Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I don't get it either. I mean I get it if he's transferring out to be closer to home because a sick family member and whatnot but I doubt that's the case. This reminds me of Xzavier Henderson...he's leaving a known commodity and probably going to a school completely unfamiliar to him with a QB who's even worse than UF's and with that decision, he's willing to not play for the hometown team with a top conference passer. Don't get it.
It makes less sense because their fans were putting him on a pedestal as one of the culture guys.

Advertisement
If the culture is so great, why do they have as many guys transferring out as us?

1683148181777.png

If the culture is so great, why do they have as many guys transferring out as us?

View attachment 237274

I'd say that when 23 guys leave a program with a coach that has been there for 3 years and just won 10 games...it's very different from what happens at a program with a first-year coach who just won 5 games...

F$U should be worried.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was thinking the same thing. Golden’s first two classes saw heavy attrition in a pre portal era. I want to say a third of each class was gone within two years.
He signed a bunch of kids that had no chance of qualifying academically just to boost his class rankings.

He signed a bunch of kids that had no chance of qualifying academically just to boost his class rankings.

On the academic side, it was just a couple per year, but there were other red-flag situations that got waved through too (behavioral). It all added up to a bunch of risk-taking that rarely paid off.

There's some academic things that are fixable (kid needs to take a remedial math course) and there are some things that were unfixable (kid fails to qualify on GPA and/or SAT).

Back in the 1980s, I tutored a well-known starter-level football player who had to take a remedial high school Algebra II course before he could enroll for Business Calculus. He did well, graduated from UM, has a successful life now. I'm glad we took the risk and I'm glad it paid off.

Advertisement
On the academic side, it was just a couple per year, but there were other red-flag situations that got waved through too (behavioral). It all added up to a bunch of risk-taking that rarely paid off.

There's some academic things that are fixable (kid needs to take a remedial math course) and there are some things that were unfixable (kid fails to qualify on GPA and/or SAT).

Back in the 1980s, I tutored a well-known starter-level football player who had to take a remedial high school Algebra II course before he could enroll for Business Calculus. He did well, graduated from UM, has a successful life now. I'm glad we took the risk and I'm glad it paid off.
You're right it wasn't just academic risks but bad seeds also who either never enrolled or were kicked off the team before even playing games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back