Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I know they lost to GT but unlike a lot of you guys I don't put that on Norvelle. That roster is complete trash. Unbalanced over rated shiit. They have nothing in the qb room, the worst OL in college football, their starting running back is a transfer from a mediocre program that wasn't good enough to see the field there, same at TE. Literally the only player on their offense that would crack our 2 deep is Terry. The defense is better than the O but thin at most positions and as we have seen here in recent years it doesn't matter how good your D is if the O doesn't put up 30 a game it is difficult to be better than a 500 team.

If there is anyone who understands football in that athletic department they must know that this started out as a four year rebuild and with the way they are recruiting this year (blame covid i guess) it has stretched into a 5 yr rebuild.

Agreed but Norvell shouldn't have taken the job. He either thinks he can turn it around or disnt know how bad things were with the roster. Ultimately if he cant get things moving in the right direction he will be out of a HC job unless they promised him 4 years no matter what. I cant see the alumni waiting that long

His face on the sidelines was like WTF did i get myself into.

Advertisement
I know they lost to GT but unlike a lot of you guys I don't put that on Norvelle. That roster is complete trash. Unbalanced over rated shiit. They have nothing in the qb room, the worst OL in college football, their starting running back is a transfer from a mediocre program that wasn't good enough to see the field there, same at TE. Literally the only player on their offense that would crack our 2 deep is Terry. The defense is better than the O but thin at most positions and as we have seen here in recent years it doesn't matter how good your D is if the O doesn't put up 30 a game it is difficult to be better than a 500 team.

If there is anyone who understands football in that athletic department they must know that this started out as a four year rebuild and with the way they are recruiting this year (blame covid i guess) it has stretched into a 5 yr rebuild.
That is fair, and you can't judge Norvell until a couple of years in. Certainly not his first game. But I think the biggest issue and question with him is his fit in Florida as a recruiter, how the filled out their staff to offset that, and how they are going about recruiting. If that doesn't work then the roster will continue to stay like this.

The second biggest question is if he is capable of fixing their culture. And to be fair, that same question applies to Manny. However, with Norvell he tried to do the no jewelry or backpack or whatever nonsense, which rubbed people the wrong way and has questionable underlying motives. Then there were questions about how he handled Covid. Then there were questions about how he handled his players' roles in the protests and their ability to speak their minds.

A lot of the questions around Norvell, to me, are unrelated to his first game on the field after a shortened and bizarre off-season.

Norvell is actively refusing to recruit South Florida.

I have never seen this philosophy before in my life by a major program in state/Eastern Seaboard

Wrong. It is completely on Norvell. He did not have his team ready.

GaTech ALSO has a newer HC, and he faces an even tougher task of transitioning from the triple option. Plus, Norvell ran off the QB who just beat his team. He's pushed out a bunch of players. And GaTech was picked to be the WORST team in the ACC (while many picked F$U to beat us). On top of all that, he has a team that has MULTIPLE high-round NFL draft prospects, even if his depth is terrible.

If there was ever a game that Norvell SHOULD HAVE WON, it was against GaTech.

Stop yapping about depth. Did F$U lose because of second-stringers? This was the first game of the season, and if his first-stringers can't handle GaTech, then he might not win again this year.

There may be other games where the F$U loss can be blamed on the players and the depth and the OL and the RB, but this one is on Norvell.

Last edited:

I hear what you are saying. But when the starting QB for the team on the other sidelines is a TF Elite 11 4* who was committed to your football team before you were hired, by most accounts initially wanted to stay committed to your football team after your were hired, and who you ultimately dropped (despite having nothing in the QB room), it's at least a little bit on you.

Advertisement
Wrong. It is completely on Norvell. He did not have his team ready.

GaTech ALSO has a 1st year HC, but he faces an even tougher task of transitioning from the triple option. Plus, Norvell ran off the QB who just beat his team. He's pushed out a bunch of players. And GaTech was picked to be the WORST team in the ACC (while many picked F$U to beat us). On top of all that, he has a team that has MULTIPLE high-round NFL draft prospects, even if his depth is terrible.

If there was ever a game that Norvell SHOULD HAVE WON, it was against GaTech.

Stop yapping about depth. Did F$U lose because of second-stringers? This was the first game of the season, and if his first-stringers can't handle GaTech, then he might not win again this year.

There may be other games where the F$U loss can be blamed on the players and the depth and the OL and the RB, but this one is on Norvell.
One slight correction - Collins is in his second year at GT.

Advertisement
One slight correction - Collins is in his second year at GT.

Fair enough, I must have mixed up the first-year QB with the first-year HC.

Still, that's a game that Norvell should have won, if he's going to avoid going winless in the ACC.

Seriously, when is F$U's first ACC victory? Pitt (home) in November, or at NC State in November?

They can't afford not to let Norvell finish his contract unless Deion Sanders wants to do it for free. They really needed to have a home run hire and they failed. All they did was make Taggart look better.

Dream scenario: FSU barely becomes bowl eligible and falls to FAU in a bowl game.

Advertisement
On top of this being a potentially horrible season for them, Norvell also appears to have graduated with honors from the Mike Rumph School of Recruiting. Their roster is going to be awful the longer that hes in place. I absolutely love it.

Although everything you said is true, GT is not exactly a program that has recruited at a high level and they're still in rebuild and a year plus removed from the triple option era.

Plus, what has Norvell accomplished in his career? Maintain a Memphis program that was already at a high that Fuentes left him.

Advertisement
There’s no excuse for FSU to lose to Georgia Tech just like there was no excuse for Miami to lose to them last year. It was a complete fail by the coaches and the players. I don’t care how bad the depth is at FSU. They still have four and five star talent on their roster. Georgia tech’s defense is a bunch of guys who were recruited to run the option on offense.

Fair enough, I must have mixed up the first-year QB with the first-year HC.

Still, that's a game that Norvell should have won, if he's going to avoid going winless in the ACC.

Seriously, when is F$U's first ACC victory? Pitt (home) in November, or at NC State in November?
Totally agree... going from a triple option to anything from 1997 or after is a multi-year process. GT has been recruiting the entire offensive side of the ball for a completely different game, and Collins was able to go in there with a first year QB and win. Their special teams should have made it a 2 possession win too. It was almost as bad as us losing to them last year. If some of their defensive guys drop or he loses the team (again) during the season, they could beat UF's 4 win seasons in the bad way.

They need to hope and pray that their QB commit this year turns into a stud and they find some hidden gems at OL or they're screwed for several years. Pretty sure the QB commit is not mobile either.

1600448390824.png

Totally agree... going from a triple option to anything from 1997 or after is a multi-year process. GT has been recruiting the entire offensive side of the ball for a completely different game, and Collins was able to go in there with a first year QB and win. Their special teams should have made it a 2 possession win too. It was almost as bad as us losing to them last year. If some of their defensive guys drop or he loses the team (again) during the season, they could beat UF's 4 win seasons in the bad way.

They need to hope and pray that their QB commit this year turns into a stud and they find some hidden gems at OL or they're screwed for several years. Pretty sure the QB commit is not mobile either.

Yeah, both teams will have serious OL problems for a couple of years, GaTech for switching off the triple option, F$U because of bad recruiting.

And for F$U, I don't see things getting better. Norvell is going to have to go full-Bill-Snyder and get a ton of JuCo kids to make up for losing half of Willie's first recruiting class. And relying on JuCo is tough in this new IC world, it was easier decades ago when Snyder was young and in his 70s.

Advertisement
Back