No freshmen starting on D

Underrated post. Guys that are 1st rounders obviously have to go but for us to get the 3rd round and later guys to start staying would be big. Imagine if RJ and Norton stayed how much better and deeper this D would be?

Clemson got an entire D-Line of first round picks to come back, somehow

Advertisement
This should be the year. Where Diaz shines as a DC. Those young bucks are grown now. All the coaching you have given should show a on the field the field this season. You shouldn't be pinning teams back on 1st and 2nd down. To just give up a 3rd and 20 on a regular this season.

Frierson, Ivey & Blades >>>> Dean.

Dean only played in 7 games last year, had just a little over 70 snaps & finished with 11tcks total. He's not some experienced 5th year Senior that is exponentially better than the incoming Frosh. He didn't at start at Blinn college in Juco, was a rotational corner.

The other 3 CB's are better & have much higher upside than Dean, I said this yesterday but I guess I have to repeat myself, all the experience in the world can't make up for a lack of talent. Dean has some good traits with speed & length, but is a limited Corner that lacks physicality, playing him just to play him is counterproductive.

Both Bandy & Malek Young played significant snaps as True Freshman & it paid dividends for our Defense. Did yall forget the Bandy pick 6 last year? Or Malek's INT in the end zone vs NC St in the 3rd quarter? Would yall rather they had redshirted? Delaney was a 4 year starter with 11INT's at the Citadel & still struggled at Miami.

I understand not relying too heavily on Freshman, especially at QB, OL & DL. But CB is different, TF Corners play a lot at the college level & succeed.

Frierson, Ivey & Blades >>>> Dean.

Dean only played in 7 games last year, had just a little over 70 snaps & finished with 11tcks total. He's not some experienced 5th year Senior that is exponentially better than the incoming Frosh. He didn't at start at Blinn college in Juco, was a rotational corner.

The other 3 CB's are better & have much higher upside than Dean, I said this yesterday but I guess I have to repeat myself, all the experience in the world can't make up for a lack of talent. Dean has some good traits with speed & length, but is a limited Corner that lacks physicality, playing him just to play him is counterproductive.

Both Bandy & Malek Young played significant snaps as True Freshman & it paid dividends for our Defense. Did yall forget the Bandy pick 6 last year? Or Malek's INT in the end zone vs NC St in the 3rd quarter? Would yall rather they had redshirted? Delaney was a 4 year starter with 11INT's at the Citadel & still struggled at Miami.

I understand not relying too heavily on Freshman, especially at QB, OL & DL. But CB is different, TF Corners play a lot at the college level & succeed.
Tried to tell yall đź‘€

Advertisement
We could have Tyson Campbell and surtain and they would still trot out Dean. That’s just how our coaches operate.

Advertisement
Back