Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Agreed. I'm tired of UM fans continuing to "thank" F$U for beating Manny, when we were already in contact with Mario in September.

Take a look at the firing of of Beta Blake and the hiring of Dan Radakovich. Take a look at everything that Mario has done and everyone that Mario has hired in the past 3 months. Compare what Manny would have done with money, considering that he did NOT spend money that was offered to him earlier. Consider how rapidly every element of UM Athletics has moved, including the hiring of brand new staff positions and new construction around Hecht. This was going to happen, regardless of the outcome of one game.

And if some people still think that one bad 2-minute defensive stand was the difference between hiring Mario and keeping Manny aboard for more mediocrity, then I don't know how to help them.
I think we would all like to think that your statement is true - but our previous history made a lot of people nervous about our Admin / BOT doing the right thing. Even in the end it seemed like there were plenty of Manny supporters (including BOT members) and a win over FSU sure seemed like it might be enough of an excuse to do nothing and keep Many. We just went 15 plus years of making one bad decision after another. Just think about how we hired Manny in the first place - that is why even the most die hard Canes fans who absolutely despise FSU can look at the loss without the great despair we would normally feel with that L. That nightmare is over and NO loss to FSU will ever be understandable again.

Advertisement
I think we would all like to think that your statement is true - but our previous history made a lot of people nervous about our Admin / BOT doing the right thing. Even in the end it seemed like there were plenty of Manny supporters (including BOT members) and a win over FSU sure seemed like it might be enough of an excuse to do nothing and keep Many. We just went 15 plus years of making one bad decision after another. Just think about how we hired Manny in the first place - that is why even the most die hard Canes fans who absolutely despise FSU can look at the loss without the great despair we would normally feel with that L. That nightmare is over and NO loss to FSU will ever be understandable again.

I understand this, and I'm not going to blast people for being a bit nervous at the time. That feeling was also complicated by the radio silence that Echevarria was trying to maintain. And Mario trying to maintain some quiet decorum.

I'm just trying to make clear, the momentum had been building FOR A WHILE. The money had been piling up (unspent) FOR A WHILE. The frustration towards Beta Blake had been growing FOR A WHILE.

But Manny was out. He knew it in September. I'm not denying that, like a cancer patient, he was hoping there would be a miraculous cure to save his life, but that was his own personal delusion.

There were some heel-dragging Trustees who had wagered far too much on the Manny horse and were not happy with their personal power being diminished. But enough factors were in place that Manny was going to be fired regardless of the last 2 minutes of the F$U game.

The guy stopped recruiting in September. UNC was the nail in the coffin. Remember him walking out on the field after contemplating life and fairy german snapped a picture of him? We would have caught some negative attention from media canning a couch winning 8 straight, but not anymore than the fiasco that happened with us courting Mario while Manny was still "employed."

incel
/ˈinˌsel/

noun

1. a member of an online community of young men who consider themselves unable to attract women sexually, typically associated with views that are hostile toward women and men who are sexually active.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
Incel is literally short for “involuntary celibate”

Advertisement
The guy stopped recruiting in September. UNC was the nail in the coffin. Remember him walking out on the field after contemplating life and fairy german snapped a picture of him? We would have caught some negative attention from media canning a couch winning 8 straight, but not anymore than the fiasco that happened with us courting Mario while Manny was still "employed."
I know we didn’t get any recruits in Sep - Nov, but did he really shut down or greatly diminish recruiting? Honest question...curious if some behind the scenes info had leaked.

Agreed. I'm tired of UM fans continuing to "thank" F$U for beating Manny, when we were already in contact with Mario in September.

Take a look at the firing of of Beta Blake and the hiring of Dan Radakovich. Take a look at everything that Mario has done and everyone that Mario has hired in the past 3 months. Compare what Manny would have done with money, considering that he did NOT spend money that was offered to him earlier. Consider how rapidly every element of UM Athletics has moved, including the hiring of brand new staff positions and new construction around Hecht. This was going to happen, regardless of the outcome of one game.

And if some people still think that one bad 2-minute defensive stand was the difference between hiring Mario and keeping Manny aboard for more mediocrity, then I don't know how to help them.
Well it’s a way to rationalize losing to that **** stain of a team

Advertisement

Thanking FSU for anything as a UM fan is weirdo **** regardless 💯

Advertisement
Just a thought… instead of focusing on whether or not it ended Manny why not ask the beneficial question, “Did the win buy Norvell more time?” Either potential byproduct of that horrid loss is a positive for us.
This is true. While I don’t think FSU was going to fire Norvell regardless of the outcome, the win took a little heat off. ****, they even extended him. The longer that loser is employed by them, the better.

Advertisement
Just a thought… instead of focusing on whether or not it ended Manny why not ask the beneficial question, “Did the win buy Norvell more time?” Either potential byproduct of that horrid loss is a positive for us.

See, now here is a person who thinks outside the box! I am VERY happy with Prison Mike getting some extra time to be particularly mediocre at his job.

Advertisement
Back