Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
There’s people here that would cheer that FSU/Deon combination and become instant fans, trust me on that.

I believe this with every fiber of my being. @JeddTheFisch and I have had discussions off the board about these closeted Forfeit State fans.
But I can promise you they would not last long and it would be a running contest b/w me and Jedd for most Forfeit State bands. Their join dates would not save them.

Wait, they lost two games last year and one was a blowout. How is he not a program builder? you obviously haven’t seen the improvements they’ve made just because of him. They are literally building football facilities because of him.

I am skeptical that a wealthy HOF player whose entire persona was about being the center of attention is willing to put in the hours needed to succeed at a major P5. Coaching at a FCS school certainly takes some dedication, but the HC still has some semblance of work/life balance. At a big time P5, it's football and recruiting non-stop. Some guys are just wired for it and love the grind. When fans turn on a coach after a few bad losses as they often do, will Sanders shrug it off or say "F#ck it, I'm rich and I don't need this stress. I will go back to tv". Personally I don't think Deion will have the patience and dedication for the coaching profession at the P5 level.

compound this with recruiting woes - he landed a 5 star that FSU was sweating because the Barstool guy wanted to pump up HBCUs. Barstool guy doesn't give two ****s about Deion or the FSU program. FSU is still broke. What are they going to do when UM boosters are offering huge NIL deals to recruits and FSUs limp spear booster club can't find two nickels to rub together? Is Deions winning personality going to make up for a program that struggles to afford working urinals?

Advertisement
I am skeptical that a wealthy HOF player whose entire persona was about being the center of attention is willing to put in the hours needed to succeed at a major P5. Coaching at a FCS school certainly takes some dedication, but the HC still has some semblance of work/life balance. At a big time P5, it's football and recruiting non-stop. Some guys are just wired for it and love the grind. When fans turn on a coach after a few bad losses as they often do, will Sanders shrug it off or say "F#ck it, I'm rich and I don't need this stress. I will go back to tv". Personally I don't think Deion will have the patience and dedication for the coaching profession at the P5 level.

compound this with recruiting woes - he landed a 5 star that FSU was sweating because the Barstool guy wanted to pump up HBCUs. Barstool guy doesn't give two ****s about Deion or the FSU program. FSU is still broke. What are they going to do when UM boosters are offering huge NIL deals to recruits and FSUs limp spear booster club can't find two nickels to rub together? Is Deions winning personality going to make up for a program that struggles to afford working urinals?
this. ☝️

nobody starts a second career from scratch as a P5 football head coach at the age of 54. it's like starting medical school at the age of 60, hoping to become a heart surgeon.

mario works 20 hours per day. because that's what he knows takes to build a championship program.

anyone see deion doing that?? .... (didn't think so)

I agree with alot of what you said and I would be ecstatic if he tried to jump from JSU to Florida state. History has shown that guys without proven success at the P5 level will be a disaster (Butch Davis being the anomaly). The big three schools in Florida need proven p5 coaches.

Advertisement

This is why I’m always like “ehhhh” when people say Ed Reed should be a coach. I have no doubt that Ed’s knowledge is unsurpassed and that he knows the game like few others. What I do question is whether or not Ed wants to put in the countless hours doing the “non coaching” stuff. Endless time recruiting and constantly staying in contact with a never ending list of potential recruits. Media obligations and press junkets. Not to mention booster club appearances and other campus related activities. On top of scouting and prioritizing recruits. The amount that Mario puts into the job is enough to exhaust 99% of even the hardest workers. So much of the college game is doing work that’s not actual coaching.

I think Ed could kill it as an NFL position coach and work his way up. Some type of position where he could focus on coaching his players and nothing else

I personally think Deion would be a disaster there.

He's not a programme builder - they're getting run off the field at times.

He's living off his name at Jackson St. He's literally the most famous person in the building. Imagine having to recruit against the big dogs for all your players.
He might have been a disaster following Jimbo, but he'd just be par for the course now.

Advertisement
Mario is not losing his 1st FSU game. Once we take care of that business, those goobers lose their 4th and 14 battle cry. Then they got nothing.

Can't wait to yell at a bunch of SemenHoles, "Yeah, fourth and FVCK YOU!"

1651196121582.png

1651196136325.png

1651196159761.png

1651196204859.png

1651196261511.png

I personally think Deion would be a disaster there.

He's not a programme builder - they're getting run off the field at times.

He's living off his name at Jackson St. He's literally the most famous person in the building. Imagine having to recruit against the big dogs for all your players.
Please make it happen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back