No Emotions !

If he played exactly the same way but made faces, would people be less upset?

After yesterday, TVD is 11th nationally in passer rating. Our offense is 14th in scoring and 6th in yards per play.

Is he an elite QB, as his stats might suggest? No. Does he have flaws? Obviously. But the reaction to him is more emotional than anything. We have much bigger problems than TVD.
Stop It Season 5 GIF by grown-ish

Advertisement
I’m far more concerned with stopping the run against Clemson than TVD.

IF we can hold Clemson to 200yards or less on the ground, we win. It is literally that simple. Almost like playing Paul Johnson at GT.

IF we can hold Clemson to 200yards or less on the ground, we win. It is literally that simple. Almost like playing Paul Johnson at GT.
I think we beat them by 10

Advertisement

But again someone tell Guidry to have a 1T or 0T on every 1st and 2nd down please ran double 3T too much and unc murdered him in 2nd half bc of that

After yesterday, TVD is 11th nationally in passer rating. Our offense is 14th in scoring and 6th in yards per play.

Is he an elite QB, as his stats might suggest? No. Does he have flaws? Obviously. But the reaction to him is more emotional than anything. We have much bigger problems than TVD.

Insert the gif of Matt Lee crying after the Ga Tech game here ---> X.

Now ask yourself why the fan base gives him a pass for the bad snap that led to a critical turnover. YES, how you play the game matters. Occasionally you'll find an uber-stoic athlete who is the exception but the great percentage of elite athletes wear their emotions on their sleeves (to an extent).

As for the stats, we've seen this analysis too many times before. Miami of Ohio, Temple, Bethune Cookman & TAMU. As the season goes on the stats and rankings tend to drop. In TVD's case, he did well to pad his stats after the game was decided last night. Lies, **** lies, and statistics!!

Advertisement

I think TVD is playing hurt. His release isn’t the same. We need 7 foot receivers to catch some of those throws.

Advertisement
We turned into a machine after the game was over lol. Too bad we didn’t do that when the drives mattered in the third quarter
Do you think that game management in terms of how our offense is run when the drives matter is at the root of the problem?

What was the difference in the offense from when the game was still in play to when we turned into a machine? The difference was that when we threw caution to the wind, used tempo and threw the ball again and again, the offense came alive. Going uptempo and being a pass first offense is what we do well. For whatever reason this offense just isn't nearly as effective when we slow it down mainly because TVD is out of his element.

I realize the importance of a running game in football and its importance to log term success but the fact is this particular team thrives as a quick paced pass first team and the problem right now is that Cristobal/Dawson keep trying to turn this offense into what they think it should be when they are not yet capable of achieving that. Simply put this is a matter of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Cristobal is letting his ego crush the life out of this offense and that is maddening. @Memnon said it the best when he said that we are not an Air Raid offense but we should be and saying that we should be is considered blasphemy in the eyes of the Bro contingent.

I'm not saying that I'm an Air Raid purist and that I want to deemphasize the running game as a matter of general philosophy. I love the ability to be able to run the football and inflict out will on the opposition but this squad is not capable of that right now. Will they be in the future? Absolutely! All I want is for the HC to realize what this years team is truly good at and let them be who they are by playing to their strengths and right now that's being an uptempo wide open pass first offense that can run the ball once they have established dominance through the air. Pass to set up the run not vice versa.

Last edited:
Advertisement

We have **** near 1000 yards of offense in the last two games.

Let that sink in.

How do you go 0-2 with that type output?

NINE ******* TURNOVERS!

It isn’t a scheme issue. It isn’t a talent issue.

We are ****ing away momentum with critical errors. We are wasting a golden opportunity. The players and coaches are going to have to get it together. This team has too much potential for VETERAN players and coaches to give away momentum and games with self-inflicted wounds.

Advertisement
Back