NJOKU

He's from jersey , why are we going anywhere but Florida for skill talent LOL... He's a f_cking stud....

Advertisement
He's from jersey , why are we going anywhere but Florida for skill talent LOL... He's a f_cking stud....

We've never recruited South FLA for Tight Ends.

We don't produce them down here. I don't think anybody has ever said that we need to stay in South FLA for TE's.

Njoku may end up being what we had hoped Derrick Griffin was going to be.

Him, Herndon, Dobard and Jerome Washington are a great set of players at TE. We are loaded for the foreseeable future

Njoku and Herndon>Dobard

Washington might be better than Dobard at this point next year too.

Advertisement
I didn't think a kid from Jersey with offers from Ohio State, Penn State and mighty Temple was considered a "find".

Golden loves him some Jersey boys. If Njoku was located anywhere else in the country I would consider him a find.

He's definitely a stud though. Early round draft pick for sure.

when we offered him Ohio state and penn state hadn't offered yet. They didn't offer till a couple weeks before nsd and some reports show penn state never offered (although Njoku told me different). I'll give the staff credit on this

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think a kid from Jersey with offers from Ohio State, Penn State and mighty Temple was considered a "find".

Golden loves him some Jersey boys. If Njoku was located anywhere else in the country I would consider him a find.

exactly. everyone wanted him. courtel jenkins was a find. he barely had MAC offers.
Njoku is the reason we beat duke. he leveled that duke player on the return.

Advertisement

exactly. everyone wanted him. courtel jenkins was a find. he barely had MAC offers.

not true. For the majority of his recruitment it was between Rutgers, temple and us.

when we offered him Ohio state and penn state hadn't offered yet. They didn't offer till a couple weeks before nsd and some reports show penn state never offered (although Njoku told me different). I'll give the staff credit on this

I hear you...

But considering how much Golden focused on Jersey I'm not surprised that he would sign this kid. It figures. Dude can't find gems in his school's backyard but can find them in Jersey. LOL

I hear you...

But considering how much Golden focused on Jersey I'm not surprised that he would sign this kid. It figures. Dude can't find gems in his school's backyard but can find them in Jersey. LOL

Lol very true. I have a lot of criticisms of Golden but Jenkins and Njoku were too good finds. Hopefully the next HC won't overlook the underrated soFlo players while still recruiting at a national level

We were on Courtel very early. He ended up with a lot of big offers.

Advertisement
That dude is the real deal though.

When he caught that vertical/bender route today I could've swore it was a WR. Didn't look like a 240+ pound dude running with the ball.

But but but I thought we need Strong or Mario to shut down South Florida b/c there is no talent on this team?

I don't know what it is but NY football players are terrible. NJ puts out talent. I agree with you. It's not a find at all...dude was supposed to be good and Folden got lucky.

Advertisement

When he caught that vertical/bender route today I could've swore it was a WR. Didn't look like a 240+ pound dude running with the ball.

I tried to tell you Coach! What did you name that position?

THE BEAST!

I tried to tell you Coach! What did you name that position?

THE BEAST!

You told me!

I don't know what it is but NY football players are terrible. NJ puts out talent. I agree with you. It's not a find at all...dude was supposed to be good and Folden got lucky.

Everybody in NY wants to rap.

You got cats up there that are 6'4" 240lbs sellin' their mixtapes on the subway.

Do you think it was that he couldn't find gems in his backyard or there is some other bull**** that he didn't want to deal with? His hit rate out of NJ has been very good which means that he knows how to find talent in his home turf or has really good contacts/network there. Interesting why his South Florida network never developed. The easy answer is to say that he's an idiot etc, but something doesn't line up. The passive observer on any Miami message board knows what's up in South Florida.

Advertisement
Back