NJ Sydir Mitchell 4 Star 6'5 350lb DT

Advertisement
He definitely has the height and size I like, If he is somewhat agile and comes off the ball with power, then I don't know why we haven't offered either. We have to be wise about evals and development. Many of the local top talents seeing greener pastures at Baga and sec. Until we start kicking ***, we only gonna get a few top locals and plan B locals.

North Jersey?!?! Lol. For the life of you...You can’t understand why Miami doesn’t recruit North Jersey??? 😂😂😂😂
Yes, instead of NYC and Camden. You obviously don't realize the talent in North Jersey compared to the rest of the North East. Jabrill Peppers, Rashan Gary, Antonio Alfano, Tyler Friday, Jayson Ademiloa, Javontea Jean-Baptiste, Justin Shorter, and on and on all play at the Catholic Schools within 15 miles of each other. I'm not saying they only should be recruiting there but when they come up this way stick to that area.

rob schneider GIF

Advertisement
Yes, instead of NYC and Camden. You obviously don't realize the talent in North Jersey compared to the rest of the North East. Jabrill Peppers, Rashan Gary, Antonio Alfano, Tyler Friday, Jayson Ademiloa, Javontea Jean-Baptiste, Justin Shorter, and on and on all play at the Catholic Schools within 15 miles of each other. I'm not saying they only should be recruiting there but when they come up this way stick to that area.
Miami recruited them. Alfano had no interest. Tyler Friday scheduled a visit and never showed up. Justin Shorter never interested. And of all them, only Peppers has been of worth. Jersey ain’t that big, but Miami has recruited several Jersey kids over the past 5-7 years, Muhammad, Njoku, and a few others. I feel you and all, but I just find it hard to for Miami to travel pass Fl, GA, Carolinas, Tennessee, VA... just to make it to NJ. I

Miami recruited them. Alfano had no interest. Tyler Friday scheduled a visit and never showed up. Justin Shorter never interested. And of all them, only Peppers has been of worth. Jersey ain’t that big, but Miami has recruited several Jersey kids over the past 5-7 years, Muhammad, Njoku, and a few others. I feel you and all, but I just find it hard to for Miami to travel pass Fl, GA, Carolinas, Tennessee, VA... just to make it to NJ. I
I understand the other states but when I see the offers going to players in NYC and South Jersey I just scratch my head. Those teams get destroyed by the Catholic Schools that's all I'm saying.

6'5 350lbs is a big boy. I would need to see some film on him and some testing numbers. I want to see how well he moves and if he is a scheme fit. Spread offenses has phased DTs this size out of the game (Lawrence from Clemson being the exception). If he's more of a run stuffer, pocket pusher then he will most likely end up in the big 10. I'm not saying he's not a fit for Miami but with so many stud DEs and DTs in the Southeast this cycle he'd have to be elite. That said, I want to see the tape and testing numbers.

Advertisement
I understand the other states but when I see the offers going to players in NYC and South Jersey I just scratch my head. Those teams get destroyed by the Catholic Schools that's all I'm saying.
So you mean that Miami couldn’t have used a Jonathan Taylor, or is too good for Keon Sabb and Jihad Campbell? If anything, Miami needs to recruit South Jersey harder instead of wasting time up north with the catholic schools who historically have been feeders to Notre Dame

Would be nice to take a giant space eater every other cycle. It doesn't fit our scheme exactly but it helps wear down Olineman, helps with linebacker play, and just clogging gaps.

Advertisement
Isn’t the Aybar kid from this cycle from New Jersey? Idk if we’re recruiting him that hard.

Advertisement
The catholic schools can recruit players while the publics have to take whoever lives in town.

After Al Golden,I want nothing to do with New Jersey for several more years. I am just not ready, Oh yeah, fawk D"Onofrio too!

Advertisement
Back