Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
The difference is that pro sports owners can threaten to leave if the city/state doesn't pony up. Even Mississippi has a better team, so there's really nowhere for fsu to go.

Exactly. Did you see that quote in the article, from some dude who runs a bank, talking about "imagine if F$U didn't play games here". WHAT? Where are they going to go?

Actually, I hope that F$U threatens to move to Pensacola AND THEN THEY DO IT. Would be hilarious. And appropriate.

Random off-season topic: What do you guys think their record will be entering Miami?

View attachment 188045
To be 4-4, they'd have to win the 3 games they'll likely be favored in (FCS, GT, BC? - possible) and win once as a dog against LSU (in New Orleans)/Louisville on the road/Wake at home (possible). Clem and NCST don't really deserve a mention. Are both possibilities probable? I doubt it.

3-5, final answer.

Advertisement
Random off-season topic: What do you guys think their record will be entering Miami?

View attachment 188045

I see the best case scenario for them here is 3–5, the base case scenario is 2-6. If they play besides themselves and earth is hit by an asteroid, and have a bunch of lucky bounces, they might come in 4–4, but that would be an insane nearly-impossible run of luck they would have to have.

Moving from Oxford to Tallahassee?
A school that’s broke with a booster as the AD.
Having to compete with Gapier and Mario for in state recruits.
I can’t see it happening. Unless he only cares about salt water fishing.
Tally would be a **** spot for offshore fishing, right in the armpit of FL. Super long boat and car ride to even get to fishing grounds. You could literally fly to Lauderdale/Miami and get to fishing grounds quicker than leaving from tally to the closest boat ramp and taking that long *** boat ride.

Advertisement
Tally would be a **** spot for offshore fishing, right in the armpit of FL. Super long boat and car ride to even get to fishing grounds. You could literally fly to Lauderdale/Miami and get to fishing grounds quicker than leaving from tally to the closest boat ramp and taking that long *** boat ride.
Yeah but it’s closer to the gulf than Oxford.

Literally minutes off the coast in South Florida you can be catching a shlt load of dolphin.

Literally minutes off the coast in South Florida you can be catching a shlt load of dolphin.
Yeah and most of the state isn’t like that either. Anywhere on the gulf side you have to go really far to hit any deep water and anything north of Jupiter on the Atlantic side is the same. I’ve “accidentally” caught dolphin while heading back to shore quite a few times. I’ll always leave a few lines out until I’m back in <30 feet

Advertisement
Norvell's nightly nightmares, where he sees Cristobal waiting across the sidelines...

1654133117593.png

Advertisement
Yeah and most of the state isn’t like that either. Anywhere on the gulf side you have to go really far to hit any deep water and anything north of Jupiter on the Atlantic side is the same. I’ve “accidentally” caught dolphin while heading back to shore quite a few times. I’ll always leave a few lines out until I’m back in <30 feet
Wait, you can't harvest a dolphin tho, right?

That's the thing with FSU right now, they have a wait and see approach with Norvell for the next two years just to see if they will fire him or not. Aside from an utter disaster of a season 4-8, 3-9, he will not be fired, so if he goes 6-6 or 7-5 they will keep him for 2023. Now going into the 2023 season, he would still have a losing record after three seasons and he could very well be on his last leg, meaning his future at FSU is not set in stone. If he goes 7-5 again recruiting will stay down and possibly worse because players wont want to come to a place where they dont know who their coach will be. Now if FSU wants to move on from Norvell they have to think about can they afford it and which coach would actually be interested in taking the job. I think Deion would get a mixed welcome, their fans seem to be divided on him as a coach.
Imho Deion doesn’t want the job, at least not yet. In his current role he has the flexibility to meet all of his media and business obligations. Being a D1 coach is a full time 24/7 job, and it doesn’t seem to me like he’s interested in that pathway right now. Could change, but his current coaching job gives him a lot more freedom. Also, not convinced he could right the ship there. They need a coach who’s a proven builder, and unfortunately for them the market is pretty set the next few years.

Advertisement
Back