Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Please tell me that wasn't meant to be a serious question! 🤣

IPF practice field length is irrelevant as long as it's big enough to run all game scenarios. It's not like our IPF is small. It has more square footage than many teams' facilities that have a single 100 yd field.
That’s not what I asked. I’m asking what a 17 year old choosing between us and other top schools thinks. And saying it’s irrelevant is like saying a locker room that only has folding chairs is irrelevant. “You don’t need anything fancy in a locker room to play football!” I’m using hyperbole because I think it actually matters. Sure, it might not matter much, but to a 17 year old choosing between us and Bama, it might.

There’s literally no reason to ever have a 100 yard practice field. Kickoffs, which are generally the longest plays in football, are from the 35 yard line. No offensive play is specifically designed to go over 80 yards. (Nobody can throw that far anyway) No defense is specifically designed to stop plays over 80 yards either. It makes much more sense to have two different smaller fields so you can have multiple units working independently of each other at the same time.

There’s literally no reason to ever have a 100 yard practice field. Kickoffs, which are generally the longest plays in football, are from the 35 yard line. No offensive play is specifically designed to go over 80 yards. (Nobody can throw that far anyway) No defense is specifically designed to stop plays over 80 yards either. It makes much more sense to have two different smaller fields so you can have multiple units working independently of each other at the same time.
This

Advertisement
That’s not what I asked. I’m asking what a 17 year old choosing between us and other top schools thinks. And saying it’s irrelevant is like saying a locker room that only has folding chairs is irrelevant. “You don’t need anything fancy in a locker room to play football!” I’m using hyperbole because I think it actually matters. Sure, it might not matter much, but to a 17 year old choosing between us and Bama, it might.
It doesn't matter give it up.

1.) We have greentree
2.) The ipf isn't our regular practice field. We aren't one of these other scjoolsnwoth poor weather that NEED to always practice indoors

3.) I highly doubt a player is counting the yardage.
4.) Considering running sprints and most if not all players hate it...its a plus as a player lol

You think a 17 year old won't think that a bigger place to practice is better?
backing up homer simpson GIF

Advertisement
A bigger place to practice?

First, not all of our practices are indoors. Nor should they be. Our preferred practice location is still Greentree.

Second, what ******* retarded high school player sits there and thinks "yeah, man, my entire high school career we used the entire 100 yard football field for every practice every time, and I would feel cramped if I had to practice indoors on "only" a 70 yard field".

This is just ridiculous thinking.
but but but we have 80 yard plays to practice!!

Not the place to have this conversation. Like, at all. Take a week from this thread to consider its purpose.

Advertisement
Same way they're doing it now....

363fac2ad74b330bbf6e6b2b7ed396e3.jpg
I’m thinking something like this...

You might see this as disaster. I see fifth dimensional thinking and long term planning. Coach Norvell knows that schemes alone will not win a national championship. No. What matters is talent, experience and skill combined with the future facing schemes that we already bring to the table.

What Coach Norvell has done is to treat this season and the next as extended scrimmages. Wins are irrelevant. What matters is gametime experience. And skill building. To the point of talent, we have to keep in mind that the more losses that we take on the short term, the higher our draft choice selection will be. Furthermore we can give the appearance of a talent disparity and lure portal recruits to join.

You say 0-6, and technically this is true. But I say that in four or five years that same number of games will yield a 6-0 start, as we are building the foundation of something truly extraordinary. Be patient.

The size of the practice field has nothing to do with the quality or "fanciness" of the facilities. Our IPF is a state of the art, newer facility that rivals other top schools.

Advertisement
I think the point here is that most of the rest of us don't think it matters at all.

Advertisement
Back