Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

That's a great nickname, but what you said really isn't true. Just at West Va, he didn't really have any QBs who could run. Geno Smith his first few years, Clint Trickett, Will Grier the last 2 years. They're all pocket passers. But in the middle, he had a kid named Skyler Howard, who wasn't very talented but was productive there, and he ran a good bit.

As far as his nickname, that is what us Marshall fans will forever call him. When a school asks you to put a bar in your own house so you can stay home and drink, you know its bad.

Advertisement
Briles walked into systems at FAU and Houston.

His last game at Houston he put up an amazing 14 points in a 70 to 14 loss to NAVY.

LOL @ Briles being "the guy".

What was system did he walk into at FAU?

Go look at what FAU’s offensive ranking in the S&P+ was the year before Briles got there, the year with Briles, and then the year after Briles.

Briles walked into systems at FAU and Houston.

His last game at Houston he put up an amazing 14 points in a 70 to 14 loss to NAVY.

LOL @ Briles being "the guy".

You probably use a conference’s bowl record to determine which conference is better too, huh?

Advertisement
But when you put it on a chalkboard, his offense checks every box you’d want.

It doesn't develop QBs or really any skill position players.

What you call simple, others will call dumbed-down.

Elite players go to places like FSU to play on Sundays. Briles won't get them prepared for it.

It doesn't develop QBs or really any skill position players.

What you call simple, others will call dumbed-down.

Elite players go to places like FSU to play on Sundays. Briles won't get them prepared for it.

Nobody believes this anymore. Not in an era where Kliff is now a head coach in the NFL.

Nobody believes this anymore. Not in an era where Kliff is now a head coach in the NFL.

I don't care whether you believe it or not.

Simplistic, dumbed-down offenses don't prepare guys for the next level. It's a fact. These guys don't know how to take drops, go through progressions, read defenses, etc.

Advertisement
I don't care whether you believe it or not.

Simplistic, dumbed-down offenses don't prepare guys for the next level. It's a fact. These guys don't know how to take drops, go through progressions, read defenses, etc.

this.

it's a big difference reading the 6 technique in an RPO (Briles offense), versus

reading post snap invert from cover 5 with robber to the Y combo side, (the NFL offense).

and don't get me started on the physical aspects, of the subtleties, between drops in 70 vs 80 vs 90 series passing concepts, leading throws vs. pinning throws, weak fakes vs long fakes, etc. etc. because i'd be here all day.

Thanks. I was just wondering if this was a reinvention the wheel then everyone would be doing it.
I think an effective offense is one that can expose a weakness and expose it in the most effective way possible; be it rpo, tempo, power, spread or whatever it takes.

Rule 1: there's NOTHING new in football.
Rule 2: see Rule 1.

You show me ANY defensive or offensive concept, and I can show you it's root origins from football 50 years ago or more.

Advertisement
You probably use a conference’s bowl record to determine which conference is better too, huh?

No I base it off of what has actually taken place.

I KNOW his play calling responsibilities were taken away at FAU. The guy isn't an offensive savant.

this.

it's a big difference reading the 6 technique in an RPO (Briles offense), versus

reading post snap invert from cover 5 with robber to the Y combo side, (the NFL offense).

and don't get me started on the physical aspects, of the subtleties, between drops in 70 vs 80 vs 90 series passing concepts, leading throws vs. pinning throws, weak fakes vs long fakes, etc. etc. because i'd be here all day.

There has to be a balance between prep for the next level and doing what it takes to win now. Becuase manny and co. Can be the best teachers on the planet if it doesn’t equal wins no one is going to care how many guys they send to the NFL.

Lol @ people @ loling at Briles. He’s going to make you’ll look real stupid pretty soon.
giphy (83).gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back