Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

FSU is bordering on being a G5 team this year at this point.

Bordering? UCF is a Top 15 team and F$U lost to the worst team in the ACC. I think F$U would have a better chance of rebuilding back to the glory days if they voluntarily dropped down to G5.

Imagine if college football had a relegation rule, like English Premier League soccer? F$U might get the boot from the ACC. ****, the Gaytors might have played their way out of the SEC in recent years.

Advertisement
i would consider Bolden as a cb. He was only moved to Wr because their recruiting and development has been trash in the last few years.
Bordering? UCF is a Top 15 team and F$U lost to the worst team in the ACC. I think F$U would have a better chance of rebuilding back to the glory days if they voluntarily dropped down to G5.

Imagine if college football had a relegation rule, like English Premier League soccer? F$U might get the boot from the ACC. ****, the Gaytors might have played their way out of the SEC in recent years.
That rule would actually be a great idea for cfb to be honest. It would see which of the complaining g5 programs are legit and they get their chance for more consistent competition. It would raise the level of play altogether.

deciding on how frequent, or which teams or conferences link to one another would be challenging, though.

Ucf plays GT this weekend. Let’s see how they look against them. Also it’s in Atlanta

Advertisement
Florida State redshirt sophomore defensive lineman Jamarcus Chatman has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal, per 247Sports.com. Chatman had opted out for the Seminoles 2020 season before the start of the season. He was the first member of the team to decide to opt out for this season.

The 6-foot-2, 273-pound defensive lineman saw limited action in his first two seasons as a Seminole. In 2019, he appeared in four games, recording no stats. He played in the season opener against Boise State, as well as the NC State and Alabama State game. He also played against Arizona State in the Sun Bowl. In 2018, he worked with FSU's scout team while redshirting.

Chatman was part of Willie Taggart's first class at FSU, which is quickly dissolving. The Rome, Ga. product becomes the 10th member of a 21-man class who will no longer be suiting up for the Seminoles going forward.

Advertisement
1600393277985.png

Florida State redshirt sophomore defensive lineman Jamarcus Chatman has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal, per 247Sports.com. Chatman had opted out for the Seminoles 2020 season before the start of the season. He was the first member of the team to decide to opt out for this season.

The 6-foot-2, 273-pound defensive lineman saw limited action in his first two seasons as a Seminole. In 2019, he appeared in four games, recording no stats. He played in the season opener against Boise State, as well as the NC State and Alabama State game. He also played against Arizona State in the Sun Bowl. In 2018, he worked with FSU's scout team while redshirting.

Chatman was part of Willie Taggart's first class at FSU, which is quickly dissolving. The Rome, Ga. product becomes the 10th member of a 21-man class who will no longer be suiting up for the Seminoles going forward.

50% of the class gone in two years?!?

Advertisement
FSU is where Miami was at during the end of the Coker era. Not only are overall talent levels down significantly, there’s an “inmates running the asylum” scenario where players have just been able to get away with doing whatever they want for so long, there’s no longer a sense of accountability. It’s going to take a while to purge the program of problems while re-instilling some kind of discipline. It’s virtually impossible to maintain a winning program while simultaneously rebuilding it. Even when the problems get purged, there’s no guarantee that you’ll ever be able to regain previous stature. We’ve been dealing with it for such a long time, today’s high school kids weren’t alive during the championship years. Especially when other, more successful programs start to raid your recruiting areas and pull the best players, the guys you always got, away to other schools. For years FSU laughed at our program because we cried poor and went with cheap options for coaching positions. Well now they’re feeling the cash crunch and they’re stuck with what they have for the foreseeable future. I’d say “good luck ever being great again” but they’re the noles so f- em.

Only difference here is Miami got what it's paid for. FSU has been swindled by Taggart and it's looking bad already in year 1 with Norvell.

Advertisement
Only difference here is Miami got what it's paid for. FSU has been swindled by Taggart and it's looking bad already in year 1 with Norvell.
I know they lost to GT but unlike a lot of you guys I don't put that on Norvelle. That roster is complete trash. Unbalanced over rated shiit. They have nothing in the qb room, the worst OL in college football, their starting running back is a transfer from a mediocre program that wasn't good enough to see the field there, same at TE. Literally the only player on their offense that would crack our 2 deep is Terry. The defense is better than the O but thin at most positions and as we have seen here in recent years it doesn't matter how good your D is if the O doesn't put up 30 a game it is difficult to be better than a 500 team.

If there is anyone who understands football in that athletic department they must know that this started out as a four year rebuild and with the way they are recruiting this year (blame covid i guess) it has stretched into a 5 yr rebuild.

They have dudes on defense that are good but I assume they all go pro right? Wilson nasirildeen samuels? Am I missing anyone? Who else is a good player on that defense? And offense only Terry is a players. Literally no one else there that I’d take. Last year Akers masked a ton of problems for them last year. This year they have average guys and it shows.

Advertisement
Back