Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement

Man, Dom Oates is borderline...is is still OK to say mentally challenged?

Career W-L record...let's delve into that, shall we?

Taggart - 66-73
---WKU (his alma mater) - ended a TWENTY-SIX game losing streak (20 consecutive losses in the two years before he was hired), so he obviously inherited a crappy team. Went 2-10, 7-5, 7-5 which is a total of 16-20. But this turnaround got him hired by USF.
---USF - inherited a team that went 8-16 in the two years before he was hired, so he inherited another crappy team. Went 2-10, 4-8, 8-5, 10-2 which is a total of 24-25. But this turnaround got him hired by Oregon.
---Oregon - inherited a team that went 13-12 in the two years before he was hired (though they were 4-8 the year before he was hired), so he inherited a mediocre team. Went 7-5. But this modest improvement got him hired by F$U.
---F$U (his dream job) - inherited a team that went 17-9 in the two years before he was hired (though they were 7-6 the year before he was hired), so the "Jimbo team" he inherited wasn't all that great, let's call it an above-average team. Went 5-7, 4-5 which is a total of 9-12. But this failure got him hired by FAU.
---FAU - inherited a team that went 16-10 in the two years before he was hired (though they were 11-3 the year before he was hired), so he finally inherited a team on the rise. Went 5-4, 5-7 which is a total of 10-11.

So if you really analyze things, Taggart has historically walked into a bad situation and tends to do better with "turnaround" projects where he remains in place for several years. It's true that he didn't do much at Oregon (1 year) or F$U (less than 2 years), but he did very well at WKU and USF. FAU is still "incomplete".

Nooooowwwww, let's take a look at Prison Mike. I've analyzed this one quite extensively in prior posts, so I'll sum up here.

Prison Mike Norvell - 46-28
---Memphis - if "Coach Dom Oates" wants to diminish Taggart for "inheriting a Jimbo team", I'm not sure why he doesn't diminish Prison Mike for "inheriting a Justin Fuente team", which is the AAC functional equivalent of inheriting a "Jimbo team". Memphis was 19-7 (and 19-6 if you don't count the last bowl game against Auburn after Fuente left for VaTech). in the two years before Prison Mike was hired. I have previously described how Prison Mike added ONE additional win, per year, to the Memphis 4-year running average compiled by Justin Fuente. Wow. Prison Mike didn't exactly take a sad song and make it better. He took a good team and made it marginally better.
---F$U - inherited an admittedly not-great Taggart team, and made it worse. Prison Mike has gone 3-6, 5-7 which is a total of 8-13. By all mathematical measures, this is "worse" than Taggart's record of 9-12. And if you project out the other 4 games Taggart didn't coach in 2019, his teams went 11-14. Which, again, is a better winning percentage at F$U than what Prison Mike has accomplished.

Sad.

Indian Crying-fspoo.gif

Advertisement
Miami and Florida are gonna eat FSU lunch when it comes to recruiting. Fsu fell flat on their faces during both signing days… they have zero NiL deals to offer players, the stadium needs major upgrades, they’re boosters are broke etc….
i'm still not convinced Napier is gonna make UF competitive in the SEC East but at least UF is willing to spend the resources..

FSU fans can't feel anything but doom and gloom.. most of their fans are expecting 6-8 wins and are happy/ecstatic with Norvell.. that's in his 3rd season in the ACC Atlantic.. for FSU??? that program has lowered expectations so much it's hard to believe..

Man, Dom Oates is borderline...is is still OK to say mentally challenged?

Career W-L record...let's delve into that, shall we?

Taggart - 66-73
---WKU (his alma mater) - ended a TWENTY-SIX game losing streak (20 consecutive losses in the two years before he was hired), so he obviously inherited a crappy team. Went 2-10, 7-5, 7-5 which is a total of 16-20. But this turnaround got him hired by USF.
---USF - inherited a team that went 8-16 in the two years before he was hired, so he inherited another crappy team. Went 2-10, 4-8, 8-5, 10-2 which is a total of 24-25. But this turnaround got him hired by Oregon.
---Oregon - inherited a team that went 13-12 in the two years before he was hired (though they were 4-8 the year before he was hired), so he inherited a mediocre team. Went 7-5. But this modest improvement got him hired by F$U.
---F$U (his dream job) - inherited a team that went 17-9 in the two years before he was hired (though they were 7-6 the year before he was hired), so the "Jimbo team" he inherited wasn't all that great, let's call it an above-average team. Went 5-7, 4-5 which is a total of 9-12. But this failure got him hired by FAU.
---FAU - inherited a team that went 16-10 in the two years before he was hired (though they were 11-3 the year before he was hired), so he finally inherited a team on the rise. Went 5-4, 5-7 which is a total of 10-11.

So if you really analyze things, Taggart has historically walked into a bad situation and tends to do better with "turnaround" projects where he remains in place for several years. It's true that he didn't do much at Oregon (1 year) or F$U (less than 2 years), but he did very well at WKU and USF. FAU is still "incomplete".

Nooooowwwww, let's take a look at Prison Mike. I've analyzed this one quite extensively in prior posts, so I'll sum up here.

Prison Mike Norvell - 46-28
---Memphis - if "Coach Dom Oates" wants to diminish Taggart for "inheriting a Jimbo team", I'm not sure why he doesn't diminish Prison Mike for "inheriting a Justin Fuente team", which is the AAC functional equivalent of inheriting a "Jimbo team". Memphis was 19-7 (and 19-6 if you don't count the last bowl game against Auburn after Fuente left for VaTech). in the two years before Prison Mike was hired. I have previously described how Prison Mike added ONE additional win, per year, to the Memphis 4-year running average compiled by Justin Fuente. Wow. Prison Mike didn't exactly take a sad song and make it better. He took a good team and made it marginally better.
---F$U - inherited an admittedly not-great Taggart team, and made it worse. Prison Mike has gone 3-6, 5-7 which is a total of 8-13. By all mathematical measures, this is "worse" than Taggart's record of 9-12. And if you project out the other 4 games Taggart didn't coach in 2019, his teams went 11-14. Which, again, is a better winning percentage at F$U than what Prison Mike has accomplished.

Sad.
Don't forget Norvell go the luxury of cancelling games against Clemson, UVA and Wake Forest in 2020 that likely would have added three more losses to his total. Being incredibly generous....maybe FSU goes 1-2 in those three games but that's unlikely.

Advertisement
I was watching that Josh Pate dude talk about the ACC and he showed Fsu schedule and i don’t see how they win 5 games next year..
Does Brian Kelly lay another egg against the noles like he did this year. That was an embarrassing display of coaching by the Irish that night. I don’t know much about lsu but I would hope they take them to the woodshed first game of year

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back