Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

These boys really about to start quitting

C71B5677-6714-4EA7-847C-38957E9866C8.jpeg

Advertisement
Norvell will be there for minimum two years, probably 3, not even ruling out 4. Willie’s buyout was insanely high, not to mention it’s FSU so they will most likely give Norvell a larger margin for error than what Willie got.

Their program is about to go into deep hibernation.

Norvell will get his full contract. They can't afford another buyout.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He contracted Covid, and hasn't been back since.
He was upset about the communication amongst the program regarding the rona. Voiced his displeasure and wet ghost mode.

And yes, hes prob better than anybody on our roster right now

Would love for Norvell to announce hes starting a freshmans QB moving forward, and Terry and Wilson shut it down

He's getting at least 2, most likely 3, because they can't afford to fire him now, not because of his race. There's no way they can pay Taggart and Norvell's buyouts at the same time.

Kinda how like we all said they couldn't fire Willie because they couldn't afford the buyout? I got fooled with that one too, so nothing personal. But you're not gonna fool me again. If it's time to fire the next coach, they'll come up with the money to do so. But it won't be for a few years. I live in Tallahassee. I know the landscape here. Willie was on thin ice from the minute he was hired simply because he's black. It is what it is.

Now, winning cures all. Racists are incredible hypocrites. If he'd have won, those muttering in the shadows when he was hired would have been first in line at the parades. But when you don't win in a southern city like Tallahassee, AND you're black, the voices are much louder, much earlier.

Advertisement
Kinda how like we all said they couldn't fire Willie because they couldn't afford the buyout? I got fooled with that one too, so nothing personal. But you're not gonna fool me again. If it's time to fire the next coach, they'll come up with the money to do so. But it won't be for a few years. I live in Tallahassee. I know the landscape here. Willie was on thin ice from the minute he was hired simply because he's black. It is what it is.

Now, winning cures all. Racists are incredible hypocrites. If he'd have won, those muttering in the shadows when he was hired would have been first in line at the parades. But when you don't win in a southern city like Tallahassee, AND you're black, the voices are much louder, much earlier.
Yeah, and that buyout cost them dearly. There is no feasible avenue in which they could continue paying that buyout, while paying Norvell's $20m buyout. Even Alabama would struggle with that.

Last edited:

Stop being dopey and use your reading comprehension. The poster said that F$U can’t afford two buyouts at the same time. Then you disputed that. Then you said they’d need to wait a few years. Try re-reading things before you hit the “Post reply” button.

Stop being dopey and use your reading comprehension. The poster said that F$U can’t afford two buyouts at the same time. Then you disputed that. Then you said they’d need to wait a few years. Try re-reading things before you hit the “Post reply” button.

They'd need to wait a few years because Norvell isn't getting fired after 1 game, child genius. Not because they don't have the money.

Advertisement
They'd need to wait a few years because Norvell isn't getting fired after 1 game, child genius. Not because they don't have the money.
So you really think FSU could afford to pay 2 very large buyouts at the same time they would have to pay for another new, high-priced coach? Remember, that would also include the cost of paying out for the assistant coaches, and then hiring new assistants chosen by the new coach as well. Again, that's enough money that even a 'Bama would struggle, much less FSU.

So you really think FSU could afford to pay 2 very large buyouts at the same time they would have to pay for another new, high-priced coach?

It depends how desperate they are. Short answer is yes, of course they could. But to me, it's moot, because Norvell will have a much longer leash than Willie did because he's white, plus they can blame this mess on the black guy and give him even more time.

Might be extra moot if he decides to turn the program around, but even if he doesn't, he's getting 3 years IMO. Bottom line is we can (and should) laugh at FSU right now for a lot of things, their athletic budget being one of them. But when the rubber meets the road, they'll raise the money they need to in order to attempt to stop the bleeding. As much as they want to hide their tears under the "basketball school" guise, it is most certainly and always will be a football school. If Norvell is average to below average for 3 seasons, **** yes they'll can his *** and pay him to go away. They can't afford not to, with how much money they're already bleeding due to poor on field performance.

It depends how desperate they are. Short answer is yes, of course they could. But to me, it's moot, because Norvell will have a much longer leash than Willie did because he's white, plus they can blame this mess on the black guy and give him even more time.

Might be extra moot if he decides to turn the program around, but even if he doesn't, he's getting 3 years IMO. Bottom line is we can (and should) laugh at FSU right now for a lot of things, their athletic budget being one of them. But when the rubber meets the road, they'll raise the money they need to in order to attempt to stop the bleeding. As much as they want to hide their tears under the "basketball school" guise, it is most certainly and always will be a football school. If Norvell is average to below average for 3 seasons, **** yes they'll can his *** and pay him to go away. They can't afford not to, with how much money they're already bleeding due to poor on field performance.

These albatrosses are not mutually exclusive. FSU absolutely cannot afford to buy Norvell out, period.

They had major financial problems BEFORE they hired Taggart. They couldn't "afford" to buy Willie out, and they expended every ounce of financial, emotionally, and intellectual capital they could scrounge up to get it done. It set them back in a massive way. Now, they are REALLY behind the financial 8-ball and are stuck with their coach, regardless.

If all things are equal, would Norvell get a much longer leash from the good old boys up there than Taggart because of race? Of course. This is FSU and the panhandle we're talking about. But dismissing the financial reality of the situation is silly.

Advertisement
Back