Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Nole fans are absolutely delusional right now. The RP+ ranking have them 5th in the ACC and they all claimed they are at worst 2nd behind NC State. What changed between 4-8 and now that they would go at least 10-2? Nothing. At best they are 6-6.
2nd? Lmfao

Dear God,

This is Julian.
I promise I'll be the best player I can be.

God: but there's just 1 problem

Julian: what's that almighty ?

God: its Mario Cristobal my son, his Hurricanes are gonna be pushing your 💩 in for the next 4 years, or so it has been written.

Julian: 😭

God: it be like that, sorry my son.

1654087400936.png

Advertisement
Nole fans are absolutely delusional right now. The RP+ ranking have them 5th in the ACC and they all claimed they are at worst 2nd behind NC State. What changed between 4-8 and now that they would go at least 10-2? Nothing. At best they are 6-6.
What changed since the regular season ended? Did you not see their awesome bowl perf.... oh wait. Well what about recruiting, they signed the number one overall recruit Trav... ****, this is hard. In the transfer market didn't they get the UGA guy... **** I GOT NOTHING.

I guess Mike made a rap with some players and that will be the big catalyst?

So...once FSU implodes this year, what HC will they go all in for?

My guess is Lane.

He won't be fired unless your word literally is the perfect description for the season. It'd take a complete implosion. Like a ~4 win season with multiple massive blow-outs. Even something like 6-6 where they're remotely competitive and he's fine.

They just gave him an extension. They're still paying Willie. They have no money to buy him out, and buy out another HC from wherever he currently is. And the only way they'd start digging in the darkest of corners to find it is if he completely implodes, as you mentioned.

He won't be fired unless your word literally is the perfect description for the season. It'd take a complete implosion. Like a ~4 win season with multiple massive blow-outs. Even something like 6-6 where they're remotely competitive and he's fine.

They just gave him an extension. They're still paying Willie. They have no money to buy him out, and buy out another HC from wherever he currently is. And the only way they'd start digging in the darkest of corners to find it is if he completely implodes, as you mentioned.
Can anyone remind me of the details of the extension? Was this one of those contract reworkings so his buyout is more favorable, in anticipation of the inevitable?

Advertisement

And even then their AD has a Blake James competency level. Their next pick will make UF choosing Gapier look like a master stroke of genius.

Can anyone remind me of the details of the extension? Was this one of those contract reworkings so his buyout is more favorable, in anticipation of the inevitable?

No. I believe his buyout remains the same. It’s 85% of the money owed if he’s fired. But his original deal ran thru 2025. In December, they agreed to run it through 2026.

Meaning, if he’s fired after the 2022 season, FSU owes him 85% of the money remaining for the 2023, 2024, 2025, and now 2026 seasons. So well north of $15M.

So...once FSU implodes this year, what HC will they go all in for?

My guess is Lane.
Moving from Oxford to Tallahassee?
A school that’s broke with a booster as the AD.
Having to compete with Gapier and Mario for in state recruits.
I can’t see it happening. Unless he only cares about salt water fishing.

Moving from Oxford to Tallahassee?
A school that’s broke with a booster as the AD.
Having to compete with Gapier and Mario for in state recruits.
I can’t see it happening. Unless he only cares about salt water fishing.
The FSU coeds would 100% make Lane at least think about it.

Advertisement
That's the thing with FSU right now, they have a wait and see approach with Norvell for the next two years just to see if they will fire him or not. Aside from an utter disaster of a season 4-8, 3-9, he will not be fired, so if he goes 6-6 or 7-5 they will keep him for 2023. Now going into the 2023 season, he would still have a losing record after three seasons and he could very well be on his last leg, meaning his future at FSU is not set in stone. If he goes 7-5 again recruiting will stay down and possibly worse because players wont want to come to a place where they dont know who their coach will be. Now if FSU wants to move on from Norvell they have to think about can they afford it and which coach would actually be interested in taking the job. I think Deion would get a mixed welcome, their fans seem to be divided on him as a coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back