No freshmen starting on D

Willis will play a ton like Norton and Mac did if he stays healthy and out of trouble. Bethel and Ford will rotate, Silvera will play more as the season goes on and if Tito could provide snaps like Moten did the last two years his pick up will be successful. Miller may get time too as the season goes on.

Advertisement
The only freshman CB who might get a shirt is Bethel and that's if the coaches decide they don't need him on special teams.

The game has changed, freshman can make instant impact on the team and we have seen that the last couple of years with richt at helm.

No SANE coach would put ANY freshman on the 1st or 2nd team on the first few days of Fall practice unless he completely lacked depth.

It would be disrespectful to the current players. No one is GIVEN a position

ALL freshmen at Miami have to earn their way up ......and with good performance they can do so.

We simply play the best we have .....regardless of seniority....... But you've got to earn it

Advertisement
I do think some freshman will work their way into the defensive rotation BEFORE season's end.....especially Silvera, Rousseau and Frierson and a few others.

Last edited:
No freshmen in the top 22:

Jackson -- Patchan
Bethel -- Odenigbo
Willis -- Ford
Garvin -- Djax
McCloud -- Perry
Quarterman -- Jennings
Pinckney -- M. Smith
M. Jackson -- D. Smith
Johnson -- Finley
Redwine -- Carter
Bandy -- Dean

Nesta, Rousseau, Frierson, Ivey, Hall all get brought along slowly.

Miller, Joyner, Blades, Bethel get a redshirt.

I don't think Blades will redshirt

No SANE coach would put ANY freshman on the 1st or 2nd team on the first few days of Fall practice unless he completely lacked depth.

It would be disrespectful to the current players. No one is GIVEN a position

ALL freshmen at Miami have to earn their way up ......and with good performance they can do so.

We simply play the best we have .....regardless of seniority....... But you've got to earn it
Yea all incoming freshmen are usually put on the bottom of the totem pole and it really gives them a wake up call ... especially when some of them get ****y being ranked so high

Advertisement

No I think every player on this list is playing meaningful snaps at some point this season except maybe Joyner and Bethel.

And y’all swear Tito is a beast but I can’t see him getting more reps than Nesta or Miller.

Jackson -- Patchan
Bethel -- Odenigbo
Willis -- Ford
Garvin -- Djax
McCloud -- Perry
Quarterman -- Jennings
Pinckney -- M. Smith
M. Jackson -- D. Smith
Johnson -- Finley
Redwine -- Carter
Bandy -- Dean

Quality stuff Rok!

Fvck the haters!

Advertisement
Yup. Not only would he be getting plenty of playing time. He wouldn't have to deal with Kool anymore. Now he has to sit out another year and get corched by a scrub DL coach.
I mean i don’t want that mentality in our program I want some dogs ... if you’re scared of competition or if a coach hurt your feelings you don’t belong at the U plain and simple .. same with Michael Irvin and Robert knowles .. idc how much “experience” you have if you can’t play you can’t play .. same goes with Malik rosier but rn I guess no one has really separated themselves from him.

I mean i don’t want that mentality in our program I want some dogs ... if you’re scared of competition or if a coach hurt your feelings you don’t belong at the U plain and simple .. same with Michael Irvin and Robert knowles .. idc how much “experience” you have if you can’t play you can’t play .. same goes with Malik rosier but rn I guess no one has really separated themselves from him.

I agree 100%. I am much happier with DJ gone. Pussies like him can ruin the locker room. We need more old school style tough players like Garvin on that line. Exactly. Experience doesn't mean **** if you suck. I would rather have Brevin starting then some 5th year grad transfer just because he is older. I think we are stuck with Malik, but luckily he will be on a short leash. All 3 of the other QBs are dying to take his spot. I am a little worried though that no one is able to out perform him. Any HS qb should see what is happening and be dying to come here for early playing time since no one is able to separate themselves from Malik.

I agree 100%. I am much happier with DJ gone. Pussies like him can ruin the locker room. We need more old school style tough players like Garvin on that line. Exactly. Experience doesn't mean **** if you suck. I would rather have Brevin starting then some 5th year grad transfer just because he is older. I think we are stuck with Malik, but luckily he will be on a short leash. All 3 of the other QBs are dying to take his spot. I am a little worried though that no one is able to out perform him. Any HS qb should see what is happening and be dying to come here for early playing time since no one is able to separate themselves from Malik.
That’s why I was shocked mjjr didn’t commit but I guess that’s just a personality fit ... but yea I mean if you’re scrubbing the bench for 2-3 years doesn’t really give you a right over quality young players ... I personally think if the talent disparity is that big then it overrules experiences

Advertisement
That’s why I was shocked mjjr didn’t commit but I guess that’s just a personality fit ... but yea I mean if you’re scrubbing the bench for 2-3 years doesn’t really give you a right over quality young players ... I personally think if the talent disparity is that big then it overrules experiences

Me too. I heard an interview with MJJR and he didn't seem to fit it in at all. lol. Agree 100% on experience. Hopefully going forward we will never be in this situation with all of the talent already on the team.

I got one rule: Never trust a man that ain't got no eyebrows. That's a tranny.

The game has changed, freshman can make instant impact on the team and we have seen that the last couple of years with richt at helm.

The rules have also changed. Kids like Miller, Joyner, Blades, Bethel can play against SSU, Toledo, FIU and still shirt. We should take advantage.

/I know I know....if they're any good they'll leave after 3 years anyway

Next step is getting all these underclassmen to come back for another year. That is what sets us up for success. One really good class class that has the juniors not go pro and come back, makes a world of difference moving forward. Look at Clemson this year.

Underrated post. Guys that are 1st rounders obviously have to go but for us to get the 3rd round and later guys to start staying would be big. Imagine if RJ and Norton stayed how much better and deeper this D would be?

Advertisement
Back