No coach can overcome a bad coordinator

Advertisement
In terms of having actual success.

I can remember once when this happened in the last 15 years but there were additional variables at play. See Auburn with OC Gus Malzhan.
It could be argued this happened with LSU this year. Great QB and innovative offensive mind (joe brady, now OC for carolina panthers). Dont think anyone was praising orgeron before this year.

this is not a pro-manny post. fiu put up 30 on us. that is beyond disgraceful. and defense is his specialty

It is an illogical and irrational porst.

Losing to any of those teams was disgraceful and those were just 3 of the losses. Awful.

Explain to me why Manny is different from Randy.

Advertisement
It could be argued this happened with LSU this year. Great QB and innovative offensive mind (joe brady, now OC for carolina panthers). Dont think anyone was praising orgeron before this year.

Chizik was a corch. Awful.

Why is Randy Shannon different from Manny?

no but a good coordinator can overcome an average coach IMO
See LSU.
Orgeron didn't become a good coach. he was a failure at USC and Ole Miss. LSU surrounded him with the best staff money could buy, and a good team in 2018 became a great team in 2019.
This post isn't a statement about Manny, but that staff makes a huge difference

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Why? We were 13th in overall defense this year (yes the 4th and 17 was horrible). Imagine if our offense was ranked 13th

LOL...smoke and mirrors.

Gave up 42 to a bad VT team.
Gave up 27 to a bad Louisville team
Gave up 28 to a bad GT team.

One great defensive performance? Virginia, though they weren't hanging 50 on anyone.

Holding Central Michigan to 12? A mediocre UNC team got 28. A poor FIU squad got 30.

While I'm sure the "overall defense" stat is accurate, somehow....I'm still having a hard time believing it.

All of that said.....OF COURSE a high octane offense, even putting up points TOO FAST is better than one that doesn't do **** except wear out their defense.

UM

Advertisement
Back