NJOKU

Do you think it was that he couldn't find gems in his backyard or there is some other bull**** that he didn't want to deal with? His hit rate out of NJ has been very good which means that he knows how to find talent in his home turf or has really good contacts/network there. Interesting why his South Florida network never developed. The easy answer is to say that he's an idiot etc, but something doesn't line up. The passive observer on any Miami message board knows what's up in South Florida.

I think it may be easier to spot the stud players in New Jersey.

He also tends to get obsessed with measureables and that's not how you evaluate South Florida kids.

Advertisement
Do you think it was that he couldn't find gems in his backyard or there is some other bull**** that he didn't want to deal with? His hit rate out of NJ has been very good which means that he knows how to find talent in his home turf or has really good contacts/network there. Interesting why his South Florida network never developed. The easy answer is to say that he's an idiot etc, but something doesn't line up. The passive observer on any Miami message board knows what's up in South Florida.
What r you trying to say?

6'5 freak athlete who can jump out of the stadium. Not like Folden "found" him. Urb wanted him too.

I'll tell you what...

As much as I love Njoku I'd trade him for all of the future NFL players that Golden didn't find/offer.

Advertisement
I didn't think a kid from Jersey with offers from Ohio State, Penn State and mighty Temple was considered a "find".

Golden loves him some Jersey boys. If Njoku was located anywhere else in the country I would consider him a find.

He's definitely a stud though. Early round draft pick for sure.

exactly. everyone wanted him. courtel jenkins was a find. he barely had MAC offers.
Njoku is the reason we beat duke. he leveled that duke player on the return.

not true. For the majority of his recruitment it was between Rutgers, temple and us.
This is correct, and for as much as I loathe that former head coach piece of ****, he did get early offers on quite a few guys that ended up blowing up by the end. Unfortunately he usually coupled those finds with ignoring or fumbling backyard recruiting but whatever.

I didn't think a kid from Jersey with offers from Ohio State, Penn State and mighty Temple was considered a "find".

Golden loves him some Jersey boys. If Njoku was located anywhere else in the country I would consider him a find.

He's definitely a stud though. Early round draft pick for sure.

I don't know what it is but NY football players are terrible. NJ puts out talent. I agree with you. It's not a find at all...dude was supposed to be good and Folden got lucky.
Golden is dead and gone.. but give him credit.. he found ole boy..

Last edited:
Ohio State offered him late. Way after we did lol.

The only way that's relevant is if you're arguing that Urb had no idea he existed until he looked over Folden's commit list and found Njoku there. Unless you know that Urb only offered him after "finding" him on Folden's commit list, then Urb "found" Njoku too; he just "found" him after Folden did. Ped State eventually "found" him too. So did Buttgers.

Advertisement
Ohio State offered him late. Way after we did lol.

The only way that's relevant is if you're arguing that Urb had no idea he existed until he looked over Folden's commit list and found Njoku there. Unless you know that Urb only offered him after "finding" him on Folden's commit list, then Urb "found" Njoku too; he just "found" him after Folden did. Ped State eventually "found" him too. So did Buttgers.

no lol it just means we evaluated him as a player worth an offer before they did.

Njoku just happened to be a freak athlete that fit his template of big 10 TE. He got some good guys out of Jersey but how many WR, LB, and CB did we lose out on in S. Fla that ended up being studs? Callaway, Moore, Cronkite, Powell, and the list goes on and on and on.

Trying to say many things, but I think the biggest thing is that he couldn't or wouldn't adapt to the South Florida market. A coach that fails to do that will fail here. That's why I think with the next hire, there is a big push for someone that has been connected to our program at one point or someone who knows how to get what he wants in this market.

Last edited:
Want to see us use Njoku down the seam more. Kid stretches defenses and even if we don't go to him on the seam routes he'll open things up underneath for crossing routes because defenses have to pay attention to him.

Advertisement
Should be 1st option anytime we're inside the 15 yd line..National High School High Jump Champion..Haven't seen him thrown to in the end zone all season.

I typed this exact post up for a topic last week and never got around to posting it. He has the skill set to dominate a game 6'4 240, can run, and national high jump champion and we find a way to get him the ball 1.333 times per game. This guy should be on the field exclusively inside the 20, spread out wide for a mismatch, and high pointing balls in the end zone.

Should be 1st option anytime we're inside the 15 yd line..National High School High Jump Champion..Haven't seen him thrown to in the end zone all season.

I typed this exact post up for a topic last week and never got around to posting it. He has the skill set to dominate a game 6'4 240, can run, and national high jump champion and we find a way to get him the ball 1.333 times per game. This guy should be on the field exclusively inside the 20, spread out wide for a mismatch, and high pointing balls in the end zone.

sometimes it takes a bit of time. give him a year or two. just look at jimmy graham.

I give Al credit for this "one" and wonder why he didn't play the kid more because he definitely fits the new school tight end/hybrid skill guy. Just when I try to give Al credit it becomes more apparent how stupid he really was.

Advertisement
I give Al credit for this "one" and wonder why he didn't play the kid more because he definitely fits the new school tight end/hybrid skill guy. Just when I try to give Al credit it becomes more apparent how stupid he really was.

IMO he's playing more now because we're in the spread.

Advertisement
Back