Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
One would think we should all be celebrating a kid choosing to go HBCU. If my neon white *** can see than I don't see what the problem is with everyone else. Now that an HBCU is finding a way to compete through similar tactics to any other school it's wrong? Good for him and hopefully he continues his road to stardom
I think it’s great and needs to continue. The thing is what will Deion, Eddie George, and Grambling State coach do when these P5 schools start throwing money at him. If they stay at their schools we can see a new trend. If they bolt then expect this only to be a fad

Speak it into existence CN40

It's cheating when Bama, A&M, Clemson, Ohio State and all the rest pay to sign top black recruits, but folks accept it cause how that's how the game has worked since schools figured out signing black players made their teams better.

But a top kid picks an HBCU — which have been serving black people for like 100 years or more — and all of a sudden it's a travesty that's gonna wreck CFB.

If people can't see the hypocrisy and paternalism in that mindset, there's not much to say.

Just wish Travis Hunter was set on going the HBCU route, he would've picked Bethune-Cookman instead of Jackson State.
Ignorant nonsense. If he signed with UC Davis, I would say the same thing.

Advertisement
This right here. Nothing funnier than FSU losing a generational talent to an FCS School (coached by its most famous athletics alumnus no less). But everything associated with NIL is changing the game. Everything Lane Kiffin said the other day is true regarding kids making choices based on where they will get paid the most is true. It's a very slippery slope and this will indeed hurt UM down the line.
None of this is even an issue if the NCAA had seriously tried to work out an arrangement for schools to pay their athletes. Instead they did nothing and now Pandora’s Box is open and they have no ability to even slow this down. So, so stupid.

Sure guy, go tell that to the other FCS dudes that had to grind on rosters to even get playing time because they played there.
What does the other FCS dudes have to do with him? and you don't think he is taking playing time away from some dude at FSU? Man, stop it.

Advertisement
Why are you acting like this is gunna eliminate him from 1st/2nd round consideration?

First of all he can always transfer put whenever he wants.

Second of all he will almost certainly dominate his competition.... Do you really think that the #1 overall recruit in the nation who is dominating his competition is really not going to be on the top of draft boards? Come on. The NFL will see his raw talent and athleticism and that alone will get him into 1st or 2nd round discussions. Him being dominant will solidify that.

I'm not saying it's a good decision, but you're acting like this is gunna ruin his life which is just false

Exactly. The market will figure this out.

If this guy goes to JSU and falls out of the first couple rounds of the draft because of lackluster competition, kids will see that and know not to follow in his footsteps. But if he goes, kills it, and still goes in the first round, kids will see they don't have to go to Clemson/Bama/UGA/OSU in order to get to the next level, and that evens the playing field in college football. That's a great thing.

Advertisement
Lol at him anchoring himself like that.
Why are you acting like this is gunna eliminate him from 1st/2nd round consideration?

First of all he can always transfer put whenever he wants.

Second of all he will almost certainly dominate his competition.... Do you really think that the #1 overall recruit in the nation who is dominating his competition is really not going to be on the top of draft boards? Come on. The NFL will see his raw talent and athleticism and that alone will get him into 1st or 2nd round discussions. Him being dominant will solidify that.

I'm not saying it's a good decision, but you're acting like this is gunna ruin his life which is just false
Lol it absolutely will. Name me another DB that wasn’t a freak athlete that went to an FCS school and went in the first 2 rounds? Their names are Jeremy chinn and Kyle Duggar and both of these pro bowl levels talented didn’t even go in the top 45 picks. Anybody that’s ever worked in anything involving contracts like this also know that barstool probably put a clause in there preventing him from transferring to the DBS level too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back