Njoku about to get paid

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Can't begrudge a man making his money, but this makes little sense to me. He has not shown to be a top TE and the Browns have questions at QB, plus a current offensive strategy that does not maximize his strength. It is kind of like the Giants pumping a bunch of money into OBJ with their then QB issues, though OBJ was more talented and proven at that point.

See how the TE salaries stack up here: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/tight-end/

Advertisement
But we're talking about the Browns and Baker Mayfield lol.

Come on NYSOM. You know he's worth 10 mil. Similar comps in pay are Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith. Njoku has health and relative youth. 10 mil, easy.

Jonnu Smith is actually a great comparison.

Another uber athletic TE who’s production never matched his traits.

The Patriots took a gamble on him last year in FA to the tune of $12 million per year and he rewarded them with 294 yards and 1 TD. He’s probably the biggest FA bust in team history and his contract is now untradable.

Not saying the same will happen with Njoku but I wouldn’t go to $10 million per year with him if I’m the Browns.

Advertisement
Jonnu Smith is actually a great comparison.

Another uber athletic TE who’s production never matched his traits.

The Patriots took a gamble on him last year in FA to the tune of $12 million per year and he rewarded them with 294 yards and 1 TD. He’s probably the biggest FA bust in team history and his contract is now untradable.

Not saying the same will happen with Njoku but I wouldn’t go to $10 million per year with him if I’m the Browns.

I mean, deserving criticism of Jonnu.

I just think Njoku has the alpha mentality. Jonnu & David are both freaks. But David has persevered through absolute BS for 5 years; with higher expectations (1st round pick).

Njoku deserves fair criticism, but the production comparison below leads you to believe that 1 of the 32 teams will pay Njoku a mid-tier contract.

Njoku:
1646019288316.png

Jonnu:
1646019310696.png

Advertisement
Back