No comment

1.8 X 3 = 5.4

Maybe instead of beating our head into the wall every week we realize this is a finesse OL and pass to set up the run? I know , I know that’s crazy. Run, run, run, run up the middle against a loaded box and turn it over on downs. My bad.
Maybe he's trolling us, but I'm actually starting to get worried that we will not be any good until we get 7 NFL caliber offensive lineman

Advertisement
Saying we threw too much isn’t indicative of wanting to ground and pound.

Mississippi State has only thrown 50 passes twice this season and hasn’t thrown 57 at all. Throwing 35 passes and saying that is problematic.

I’ve got my issues Gattis and his scheme, but this is not a wrong statement.

I present to you Tan Penos

View attachment 210895
Falling Over William Jackson Harper GIF by PeacockTV

I didn't see the interview. I don't know if his comment was taken out of context.

His comment may be true, but made no sense. We had to throw the ball for 2 reasons. We couldn't run it and we were down double digits most of the game.

Ironically, we didn't throw it enough at the goaline. Several goal line running plays that didn't score.

Advertisement
57 Pass attempts
18 rush attempts
@hoops156 is this that groundbreaking football analysis you are willing to share with me? I'll pass you guys are incompetent.
Lets hoops tell it. That is a winning formula. Go look at Alabama percentage the last five years. People swear they are slanging the ball all over the place. Alabama, 3 out of 5 years, they average more rush attempts than passing per game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kneel 3 times and punt I guess.
Tough and physical
Lets hoops tell it. That is a winning formula. Go look at Alabama percentage the last five years. People swear they are slanging the ball all over the place. Alabama, 3 out of 5 the average more rush attempts than passing per game.
when we have Alabamas run blocking sure. We don’t. You tailor your approach to the roster

Saying we threw too much isn’t indicative of wanting to ground and pound.

Mississippi State has only thrown 50 passes twice this season and hasn’t thrown 57 at all. Throwing 35 passes and saying that is problematic.

I’ve got my issues Gattis and his scheme, but this is not a wrong statement.
He said it’s not our identity and we have to basically get back to it

Let’s hoops tell it. That is a winning formula. Go look at Alabama percentage the last five years. People swear they are slanging the ball all over the place. Alabama, 3 out of 5 the average more rush attempts than passing per game.
Also genius. Tell me how we should do it when we can’t run on anyone. We averaged basically 2 to under two straight weeks and the ol is banged up. They obviously want to be a run first team. It was basically expressed post game by Mario and now again.

Advertisement
1.8 X 3 = 5.4

Maybe instead of beating our head into the wall every week we realize this is a finesse OL and pass to set up the run? I know , I know that’s crazy. Run, run, run, run up the middle against a loaded box and turn it over on downs. My bad.
You aren't wrong in your observations.

With that said, Big Manny is putring this out as strategic direction. This is about everyone who is Hecht, not us sitting in the stands and porsting on CIS.

I share your frustration, but still believe (faintly) better times could be ahead. Critical milestone is this coming cycle: yes an overall top class is awesome, but I would like to see a "Top 3" OL signing group.

Perhaps everyone should listen to the section of the interview where he said this because right now y'all look like buffoons. What he said made perfect sense, and no I am not at all defending him or his play calling this year.

Lets hoops tell it. That is a winning formula. Go look at Alabama percentage the last five years. People swear they are slanging the ball all over the place. Alabama, 3 out of 5 the average more rush attempts than passing per game.
Say it with me muppets...

BAMA IS A POWER RUN TEAM THAT CAN ALSO THROW THE BALL.

Advertisement
Also genius. Tell me how we should do it when we can’t run on anyone. We averaged basically 2 to under two straight weeks and the ol is banged up. They obviously want to be a run first team. It was basically expressed post game by Mario and now again.

That Gattis Job to figure it out, not mine, and He is not doing a good job at that. He better go talk to Kyle Shannahan to get creative in the run game. I just know slanging it 50 times is not going to cut it. We barely won seven games doing that last year.

Advertisement
Back