Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
A Pell Grant is a federal grant of money to be used for college. It is needs-based.

You would never "apply" for a Pell Grant as a formal issue. You would simply fill out your Financial Aid form. If you qualified for a Pell Grant, you got one. If you didn't, you didn't.

When you filled out your FAFSA (financial aid form), they would send you two items. One was the form that you were supposed to give to UM. The other was a form you could send back, in order to make any "corrections".

Tony Russell knew the ins and outs of the form, income levels, marital status, etc. that would allow students to qualify for Pell Grants. So, for a fee of a couple hundred dollars, Tony would show students how to "correct" the original FAFSA that their parents filled out. Then, magically, the students would get Pell Grants that were $1K to $3K in size.

Tony testified that he did this for HUNDREDS of students (and student-athletes) at DOZENS of schools, including several of our rival schools in Florida. However, the feds never seemed to give a ****e about anyone outside of UM, and the NCAA **** sure didn't do anything to investigate anyone outside of UM.

All but 2 football players settled with the feds immediately, repaying the money and doing the community service, etc. Lamar Thomas and Jason Marucci delayed and were either indicted, or about to be indicted, and then they managed to work out settlements too.

The NCAA punished Miami because of (a) Tony Russell's actions, even though rogue, as an Athletic Department employee, and (b) the "lack of institutional control" associated with UM not checking the athletes' FAFSAs more closely (i.e., maybe a baseball player could "need" a Pell Grant, but not a football or basketball player, as they got full-ride scholarships).
This is accurate.

Also why so many Miami fans (including myself) are paranoid about the NCAA. They destroyed us over this molehill of a scandal, but as for Pedo State and UNCAA...

KView attachment 124423
View attachment 124424

Da fuq?

This guy does realize his program is anal juice right now....right? That his roster is rapidly declining in impact players, has major holes at qb, rb, O-line and wr, and are about to supplement that with a boring/average recruiting class this year? I doubt a major program like ND is all that excited about playing FSU right now. That's because of apathy, not fear.

He also ignores these facts: (a) UM recently played ND; (b) UM will play ND again soon; and (c) ND absolutely knows there is no chance in **** that they will play F$U twice in 2020.

Advertisement
my interpretation is that ND agreed to participate in the ACC schedule and share their money as long as they didn't play Miami. 41 people agreed because they want the money and don't care about the game. The 8 that dissented are Miami admin people and others.

oof 😅

Not exactly tears but you LOVE to see it lol

Attachments

• F65D4A50-DDBE-485C-AFFB-071F5B8C3302.png
    F65D4A50-DDBE-485C-AFFB-071F5B8C3302.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 385
Advertisement
Not exactly tears but you LOVE to see it lol
The guy makes a good point, if we’re able to land a program changing QB recruit after King and we continue to recruit the way we have been.. there’s no reason we can’t start to become a top 5-7 team in the near future.

my interpretation is that ND agreed to participate in the ACC schedule and share their money as long as they didn't play Miami. 41 people agreed because they want the money and don't care about the game. The 8 that dissented are Miami admin people and others.
If you truly believe those voting numbers, you may want to look into the final score of our last game against the domers.

Advertisement
In the last 3 seasons, FSU has beaten ONE coastal team, and lost all the rest. They play 6 coastal teams on top of ND and Clemson. I think they get HAMMERED this year. I would love to see these guys absolutely destroyed for recruiting purposes.

In the last 3 seasons, FSU has beaten ONE coastal team, and lost all the rest. They play 6 coastal teams on top of ND and Clemson. I think they get HAMMERED this year. I would love to see these guys absolutely destroyed for recruiting purposes.
I had no idea about that Coastal stat. That’s Ray J Cray Cray.

If we keep F$U out of South Florida for any period of time, it's a big win.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back