Njoku about to get paid

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Browns's passing game is **** poor. I have little doubt Njoku could produce in an offense to a level worthy of 10 million dollars. So, I'm not sure Njoku is stealing money so much as the Browns are spending money where they have much more pressing priorities. Anyone who catches the ball in Cleveland is bound to wallow in obscurity despite their talent level until they get out.

People bringing up receiving numbers for a TE who plays in a run heavy system lol. Browns play in 12 and 13 personnel more than most teams so of course njoku isn’t gonna have crazy receiving numbers, **** tony gonzalez himself might not get crazy numbers with mayfield lol. He’s a great blocker and a key piece to everything they do somebody will pay him

Advertisement
Al Golden's most freakish recruit
But he doesn't have that South Florida:
Competitiveness
Speed
Attitude

We have better athletes here. Why do we keep going after NJ recruits. He is trying to build Penn State here.

Fly the banner!

I'm a Browns fan and have connections on the Browns staff. Njoku had an awesome year and is one of the only YAC/Vertical threats the Browns have. The last couple of years he's really come on strong but inconsistent QB play and playing behind Hooper have hindered his stats. My guess is Browns restructure or cut hooper and give that money to Njoku and feature him as TE1 next year. He's still only 25 years old and gotten better each year. He still needs to work on his hands and blocking but the Browns really need to keep him.

Advertisement
I do have some doubts about Njoku. Freakishly talented, but I always wondered how much he got by on sheer talent. There were some spectacular plays followed by a routine drop. His production in the NFL hasn't changed my mind albeit in a system that doesn't seem to utilize him too much. I'd love to see him go to a pass-oriented offense and light it up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 12.19.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 12.19.52 PM.png
    262.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 12.19.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 12.19.36 PM.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 31
Advertisement
I'm a Browns fan and have connections on the Browns staff. Njoku had an awesome year and is one of the only YAC/Vertical threats the Browns have. The last couple of years he's really come on strong but inconsistent QB play and playing behind Hooper have hindered his stats. My guess is Browns restructure or cut hooper and give that money to Njoku and feature him as TE1 next year. He's still only 25 years old and gotten better each year. He still needs to work on his hands and blocking but the Browns really need to keep him.

From the outside looking in - It seems like they signed Hooper at $10 mil/yr to replace NJoku, who was underperforming.

But Njoku has made a strong comeback & outplayed Hooper last year. Looks like they'll cut Hooper and shift his $10mil to Njoku

I don't know if either are worth $10 mil/yr - but I'm happy Njoku has turned things around in Cleveland and happy to see him get a big payday!

Advertisement
Back