No practice this week for Miami

Advertisement
Y'all ***** about **** like this then hear some story about a player killing themselves and say how sad it is and prayers, etc. JFC.

This has arguably been the most stressful season for CFB in memory with uncertainty every week... during a pandemic where everyone is worried about their families too especially in the black community. Not to mention still being a student and taking finals, etc. Numbers for suicide and depression rates for college-age kids are at insane levels. Y'all act like these aren't still basically kids.

A team that has improved and went 7-2 in conference play that wants to play a bowl game unlike several other teams deserves a god**** week for a break.

Y'all ***** about **** like this then hear some story about a player killing themselves and say how sad it is and prayers, etc. JFC.

This has arguably been the most stressful season for CFB in memory with uncertainty every week... during a pandemic where everyone is worried about their families too especially in the black community. Not to mention still being a student and taking finals, etc. Numbers for suicide and depression rates for college-age kids are at insane levels. Y'all act like these aren't still basically kids.

A team that has improved and went 7-2 in conference play that wants to play a bowl game unlike several other teams deserves a god**** week for a break.
Sure thing Manny

Thatā€™s a great point if it was a pattern. I could see if we looked like **** the previous 3 weeks. The past week they were world beaters, bring in KC Chiefs, we all coming back to win a NC. UNC beats are *** and all of a sudden weā€™re stressed, worried, mentally exhausted. Sorry, that just an excuse

Sure thing Manny
We all know Diaz can't get angry and fired up enough to make that post.

I am saying this as a graduate that can't imagine dealing with this abortion of year as a college student, let alone one of the most scrutinized types of student athletes that also has family going through a bunch of ****.

Advertisement
We all know Diaz can't get angry and fired up enough to make that post.

I am saying this as a graduate that can't imagine dealing with this abortion of year as a college student, let alone one of the most scrutinized types of student athletes that also has family going through a bunch of ****.
Good point

Thatā€™s a great point if it was a pattern. I could see if we looked like **** the previous 3 weeks. The past week they were world beaters, bring in KC Chiefs, we all coming back to win a NC. UNC beats are *** and all of a sudden weā€™re stressed, worried, mentally exhausted. Sorry, that just an excuse
Because exhaustion, or any mental things for that matter, always make perfect sense and are completely rational. Look, I'm as ****ed as anyone about that trash I watched last Saturday, but it's ridiculous to criticize kids getting a week-long breather after this year.

Because exhaustion, or any mental things for that matter, always make perfect sense and are completely rational. Look, I'm as ****ed as anyone about that trash I watched last Saturday, but it's ridiculous to criticize kids getting a week-long breather after this year.
I agree about the week off. Manny should have never mentioned that, considering the team is still working out and running, it sounds worse than it is. Plus, who do you gameplan for? My complaint is about the level of play or lack of play.

I never commented on what he said about the players needing a mental break. He shouldnā€™t have said that. But the ā€œJimmy and Butch would have done?ā€ brigade is out in full force with the same BS talking points. The reality is..Manny isnā€™t getting fired after going 8-2. Get over it. We had our chance to fire him last year and we didnā€™t. Best case scenario is upgrade the talent and make adjustments on the defensive staff. Sending the players out to practice this week does nothing. Us fans are delusional after bad losses. Every fan base is, not just us.
He isnā€™t getting fired. No chance. Yea, our fan base can be delusional... but they also do have the right to expect that any staff maintains certain minimum standards. Losing to FIU, shut out by a Go5 team in a bowl, and giving up 800 yds to a 3 loss team all fall below that minimum standard.

Also remember that football isnā€™t brain surgery. Thereā€™s a lot of knowledgeable Xs and Os people here. History shows that when those people start to call out a coach for his schematics, theyre 100% right. Again.. Itā€™s not that the people here are all that smart, itā€™s that football isnā€™t all that hard. Manny will fail if his defense doesnā€™t get a complete overhaul. You can take that to the bank.

Advertisement
I agree about the week off. Manny should have never mentioned that, considering the team is still working out and running, it sounds worse than it is. Plus, who do you gameplan for? My complaint is about the level of play or lack of play.
Agree with everything you said man.

I'm fine with it. The season doesn't usually stretch into mid-December. It's normal to have about 1 week off before bowl prep. In a perfect world they would be on Greentree wrestling tigers and chopping wood for 12 hours every day until they collapse from exhaustion, but this is Earth and it's 2020.

The guys are still together, theyā€™re all out at Top Golf, looks like theyā€™re doing team building activities to bring these guys back mentally and emotionally. Yeah I know you think itā€™s soft but thatā€™s how kids are these days.

1608069220113.png

Advertisement
Iā€™ll judge this decision when I see the team that shows up to the bowl game.

Itā€™s a unique season and he should have his finger on the pulse of his team. But if we lay another egg after this break, it will look awful.

Is there reason to expect anything else but a let down?

Advertisement
Ohh Texas gonna run a train on our boy have no doubt. Herman say exactly how Mack Brown bent Manuella Diaz over the table and had his way with her.

Advertisement
Back