Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
I’ve always said FSU had an unfair advantage in recruiting cause with Jimbo being named HC in waiting he was able to make a lot more contact with recruits and nurture relationships with them that an incoming HC normally wouldn’t be able to.

A HC is only allowed one IN-home I believe but Jimbo not being the HC was able to make as many visits as he wanted and was able to get to know the kids parents a lot more than a coach coming into the situation from scratch.
This doesn’t sound like a big deal but when you can take over a program with recruits already lined up it makes everything a whole lot easier than a HC coming in from outside the program.
Then to have Bobby there who everyone loved to close things recruiting never dipped at all until after Bobby had left and been gone a few years.

I’m not saying a Jimbo wasn’t a good coach and recruiter but those few years he had to form relationships with kids who knew he was going to be the next coach and would be there throughout their careers had to help and was a huge advantage that most coaches don’t have.

Advertisement
Ahhh little brother... They have such an imagination.

"Miami will have more de-commits"
"Notre Dame is a better rivalry"
"We aren't broke"
"Winston isn't autistic"

They very simply could have gone to MDC for a better education :/

1596678540965.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Or, get this, they want to be hurricanes. Weird, I know.

We just going to forget when all the “sky is falling” types were shivering because James Williams drove to Athens 3 weeks ago? Little did we know he was going to tell Kirby “thanks, but no thanks” and not grabbing another bag.

I mean... ive seen Alabama , ohio state, clemson land kids during the pandemic that were not in their backyard

Advertisement
rumbler ain't wrong
Covid is definitely helping, but it isn’t like FSU is keeping their local guys at home. And just the same, it is not like Gainesville is prohibitively far from Miami or they are locking down central Florida . The truth for UF is they failed to seal the deal in the spring and our coaches outrecruited them.

FSU has two commits from players in 247’s top 50 in Florida. One is a legacy, and according to LCE the other is the son of a huge Seminole fan. They are not even trying in South Florida at this point. I hope they keep making our lives easier in Miami.

Advertisement
Back