NO UM FOR BECKHAM'S NEW STADIUM

pb5cane

Junior
David Beckhman and his investors plan to start negotiations with Miami to build a soccer stadium on city land next to Marlins Park, describing the location as providing the chance to combine soccer with baseball into a thriving entertainment district.
The University of Miami is not part of the deal, Beckham partner Marcelo Claure said Friday. That would leave Beckham's team to build a soccer stadium alone, rather than partnering with UM to build a venue that could accommodate the school's football team, too.

Beckham wants to build soccer stadium next to Marlins Park | Miami Herald Miami Herald

Advertisement
That's all right let them build it and when soccer fails again down here we can move in then. Maybe we will have a real Ad and Coach by that time.

Advertisement
image.jpg

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz · 48m48 minutes ago
Beckham Group tells me they're still in dialogue with UM; they are preparing proposal for OB site. Moving forward,no done deal yet obviously

But..but..the donna carpet munchers told me she was going to get that deal done in her final month on top of 15+ years remaining on the sun life lease she already signed...you mean..she lied?....she wouldnt, Hillary Clinton taught her better!

"No need to alter roadways around the stadium site" means a stadium much too small for UM even if it becomes available if soccer fails.

Advertisement
This move makes too much sense for UM to do. They will blow this opportunity. I hope I eat my words but history is on my side with this topic. Not to mention, the incompetence of this Athletic Department.

Im shocked!!!

They are not including UM because they would need to fit +40k seats at least for it to make sense and doubt there is room. It was all BS

There is simply no way they were going to build a 40k soccer stadium, and no major CF program plays in a stadium that small. This had very little chance of ever happening. I'd much rather be in the renovated SunLife.

Advertisement
If it involves Miami spending any $$$ on the athletic dept you can rule it out now.

I would like to see Adidas get in on this somehow. Adidas/Miami/David Beckham should all work together on this. Highly doubtful though.

Now now. Donna tried. Gave it her best effort. She's no politician and once again the real blame lies with the local politicians and Beckham. A for effort, Ms. Shalala. My check is on the way to the Clinton Foundation. They do phenomenal work.

Advertisement
Hey at least admin are all on the same page with this, smh:

Donna*: Four weeks before her run as UM president ended June 1, Shalala told the Associated Press she hoped to reach a partnership deal with Beckham. She said Sun Life Stadium was “too big and cavernous for a college of our size.”

Blake*:
Breaking the lease with 17 years remaining would be a significant financial obstacle for UM. James said he will “continue to look at all options, but we’re happy at Sun Life Stadium.”

Donna*: Four weeks before her run as UM president ended June 1, Shalala told the Associated Press she hoped to reach a partnership deal with Beckham. She said Sun Life Stadium was “too big and cavernous for a college of our size.”

Blake*:
Breaking the lease with 17 years remaining would be a significant financial obstacle for UM. James said he will “continue to look at all options, but we’re happy at Sun Life Stadium.”

Thats the bottom line. Its a reality. UM would have to pay to break the ridiculous lease that was signed orginally and also pay to make the MLS stadium bigger then $25k.

not happening....

Blake*:

Thats the bottom line. Its a reality. UM would have to pay to break the ridiculous lease that was signed orginally and also pay to make the MLS stadium bigger then $25k.

not happening....

They'll pay more for missing an opportunity to begin the rebuild of the program's soul.

No chance they were ever going to pay a 17 year buyout. I'd bet any takers a lot of money on that.

Sun Life sucks, but maybe the renovations (roof in 17) will help. Saturday 12pm games in the South Florida sun are tough for a lot of people. So is watching great players waste their talent playing for morons.

Blake*:

Advertisement
Back