Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Advertisement
First, I at no point broke any laws and neither did any of my co workers. Also, of course I am not "boots on the ground" and know exactly what is going on throughout the entire company. In fact, no one can say they know everything that is happening in the company. Certainly not a ******* lawyer. I also am not talking about 30 years ago, I am talking about today. Was it worse 30 years ago? Maybe, I can't say for sure, since I wasn't in a position to know 30 years ago.

I also never claimed to be the sole expert on the issue. I am sure there are quite a few other posters on here, that have similar experience that I have. However, YOU, the lawyer, don't know schit about any of this. Which is why you get paid a meager stipend to do what you are best at.

Now, back to the topic at hand. Did Jameis and FSU get in trouble for what they did? I am not up to date on the issue, but it looks to me like they made the right decision.

You are the one living in fantasy land, thinking the vast majority of billionaires are morally right citizens, who do everything they can to not bend laws and make morally just decisions. Just because you aren't hearing about it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I am not talking about hiring fixers to break into police stations, or whatever wild fantasies you are having. I am talking about the general tactics used to defend their earners, that most people would consider "immoral".

You need serious help with your reading comprehension. You just keep inventing stuff that I didn't say, like the Bloomberg reference earlier. I don't even know what you are talking about. Nor was this a discussion of "immoral", I never claimed "the vast majority of billionaires are morally right citizens". Where did I ever say that? Feel free to cut-and-paste if you need to refresh your memory.

This is what happens. People make a few comments about Jameis Winston, and then you leap into action to white-knight for him by talking about what billionaires do. Nobody cares, and that doesn't justify anything that Jameis Winston did.

Clearly, you have me confused with the dozens of other people with whom you have invented disputes.

"The general tactics used to defend their earners". My lord, I've rarely heard someone use such ridiculous phrases in an effort to pretend to sound intelligent. You must have watched episodes of Billions and The Sopranos back-to-back.

9406778.jpg

You need serious help with your reading comprehension. You just keep inventing stuff that I didn't say, like the Bloomberg reference earlier. I don't even know what you are talking about. Nor was this a discussion of "immoral", I never claimed "the vast majority of billionaires are morally right citizens". Where did I ever say that? Feel free to cut-and-paste if you need to refresh your memory.

This is what happens. People make a few comments about Jameis Winston, and then you leap into action to white-knight for him by talking about what billionaires do. Nobody cares, and that doesn't justify anything that Jameis Winston did.

Clearly, you have me confused with the dozens of other people with whom you have invented disputes.

"The general tactics used to defend their earners". My lord, I've rarely heard someone use such ridiculous phrases in an effort to pretend to sound intelligent. You must have watched episodes of Billions and The Sopranos back-to-back.

Feel free to PM me if you want to continue this convo. I don't want to derail this thread any further.

What the **** were you trying to say about the O'Reilly comment, in which he was referencing Bloomberg then?

This was certainly a discussion of immoral. That is what we were talking about the entire time. How teams and companies will do whatever it takes, even if it is immoral, to make more money.

I didn't leap in to defend Jameis. I leapt in to argue your moronic points. If what they are doing is benefiting them, it doesn't matter what some low 7 figure making lawyer thinks of them. That is my point. What they did was the smart move. Just like the thousands of immoral things the wealthy do year after year.

I don't watch much TV, so you are mistaken. However, I do follow what goes on in my industry and see these things happens year after year. Go look at the lengths Jeffries Financial Services did to protect one of their managing directors. I hear stories like this on a monthly basis, but only the ones that get "caught" make the news.

You are just incredibly naive and don't understand what happens in the real world, since you live in your own "tax lawyer bubble".

Advertisement
Gator Tears will return to its glory. F$U Tears are quite tasty though too.
Only a matter of time before the Gators fail miserably and the Gator Tears thread returns to the pole position. I for one look forward to the day when both threads are humming due to Hurricane dominance and Nole and Gators respective destruction.

