Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jesus Christ

inappropriate clint eastwood GIF by Cheezburger

Marvin Wilson donated millions of dollars to FSU by choosing to come back for his senior year.

Wilson is having the worst year of his career while trying to secure his status as a first-round pick. Wilson has produced just seven tackles and 0.5 tackles for loss six games into the season. He’s on pace for career lows in both categories. His 67.8 PFF College grade is also a career low, dropping steeply from a 90.7 last season when he ranked as the third-highest graded DT in the country. Wilson’s play has devolved in nearly every area. What’s most surprising is his lack of effectiveness as a pass rusher. Wilson created 26 pressures in nine games last season. He’s only had 10 through six games thus far.

Trying to explain Wilson’s decline is difficult. But you have to wonder about conditioning following a challenging offseason. Wilson played 56.5 snaps per game last season. That number is down to 38.1 this year.

Advertisement
Marvin Wilson donated millions of dollars to FSU by choosing to come back for his senior year.

Wilson is having the worst year of his career while trying to secure his status as a first-round pick. Wilson has produced just seven tackles and 0.5 tackles for loss six games into the season. He’s on pace for career lows in both categories. His 67.8 PFF College grade is also a career low, dropping steeply from a 90.7 last season when he ranked as the third-highest graded DT in the country. Wilson’s play has devolved in nearly every area. What’s most surprising is his lack of effectiveness as a pass rusher. Wilson created 26 pressures in nine games last season. He’s only had 10 through six games thus far.

Trying to explain Wilson’s decline is difficult. But you have to wonder about conditioning following a challenging offseason. Wilson played 56.5 snaps per game last season. That number is down to 38.1 this year.

Huge mistake on his part. I was never impressed with him, don’t think he made a single impact play vs Miami.

Advertisement
Huge mistake on his part. I was never impressed with him, don’t think he made a single impact play vs Miami.
Extremely overrated from jump. Its crazy to even consider but if I were his "advisor" I would tell him to take advantage of this "free year" and come back next year.

Advertisement
Never underestimate the overconfidence and hubris that a lot of these coaches walk around with. I bet Mike Notwell truly believed he would right the ship and dominate. I am sure he expected he'd instill discipline, change the culture, and get the most from the athletes at FSpoo, but that it could ultimately take a couple of seasons. I sincerely doubt he foresaw this dumpster fire (which he personally fanned the flames on). In any case, I am going to love every second of this.
Basically what Randy Shannon thought in 2007.

I wonder if anyone at FSU messaged alumni during summer camp and excitedly said, "We back!"

Advertisement
Back