Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Jashaun Corbin was a GIGANTIC pickup for them. I'm not saying he's Dalvin Cook, by any means, but he's a somewhat competent body, of which they have very, very few in the backfield.

He and Khalan Laborn will most likely split carries this year. Laborn is a talented kid, but he tore his knee up really bad his freshman year and he really didn't look the same last season. He is going to have to be their workhorse this year, which is not a great sign, with Corbin as the 1A back most likely. Corbin had 483 yards on 96 carries (5.0 YPC) in his first 2 years at Texas A&M and was granted a waiver for immediate eligibility.

Aside from Laborn and Corbin, the backfield depth is absolutely horrific. It's got to be the worst backfield I've seen at FSU in 25 years.

Deonte Sheffield -- Started their bowl game and played OK, but he's a redshirt junior with virtually no experience.
Treshaun Ward -- Redshirted last year, low 3 star back coming out of HS
Jakhi Douglas -- True freshman who is way too small to be a factor right now. Probably best suited at WR but they have to play him at RB due to the depth concerns.

They have a JuCo kid named Webb too and Toafili is a true freshman they signed, but IMO he's way overrated.

That's it. Norvell has his hands full, and then some. I'm still absolutely floored we were able to get Knighton...he genuinely might have gotten 150+ carries for FSU this year, that's how bad they are right now.

He might get 100+ carries as RB2 for us, and that’ll jump if Cam gets dinged up or worse.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That is how you pass the buck and buy some time folks. He is hoping this all cools down and nothing will come of it.

Maybe. But it is a dangerous game. When some reporter or activist files a public record request in a few weeks for the report and related communications, and the response eventually comes back "none," he's exposed.

Jashaun Corbin was a GIGANTIC pickup for them. I'm not saying he's Dalvin Cook, by any means, but he's a somewhat competent body, of which they have very, very few in the backfield.

He and Khalan Laborn will most likely split carries this year. Laborn is a talented kid, but he tore his knee up really bad his freshman year and he really didn't look the same last season. He is going to have to be their workhorse this year, which is not a great sign, with Corbin as the 1A back most likely. Corbin had 483 yards on 96 carries (5.0 YPC) in his first 2 years at Texas A&M and was granted a waiver for immediate eligibility.

Aside from Laborn and Corbin, the backfield depth is absolutely horrific. It's got to be the worst backfield I've seen at FSU in 25 years.

Deonte Sheffield -- Started their bowl game and played OK, but he's a redshirt junior with virtually no experience.
Treshaun Ward -- Redshirted last year, low 3 star back coming out of HS
Jakhi Douglas -- True freshman who is way too small to be a factor right now. Probably best suited at WR but they have to play him at RB due to the depth concerns.

They have a JuCo kid named Webb too and Toafili is a true freshman they signed, but IMO he's way overrated.

That's it. Norvell has his hands full, and then some. I'm still absolutely floored we were able to get Knighton...he genuinely might have gotten 150+ carries for FSU this year, that's how bad they are right now.

Both their backs are injury prone. If just one of there backs get hurt and they lose any lineman. There back to where they was at last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What an horrible take this time of the year. Dude has no d1 offer except FSU

20200625_083016.jpg

Advertisement

Holy ****

I wish they'd just stop insulting Native American Indians with their chants and tomahawk chop. This is somehow paying homage to the Seminole tribe?

I grew up 20 minutes from the Meskwaki tribe of Tama, Iowa. My youth basketball coach was 1/2 indian and we always played in a tournament on Meskwaki reservation. They were really good and played us in the championship game just about every year. It's kind of hard to openly insult people once you get to know them.

I always cringe when I hear the FSU crowd start with their chanting and tomahawk chop. Do people realize the inhumane things done to to remove Native American Indians? The governent killed nearly all the Buffalo to starve them when they wouldn't give up their lands.

7e44de9254207709b97d3f7eace165e8.jpg

To put it in perspective, what if a school made their mascot after the Zulu tribe of South Africa. Their mascot would be Shaka Zulu the legendary chief of the Zulu Nation. The mascot would be in full tribal war gear, face painted black, and the band played the African drums while the crowd made Zulu war chants and a spear chucking motion. Would that be racist? Offensive to black people? It's pretty much the same thing done to Native Americans. There's just too few of them to have a voice to push back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back