Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I like the FSU loss as much as anyone, but I am not sure I like the idea that Barstool or some such entity has the financial power to now decide where kids should attend college. We are getting into a slippery slope which will also hurt UM at some point
Barstool didn't even know about it seeing as how Prime told them they were going to shock the world just yesterday...

Advertisement
The difference is #1 recruits were not being given $millions by giant companies to go to a league lower than FCS. I don’t agree with paying a families cell phone bill, or $50k in a McDonalds bag, or buying Reggie Bush’s mom a house to go to USC, but openly steering a kid to a third tier league is worse.
They were being paid? Yes or no? If the answer is yes then there is no difference.

DF2CB924-1FBE-48A0-BE07-1B2471EE0170.jpeg

You would think the nation's #1 player could procure a major NIL deal at any school and wouldn't have to go to FCS just to make some money. There's more to this than just "JSU is offering cash".
One of the reasons he ignored Alabama/UGA's attention is because he wants to be Primetime 2.0. He never saw Deion play college or NFL. Now he can be coached by Sanders at JSU. Big enough reason for him to make that decision outside of the $.

I like the FSU loss as much as anyone, but I am not sure I like the idea that Barstool or some such entity has the financial power to now decide where kids should attend college. We are getting into a slippery slope which will also hurt UM at some point
Yes the NCAA will find a way to put the kabosh on it. Especially once it happens to one of Emmert's old SEC pals. But I don't mind watching the FSU meltdown this morning.

Advertisement
This right here. Nothing funnier than FSU losing a generational talent to an FCS School (coached by its most famous athletics alumnus no less). But everything associated with NIL is changing the game. Everything Lane Kiffin said the other day is true regarding kids making choices based on where they will get paid the most is true. It's a very slippery slope and this will indeed hurt UM down the line.

Advertisement
Ignorant post. Plenty of people would see him play. You can watch CFB on many platforms. Deion is attracting a ton of attention at JSU. I like it and would commend the young man for blazing his own path.

Their Homecoming had the most fans, 52K, in attendance for a game in JSU history.

Uninformed hater.
You just know that ESPN will have one of their games on primetime in the near future. Can you image "gameday" at JSU? Love it.

Advertisement
The best player in America going to play against a bunch of chumps because of money? That's good for college football?
and he'll be a worse player because of it

he may still get drafted higher, but he's not going to be pushed in practice or games against that level of competition. this dude needs to go to a big program and get pushed to be better against bigger comp.

terrible for the game, but glad if it did happen that it happened to fsu

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back