No coach can overcome a bad coordinator

Advertisement
I agree to a certain degree that MOST coaches cant. But great coaches can make up for it with great management of the game. Time out knowing when to go for it on 4th down things like that. Manny doesn't have that. Also competant coaches usually have more than one person on offense who has called plays or atleast ready to assume the responsibility if needed. The only reason Enos wasn't fired sooner was because no one else on the staff could temporarily assume his duties. That's one aspect of that debocle that Manny wasn't beat up enough about. Your exactly right about the fact that it's time to stop making excuses for Manny
I hope lash and king are the answers. I feel good about those two

Same here bro
My boy who's a football geek said it won't work that Miami has a problem over rating it's talent. After I told him to I have a tiny bit of hope he's like it's not going to work till they fix the talent....they need the talent of old that's going everywhere else. So my semi boner immediately deflated and I was like fuuuuq. I value this dudes opinion big time he's a football nerd.

Advertisement
Good hcs hire good assistants that's why coaches like saban,myer,dabo and Riley always seem to have their team at the top.Diaz is a politician he doesn't know who's being honest or blowing smoke up somebody's a$$. That's why he didn't want Zo someone who was straight up and not an a$$kisser.

My boy who's a football geek said it won't work that Miami has a problem over rating it's talent. After I told him to I have a tiny bit of hope he's like it's not going to work till they fix the talent....they need the talent of old that's going everywhere else. So my semi boner immediately deflated and I was like fuuuuq. I value this dudes opinion big time he's a football nerd.

Talent to do what?

The low bar we keep stumbling over is winning the worst division in p5 while outrecruiting said division.

The busts on offensive line are incredible, though. It really points to a broken internal process. There is no reason for us to not field an average unit at minimum annually.

We ain’t the Canes of old, but we are better than what we have shown.

People are still trying to “yeah, but....” ABSOLUTELY HORRID coaching selections. No D has only been gone 5 years, but people have already forgotten the lessons of his disastrous employment. We were regurgitating the same old tired excuses about a lack of talent caping for his sorry ***.

Manny walks through the door and creates a respectable unit overnight after being run out of Texas.

We need bettter recruits, no way around it, but our real problem is psychological and stems from terrible leadership. We could start recruiting top 5 overnight. If we don’t rectify the bad coaching we will still lose 4-6 games a year and then say our players are overrated.

Lots of garbage teams are getting players drafted high. It doesn’t change their mediocre win-loss records. I want to be a good college football team. Draft placement is a secondary concern and doesn’t always translate to actually winning games on this level.

Good hcs hire good assistants that's why coaches like saban,myer,dabo and Riley always seem to have their team at the top.

You seriously are lumping Lincoln Riley in with Saban, Meyer and Dabo? I find Riley to be overrated.

Talent to do what?

The low bar we keep stumbling over is winning the worst division in p5 while outrecruiting said division.

The busts on offensive line are incredible, though. It really points to a broken internal process. There is no reason for us to not field an average unit at minimum annually.

People are still trying to “yeah, but....” ABSOLUTELY HORRID coaching selections. No D has only been gone 5 years, but people have already forgotten the lessons of his disastrous employment. We were regurgitating the same old tired excuses about a lack of talent caping for his sorry ***.

Manny walks through the door and creates a respectable unit overnight after being run out of Texas.

We need bettter recruits, no way around it, but our real problem is psychological and stems from terrible leadership. We could start recruiting top 5 overnight. If we don’t rectify the bad coaching we will still lose 4-6 games a year and then say our players are overrated.

Lots of garbage teams are getting players drafted high. It doesn’t change their mediocre win-loss records. I want to be a good college football team. Draft placement is a secondary concern and doesn’t always translate to actually winning games on this level.

Our recruiting isn’t that good, and I’m not sure our talent evals are either.

The 2020-2021 class is looking real bad right now, although thankfully it’s a long way from actually being signed.

Advertisement
Our recruiting isn’t that good, and I’m not sure our talent evals are either.

