NO HERMAN, NO FUENTES

Advertisement
One of those "garbage" AAC teams outmatched Ole Miss earlier this season. That team was Memphis, and they were the loser. Only idiots choose to think that if one MAC coach fails, all would fail. Nick Saban had to get his start somewhere, just like every other coach. OP probably wouldn't have wanted JJ back in the day because he came from Oklahoma St.

This is moronic. Where have you been for the last 12 years? What makes you think Miami "deserves" the best? We never had anyone who others considered the best, and we never will. Unless you want to pony up $6 mil of your own money every year, we aren't getting whatever mythical coach you're envisioning. ****, I'm not even sure we'll be able to offer Herman enough for him to take us seriously. You are just like our last dozen recruiting classes...you think you deserve greatness, but don't think you have to earn it. Everybody wants to talk about swag, but nobody earns it.

Advertisement
2862362.jpg

Advertisement
One of those "garbage" AAC teams outmatched Ole Miss earlier this season. That team was Memphis, and they were the loser. Only idiots choose to think that if one MAC coach fails, all would fail. Nick Saban had to get his start somewhere, just like every other coach. OP probably wouldn't have wanted JJ back in the day because he came from Oklahoma St.

That game was Memphis' super bowl

Memphis in the SEC would get destroyed

Chit I'll take anyone of them after tonight!!!

Why, because you watched one garbage team beat up on another craphole?

Think bigger

Both of those teams would throttle unc, who just throttled Miami. Junior!

Who has Houston played?

Ive never really understood that argument. Is Houston's talent really that much superior compared to the teams they are beating? That was also the argument used to attempt to discredit Gus Malzahn when he was tilting the scoreboard as the OC at Tulsa. People said "look at the defenses he's doing it against!' Malzahn also coached at Arkansas St. I wonder who they player. So you are basically stating that its inpossible for a non power 5 coach to be good. However, such an arbitrary position cannot withstand the rigors of logic. Also just because Golden was a ****, that by no means makes it a foregone conclusion that all other non power 5 coaches will be garbage. Urban Myer started out in the MAC. Jim Harbaugh was coaching at San Diego before Stanford hired him. University of San Diego not San Diego St. I wonder who San Diego played? Chip Kelly coached at New Hampshire early in his career. Bobby Bowden coached at Samford. There have been many great coaches who started at smaller non power 5 programs and there will be many more.

Personally I believe that good/great coaches are going to stand out no matter where they are coaching. The key is being able to identify them. As far as Golden is concerned, there were plenty of red flags all over the place that most of us just disregarded because after Coker and Shannon we were desperate for success. I happen to think that Herman will be an elite coach at the highest level. When you take Herman and Golden and juxtapose their respective career arcs, there is a significant difference. That being said, there is never a sure thing but you can't just summarily dismiss coaches like Herman and Fuente just because they are not currently coaching at elite FBS programs.

Advertisement
Chit I'll take anyone of them after tonight!!!

Why, because you watched one garbage team beat up on another craphole?

Think bigger

Both of those teams would throttle unc, who just throttled Miami. Junior!

Who has Houston played?

Ive never really understood that argument. Is Houston's talent really that much superior compared to the teams they are beating? That was also the argument used to attempt to discredit Gus Malzahn when he was tilting the scoreboard as the OC at Tulsa. People said "look at the defenses he's doing it against!' Malzahn also coached at Arkansas St. I wonder who they player. So you are basically stating that its inpossible for a non power 5 coach to be good. However, such an arbitrary position cannot withstand the rigors of logic. Also just because Golden was a ****, that by no means makes it a foregone conclusion that all other non power 5 coaches will be garbage. Urban Myer started out in the MAC. Jim Harbaugh was coaching at San Diego before Stanford hired him. University of San Diego not San Diego St. I wonder who San Diego played? Chip Kelly coached at New Hampshire early in his career. Bobby Bowden coached at Samford. There have been many great coaches who started at smaller non power 5 programs and there will be many more.

Personally I believe that good/great coaches are going to stand out no matter where they are coaching. The key is being able to identify them. As far as Golden is concerned, there were plenty of red flags all over the place that most of us just disregarded because after Coker and Shannon we were desperate for success. I happen to think that Herman will be an elite coach at the highest level. When you take Herman and Golden and juxtapose their respective career arcs, there is a significant difference. That being said, there is never a sure thing but you can't just summarily dismiss coaches like Herman and Fuente just because they are not currently coaching at elite FBS programs.

Herman and Fuente are less likely to succeed at Miami because they are unproven at this level. Butch, Chip, and Richt, among others, are more likely to succeed because they have been vetted.

Also, a MAC coach will not experience the same type of challenges an NFL or a power 5 coach will. That experience could be useful.

You've given examples of coaches that came from lower tiered programs and succeeded. Anecdotal evidence means ****; I could rattle off a list of coaches that did well in crap conferences and never amounted to anything.

Also, Saban, Harbaugh, etc., all made pit stops between their origins as MAC coaches and their current destinations - notably Miami and San Francisco. Alabama and Michigan didn't hire unknowns.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Al sucked, but

Urban Meyer, Head Coach Bowling Green (MAC)
Nick Saban, Head Coach Toledo (MAC)
John Harbaugh, Running Backs Coach Western Michigan (MAC)

just sayin

Nick Satan coached the Dolphins
Harbaugh coached the 49ers

I'll take either coach, especially if UM wants to go young...

Michigan and Alabama hired coaches from the NFL.

Today, these coaches are two of the top 3 in college football.

lol ok

Al sucked, but

Urban Meyer, Head Coach Bowling Green (MAC)
Nick Saban, Head Coach Toledo (MAC)
John Harbaugh, Running Backs Coach Western Michigan (MAC)

just sayin

Nick Satan coached the Dolphins
Harbaugh coached the 49ers

I'll take either coach, especially if UM wants to go young...

Michigan and Alabama hired coaches from the NFL.

Today, these coaches are two of the top 3 in college football.

lol ok

Facts.

Advertisement
Back