Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Never seen it mentioned but tbh I am disappointed our IPF is only 60 yards. Probably not a big deal when actually training, but that’s one area we still fall just a little short. Until we have a 100 yard IPF people are gonna say we don’t have as good of facilities as other schools. Really hope cristobal expands that.

But thank ******* god we don’t have a circus.

I’ll let someone else explain it to you. I just can’t anymore.

So then why does the school have to “release” him.

Because the LOI is a binding contract. And he also has not enrolled yet, so he can't "enter the Portal". He's in a gray area where he is under contract and cannot talk to other schools.

If the school releases him from his LOI, he can sign another LOI (or just enroll elsewhere). If the school forces him to honor the LOI, and he enrolls, then the school uses an IC, even if the kid hits the Portal 24 hours later. So if you feel strongly that a kid is unhappy, it just makes common sense to release him and save the IC. Yes, it's a short term "we lost a Top 100 kid" hit, but UGa is the defending national champs and have a top class with or without one particular kid.

Advertisement
70 yards between EZ's. Question, how many schools have 100 yard IPF's? No one in the program is embarrassed by our IPF. The opposite, except fans I guess. Where has this MMJ stuff come from? The family is connected to Kirby and even his wife through friends or something. Addae was not their only connection to UGA. He has connected with other players. I personally wanted MMJ over all other DL in the 22 class. I don't believe this rumor. Hey, maybe we get stuck with Jason Taylor as DE coach and that seals MMJ. I won't believe it until that happens though.

Last edited:
The IPF is 80 yards total including EZ's. 70 yards between EZ's. Question, how many schools have 100 yard IPF's? No one in the program is embarrassed by our IPF. The opposite, except fans I guess. Where has this MMJ stuff come from? The family is connected to Kirby and even his wife through friends or something. Addae was not their only connection to UGA. He has connected with other players. I personally wanted MMJ over all other DL in the 22 class. I don't believe this rumor. Hey, maybe we get stuck with Jason Taylor as DE coach and that seals MMJ. I won't believe it until that happens though.

You can disbelieve whatever you want. But you're wrong.

This ipf talk is some weak sauce and another attempt to negative recruit.
The field on the side is much more effective logistically and more bang for your buck.
If you just have 100 yard ipf you can’t split the field effectively. At our ipf You can run scrimmage drills on the 70 yarder while others are working drills on the 40 yarder

Most drives start at the 25 and never reach the red zone. And if you have dudes working on each side of the 100 yard field then both sides will interfere with each other and It’s just a waste of space.
This is even more effective down here when you factor in the rain and lightning. You can still run a real time 2 minute drill on the 70 yarder with the 1’s and 2’s while the forty yard field can be used to run drills or even red zone drills.

It’s actually a lot smarter to do it this way then just having a 100 yarder. And I believe this was CMR’s idea for that exact reason.

Advertisement
Never seen it mentioned but tbh I am disappointed our IPF is only 60 yards. Probably not a big deal when actually training, but that’s one area we still fall just a little short. Until we have a 100 yard IPF people are gonna say we don’t have as good of facilities as other schools. Really hope cristobal expands that.

But thank ******* god we don’t have a circus.

tv land you know nothing GIF by YoungerTV

Because the LOI is a binding contract. And he also has not enrolled yet, so he can't "enter the Portal". He's in a gray area where he is under contract and cannot talk to other schools.

If the school releases him from his LOI, he can sign another LOI (or just enroll elsewhere). If the school forces him to honor the LOI, and he enrolls, then the school uses an IC, even if the kid hits the Portal 24 hours later. So if you feel strongly that a kid is unhappy, it just makes common sense to release him and save the IC. Yes, it's a short term "we lost a Top 100 kid" hit, but UGa is the defending national champs and have a top class with or without one particular kid.

I’ve never read one, so I have no idea if it’s actually a binding contract or not, but I will definitely take your word for it.

Advertisement
You think a 17 year old won't think that a bigger place to practice is better?

A bigger place to practice?

First, not all of our practices are indoors. Nor should they be. Our preferred practice location is still Greentree.

Second, what ******* retarded high school player sits there and thinks "yeah, man, my entire high school career we used the entire 100 yard football field for every practice every time, and I would feel cramped if I had to practice indoors on "only" a 70 yard field".

This is just ridiculous thinking.

Advertisement
You think a 17 year old won't think that a bigger place to practice is better?
Please tell me that wasn't meant to be a serious question! 🤣

IPF practice field length is irrelevant as long as it's big enough to run all game scenarios. It's not like our IPF is small. It has more square footage than many teams' facilities that have a single 100 yd field.

Advertisement
Back