I hadn't watch that in full. I'm ******* deceased. That's the most pathetic thing I've ever viewed. Close this thread. Nay shut down CIS. It's over.
Him going fully unhinged and repeatedly screaming "Oh Well!!!!!!" after eking out a W against a far lesser opponent was peak DJAX

Advertisement
Advertisement
Feel free to PM me if you want to continue this convo. I don't want to derail this thread any further.

What the **** were you trying to say about the O'Reilly comment, in which he was referencing Bloomberg then?

This was certainly a discussion of immoral. That is what we were talking about the entire time. How teams and companies will do whatever it takes, even if it is immoral, to make more money.

I didn't leap in to defend Jameis. I leapt in to argue your moronic points. If what they are doing is benefiting them, it doesn't matter what some low 7 figure making lawyer thinks of them. That is my point. What they did was the smart move. Just like the thousands of immoral things the wealthy do year after year.

I don't watch much TV, so you are mistaken. However, I do follow what goes on in my industry and see these things happens year after year. Go look at the lengths Jeffries Financial Services did to protect one of their managing directors. I hear stories like this on a monthly basis, but only the ones that get "caught" make the news.

You are just incredibly naive and don't understand what happens in the real world, since you live in your own "tax lawyer bubble".

Hey, genius, since everything needs to be spoon-fed to you...

The O'Reilly tweet was hilarious because HE was the one commenting on non-disclosures. It's not the underlying "immorality" (your favorite topic) it's the hypocrisy and the irony of O'Reilly pontificating on NDAs. IT'S FUNNY.

Look, you didn't get the joke and you launched off on a tangent. It happens, I wouldn't hold that against you if it was your only *****-up.

But you double down with your sneering arrogance, calling people peons, just because you didn't understand the joke.

The difference between you and I is that I don't generalize and disrespect and insult people just because of who they are or what they do. You do, but I don't. I have respect for people on the Board of Directors of my company, even if I know on a factual basis that they are not involved in the day-to-day operations of the business. We all play our roles, and we can all respect each other. Well, you don't, but others can.

I don't like to make a lot of assumptions, but it seems like from your self-description (doesn't own companies, sits on boards, constant reference to Wall Street and "earners" and financial services companies) that you are on the investment/finance side. Good for you. I understand the way that people like you think. I'm not blaming you directly, but it is exactly the same mentality that enabled and empowered Jeffrey Epstein for so long.

So I understand your direct-relationship, shortest-distance-between-two-points-is-a-line logic of rationalizing how it is in the "best interests" of any and all companies to "protect their earners" and do anything (and here is where I take issue with your inability to distinguish between immoral and illegal) because you think that the only consideration is the revenue that a particular person generates.

But if you paid attention to the news, you would see that all of us "peons", all of the customers, all of the people from whom the "earners" derive their earnings, are increasingly paying attention to the morality or legality of the "earners". Nobody denies that you can hide some of these bad acts in the short-term, but eventually the dirt seems to come to the surface. A lot of people stopped buying Papa John's pizza because the CEO used the n-word. That's just one example, I don't want you to think I am using that as some blanket conclusion. Just one example.

We all choose to live our lives, some of us have a stronger code that we follow, others may be more flexible on morality.

I don't think I'm any better than anyone else (though it is fun to joke about it when debating someone online). I don't expect everyone to do what I do, but I'm not just a "talker", I also follow through. I have been a Bucs fan since 1976. I was a season ticket holder. I had plenty of Bucs gear, even the old creamsicle throwback jerseys. And when the Bucs were considering drafting Jameis Winston, I contacted a couple of people in the Bucs management, and told them that drafting Winston would be a deal-breaker for me as a Bucs fan, as the team had already gone too far in coddling Jerramy Stevens. Since that time, I cancelled my tickets and trashed all of my Bucs stuff. I haven't given the organization a cent, and they made plenty of money off of me from 1976 until 2014.

Not everybody behaves the same way, but if you want to believe that the bad acts by "earners" and the cover-ups that protect them do not have any impact on the bottom line, that's up to you. You are entitled to your opinion. But it doesn't make your opinion the final word.

I made a joke about the sheer arrogance of Bill O'Reilly commenting on NDAs. You didn't get the joke. So be it.

Good day, sir.

Back to the Nole tears.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back