Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

They were setup for, at worse, a 32 yd game winning field goal with 40 seconds left on the clock, and with 1 NCST TO. How do you throw on any down??? Is their kicker that bad? Norvell is a corch like no other.
Is their kicker that bad? How does that make any sense to pass up the FG.
YES. He is. Lmaooooooo, He didnt even trust him to kick extra points against Wake last week (they went for 2), missed 6 of his last 8 kicks before yesterday.

Advertisement
NC State's back up QB had more receptions than completions last night.

NCSU.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
They were setup for, at worse, a 32 yd game winning field goal with 40 seconds left on the clock, and with 1 NCST TO. How do you throw on any down??? Is their kicker that bad? Norvell is a corch like no other.
Their kicker is awful. I actually think going for a TD was the right move. In the NFL, you play for the FG, but with a garbage college kicker, you have to try to get in the endzone.

Their kicker is awful. I actually think going for a TD was the right move. In the NFL, you play for the FG, but with a garbage college kicker, you have to try to get in the endzone.

It was the right move. They have one of the worst kickers in the country. They just executed poorly and also called a very risky play. They still had 3 timeouts, and the ball was on the NC State 22, 2nd and 8. If you want to throw, throw something short and safe. At worst, you should set up a short FG, but I don't blame him for trying to either score a TD or try to get to a FG range where the kid almost can't miss. He is completely terrible outside of 30 yards, I think he was 1/5 on the season.

Advertisement
It was the right move. They have one of the worst kickers in the country. They just executed poorly and also called a very risky play. They still had 3 timeouts, and the ball was on the NC State 22, 2nd and 8. If you want to throw, throw something short and safe. At worst, you should set up a short FG, but I don't blame him for trying to either score a TD or try to get to a FG range where the kid almost can't miss. He is completely terrible outside of 30 yards, I think he was 1/5 on the season.
This is great news, he can save his job by saying if I only had a kicker we would have won 3 more games and get an extension.

Yep. The playing for the TD was the smart play because of the situation with their FG kicker. And as you said they should have thrown something different there, or a RPO type of call. With it being 2nd down and the timeouts you had in your pocket I figured they would run a RPO or something that gives Travis the read to hand it off or pull it and throw the slant. If you're going to throw the fade, throw it to the 6' 7" guy.

The 1 he made was 47 earlier in the game. Pittman is a player but throw the ball to him in space or throw it to your 6'7 guy. Norvell knows he blew it. That's what he gets for wearing golf shoes on the sideline.

Advertisement
The 1 he made was 47 earlier in the game. Pittman is a player but throw the ball to him in space or throw it to your 6'7 guy. Norvell knows he blew it. That's what he gets for wearing golf shoes on the sideline.

True, but did you see how they mobbed him after the kick like he was a Make-a-Wish recipient?? I'm not saying he's not capable, but if you're Norvell, and you play for the FG and he misses, you're (rightfully) skewered. You're leaving the game up to a kid who has zero confidence and has made 1 kick beyond 30 yards all year? In the Wake game, he didn't even let him kick extra points after he missed a FG.

But what they actually did was equally inept. They threw the slot fade to Pittman earlier in the game, and it worked. But they went back to it again, and the DB knew it was coming. And Travis throws up the arm punt, game over.

Either way, this season is playing out exactly as I said it would, and exactly as I said multiple times in this thread is a perfect scenario for us. Our own problems aside (this is nole tears, after all), a 6-6 or 7-5 type season is best case scenario for us. Because they'll keep Norvell, but they won't have any momentum on the trail. It's playing out perfectly. Clemson is going to wipe them on Saturday, then they get a week off to lick their wounds, then a home game vs GT which they'll most likely win. So keep some morale up, "Mike got us" (LMAO), we're still getting better....then they come to Hard Rock and we obviously have to punish them. It's all going perfectly to plan. But of course we need to beat them.

Agrees. Right decision, bad play call, poor throw, horrendous route.

Advertisement
Back