Nobody Wants To Be Charlie Strong's OC

I don't blame the coaches that have turned him down. That offense is a wreck, I'm still not sure they have a QB on their roster.

Advertisement
Reminds me of Muschamp's last year. Everyone knew he was on the hot seat and people aren't gonna move their families knowing they could be looking for new work in less than a year. The only way we got Roper was to guarantee him something like three years of pay. And I bet if he had it over again he'd have declined even with the contract guarantees. I'd imagine what Strong is trying to sell is the same. It would be one thing if they had any talent at QB but not those guys suck. Why would any OC tie their future to that?

F**k that *****, I hope that white bich leaves his *** for the next up and coming rapper after he gets fired.

***** should've never dissed us.

He made his own bed when he publicly lynched his last OC 2 games into the season. Everyone knows he'll publicly hang you out to dry if **** goes south. So he wound up with Art Briles' video coordinator a year removed.

The parallels to Shannon are striking, especially with regard to strife within his staff.

Advertisement
Does John Lovett coach offense?

The coaching industry is cut-throat and as mentioned above, no potential candidate is going to
uproot his family only to be unemployed in 12 months.
Strong is like that wounded zebra in one of those Animal Planet shows where he is abandoned by
the rest of the herd because they know what's coming and don't want to be part of it.

Ouch!

The word is out ... Strong is on his last season, and guys aren't hitching their wagons to him.

Exact same scenario for us with Golden last year. We got Melvin, partially, because they had coached together before. But the primary reason, IMO, is because he didn't have to relocate to leave FIU. If Melvin hadn't come, I'm guessing we would have promoted Kareem Brown ...

Does John Lovett coach offense?

The coaching industry is cut-throat and as mentioned above, no potential candidate is going to
uproot his family only to be unemployed in 12 months.
Strong is like that wounded zebra in one of those Animal Planet shows where he is abandoned by
the rest of the herd because they know what's coming and don't want to be part of it.

Was just reading Gilbert's bio and it doesn't even appear like he has a wife and/or kids. That's an even bigger joke if you can't get a single dude to come to Austin from freakin' Tulsa even if just for a year. It must be completely toxic. I'm just sooooo glad Strong's name wasn't realistically in the mix at the time with us so the option to slow play Richt couldn't be stupidly considered.

Advertisement
Under these circumstances, might have been best for Strong to publicly announce he was interested in the UM job. LOL! This brotha is done..Now these UT fans know how we felt all those years when nobody wanted anything to do with Shannon and Golden.

Under these circumstances, might have been best for Strong to publicly announce he was interested in the UM job. LOL! This brotha is done..Now these UT fans know how we felt all those years when nobody wanted anything to do with Shannon and Golden.

The burn for them is they know they can afford (are willing to pay) anyone they want too but nobody is interested. Golden and Shannon could always hide behind the assumed budgetary constraints here.

One more bowl less season or 6-6 and i think its adios Charlie....

kinda like coaches probably wouldn't have come here last season if Golden made changes...

Herman just staying in Houston waiting for Strong or Sumlin to get canned.

Yep...I totally agree with this guy.

he just got another big time commit today he might be Houston's Schnellenberger

I tried to tell people Herman wasn't an "automatic jump" from Houston, and that he might really believe he can turn them into the "new Miami", or (at least) the Beast of the Group of 5".

And he can wait for Texas or aTm ... Or, just build Houston past the other programs.

I mean, how long ago was it that Baylor was garbage program? Now, Brile has them in the conversation every year ...

I don't know if you are aware, but baylor is in a power 5 conference, where as houston is not. the ceiling of these two programs is not even comparable unless there is some conference re alignment.

I tried to tell people Herman wasn't an "automatic jump" from Houston, and that he might really believe he can turn them into the "new Miami", or (at least) the Beast of the Group of 5".

And he can wait for Texas or aTm ... Or, just build Houston past the other programs.

I mean, how long ago was it that Baylor was garbage program? Now, Brile has them in the conversation every year ...

I don't know if you are aware, but baylor is in a power 5 conference, where as houston is not. the ceiling of these two programs is not even comparable unless there is some conference re alignment.

Who's to say Herman got offered a great P5 job and turned it down?

Advertisement

Who's to say Herman got offered a great P5 job and turned it down?
I don't think anyone is to say anything, ever.

Texas's HC next year will be Chip Kelly or Tom Herman. My guess is Chip wasn't ready to waive the NFL white flag, and considering how miserable the NFC east is he really still could win the freaking division.

He can take his time. Houston ponied up the cash & his biggest in conference competition just lost their coach. Watch him take Houston to a New Year's bowl.

Advertisement
[tweet]675419458878488580[/tweet]

[tweet]675447640671170560[/tweet]

Holy **** Texas is a mess. Having to fly out the school president to get the Tulsa OC lmao

Texas looking like J. Howard Marshall handing out stacks trying to get fat Anna Nicole Smith to pull on his taffy.

Texas looking like J. Howard Marshall handing out stacks trying to get fat Anna Nicole Smith to pull on his taffy.

Yeah, it's prettty bad when the Head Ball Coach has to enlist his school prez to pry an assistant coach from a lower level program like
Tulsa.
It's like being a 30 year old and asking Dad to help set you up on a date with some chick...maybe even have to borrow his car. LOL.

Advertisement
Back