The 2020-2021 class is looking real bad right now, although thankfully it’s a long way from actually being signed.

Not good compared to who?

Duke? FIU? LA Tech?

Talent to do what?

Our talent is similar to the teams we lose too maybe except fiu. But bruh look at our NFL players and draft....hot garbage bruh. I'm sure fiu can do what we do and if not UNC or VT and those teams trash bags.

For years people said we were under developing and used the same shields excuse for everything. Newsflash it's 10 years later and our NFL players suck. They are TNM caliber not the old Miami caliber.

Advertisement
You seriously are lumping Lincoln Riley in with Saban, Meyer and Dabo? I find Riley to be overrated.
[/
Not two many first time hcs can say their first three seasons their team made the playoffs ,his first two qbs won the heisman and the third one was a finalist.those other three have ncs but their first three years as a hc weren't near as good as rileys.in fact year two dabo was on the hot seat.

****. I thought that new personnel guy from ASU was gonna help but there recruiting has improved since he left that's never a good sign.

Riley has 0 NCs and, in fact, 0 playoff wins. The first year was his only year where his playoff loss was even close.

Saban and Meyer both had NCs by year 3.

Advertisement
Our talent is similar to the teams we lose too maybe except fiu. But bruh look at our NFL players and draft....hot garbage bruh. I'm sure fiu can do what we do and if not UNC or VT and those teams trash bags.

For years people said we were under developing and used the same shields excuse for everything. Newsflash it's 10 years later and our NFL players suck. They are TNM caliber not the old Miami caliber.

Agree to disagree.

I don’t compare our current team to the greatest teams of all time.

I compare them to the here and now. In the here and now, our coaching has been so bad that I don’t make any comments on player talent unless it is guys like Dee Jay or Brevin overcoming.

The one position I do see bad talent is offensive line. But for them to be so bad whether it is talent or bad development still goes back to how terrible the coaching has been at evaluations.

Alabama has some studs in the league but they are not dominating the league in proportion to the talent they sign. That is on of the reasons I don’t like judging the talent of a college team based on nfl results. It doesn’t translate cleanly, both ways.

We are not an elite team. There are only about 4-6 of those. Behind those teams is a glut of teams with varying strengths and weaknesses that are relatively close talent wise. This is the effect created by modern training and scheming. There is not a huge difference between these teams like there used to be.

I want strong coaches who are quality leaders that can press the advantages we do have. Until we do that so that the quality of guys we do get can be good college players, how can we convince elite players to come here? That is even limited to when we can identify them, because we let elite guys slip past us to garbage schools without even a commutable offer.

If we take care of the coaching and Evans, the talent will take care of itself.

Agree to disagree.

I don’t compare our current team to the greatest teams of all time.

I compare them to the here and now. In the here and now, our coaching has been so bad that I don’t make any comments on player talent unless it is guys like Dee Jay or Brevin overcoming.

The one position I do see bad talent is offensive line. But for them to be so bad whether it is talent or bad development still goes back to how terrible the coaching has been at evaluations.

Alabama has some studs in the league but they are not dominating the league in proportion to the talent they sign. That is on of the reasons I don’t like judging the talent of a college team based on nfl results. It doesn’t translate cleanly, both ways.

We are not an elite team. There are only about 4-6 of those. Behind those teams is a glut of teams with varying strengths and weaknesses that are relatively close talent wise. This is the effect created by modern training and scheming. There is not a huge difference between these teams like there used to be.

I want strong coaches who are quality leaders that can press the advantages we do have. Until we do that so that the quality of guys we do get can be good college players, how can we convince elite players to come here? That is even limited to when we can identify them, because we let elite guys slip past us to garbage schools without even a commutable offer.

If we take care of the coaching and Evans, the talent will take care of itself.
Yea agree to disagree....all good bro

Kirby Smart made it to the SEC championship and won the Sugar bowl with a OC who was worse than Enos. Lincoln Riley has made the playoffs 3 years in a row with bad DC's.

Advertisement
Back