kept his mouth shut. It’s easy to talk **** when you’re not the one getting destroyed on the gridiron. I’m sure Klinger and the rest of the H-Town squad wished that he would’ve not said **** before the game.

Advertisement
They were run and shoot and we played them in our base 4-3. Lol
They had no answer for our front four. We just rushed the passer with four on every down and they couldn’t protect the quarterback for more than a second or two. They tried to counter with a bunch of draw plays and shovel passes but their running back was a big, slow guy and the Bermuda Triangle was too fast to be blocked. Miami’s defensive game plan was as basic as possible. Their offense required their line to be able to pass block four with five and they just got beat over and over. Meadaris, Krein, Patrick, Caesar and Pat Riley just abused them.

OK, now you got me goin'...

Here's an interesting trivia challenge...CAN ANYONE NAME THE COACH OF HOUSTON IN 1991? That motherfvcking ****y SOB...finished #10 in the AP in 1990, his first year...had Houston at #10 when they played Miami...lost the next 3 games too, at Illinois, home vs. Baylor, and at Arkansas...only beat post-Pony-Express-probation SMU, Texas (nice), and Rice for the rest of the year...went 4-7 that season...went 4-7 in 1992 and was fired...SPENT THE REST OF HIS CAREER COACHING IN CANADA, MOSTLY AS A POSITION COACH/COORDINATOR...

John Jenkins. WHO? Yeah, right. A nobody. A big-mouth wannabe whose entire coaching career was destroyed in 3 hours in Miami.

FVCK THAT GUY.

Here's an excerpt:

BY GENE WOJCIECHOWSKI
SEPT. 13, 1991 12 AM PT
TIMES STAFF WRITER
MIAMI —

If he’s smart, Houston Coach John Jenkins will crank up his world-famous shredding machine today and begin slicing and dicing the evidence of Thursday night’s 40-10 lopsided loss to second-ranked Miami.

Game plan . . . game film . . . top-10 ranking . . . coach of the year acceptance speech--they are history, just as the Cougars are.

And while he’s at it, Jenkins might want to hold off on those non-refundable tickets to New York and December’s Heisman Trophy presentation.

His quarterback of the ages, David Klingler, had the kind of night that the Miami defensive coordinator--and Brigham Young’s Ty Detmer, the other leading Heisman candidate--hoped for, which is to say miserable, by Houston standards.

Advertisement
Most amazing games at the Orange Bowl (noise, insanity, people getting arrested) would be...

---September 27, 1986 - #1 Oklahomo vs. #2 Miami - Brian Bosworth effigies (MULTIPLE) hanging from the upper deck of the OB...guys went door to door in the UM dorms selling an orange t-shirt with white printing...all it said was: [image of middle finger] OU & THE BOZ....I bought two....

---September 5, 1987 - #20 Gaytors vs. #10 Miami - everyone knew this was the LAST TIME the Gaytors would play us annually...31-4 and Miami scored all the points, as we GAVE THEM 2 safeties on punt long-snaps that went out of the end zone...place was so loud, we rattled our own long-snapper...

---September 3, 1988 - Pre-season #1 F$U vs. #6 Miami - Yep, yep, this is the infamous "SemenHole Shuffle" game, where the SemenHoles made that god-awful rap video like they were the Chicago Bears. Do I need to remind everyone? THIRTY-ONE TO NOTHING.

---November 25, 1989 - #1 Notre Dame vs. #7 Miami - PURE HATRED. This was payback for the Cleveland Gary NON-FUMBLE call from 1988, when we SHOULD HAVE won the national championship AGAIN. It was THIS GAME that Notre Dame cited for not playing us any longer.

---October 3, 1992 - #3 F$U vs. #2 Miami - WIDE RIGHT II. Need I say more?

---October 7, 2000 - #1 F$U vs. #7 Miami - WIDE RIGHT III. This is the game that ended a string of 5-straight losses to F$U. Cathartic. Should have played for a national championship under Butch, and we were robbed by THESE SEMENHOLES sneaking in ahead of us in the BCS rankings.

---November 24, 2001 - #11 Washington vs. #2 Miami - soooo much payback for the loss to Washington in 2000, and the only thing that keeps this from being near-perfection was that it happened over Thanksgiving weekend. SIXTY-FIVE TO SEVEN.

---October 12, 2002 - #9 F$U vs. #1 Miami - WIDE LEFT - Miami as the defending national champ and (almost, technically) a wire-to-wire champion.

I was there for every one of those games. There may be "more important" games (Miami's first national championship), but there have never been eight more INSANE games in Orange Bowl history.

Every one of those 8 games could be a chapter in a book. Or a whole book.
2003 The Comeback against UF has to be there.

HAS TO

1657911684033.png

1657911737396.png

Sad America GIF

Advertisement
Back