NJ Football

Advertisement
24/7 now has Antonio Alfano another NJ recruit ranked 1, in the last 5 years NJ has produced Jabrill Peppers, Rashan Gary, Justin Shorter, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Brandon Wimbush. I'm glad that Miami is going to NYC but the better football has always been in NJ. All but 2 of the above-mentioned players were on teams that are 15 miles apart and play in the same league. Harbaugh hired Paramus Catholics head coach to get Peppers and Gary. He now hosts a summer camp every year and players from Paramus Catholic, Bergen Catholic, St Peters, St Joes, and Depaul all come and get excited. Miami can do the same. I know NJ isnt FL or CA but the teams mentioned have gone to those states and beaten their top schools. Hope Diaz crosses the Hudson is next trip up.

Thought we were against jersey coal shovelers

Advertisement
This is why we are concentrating more on this location.
We should own this part of the country. PSU and Michigan get a good chunk of dudes form there and have survived by keeping dudes form the SEC.
NY/NJ kids love Miami. Need to set up shop at Rashan Gary's school regardless of any already established pipeline.

Rashans schools HC partridge is now on michigans staff and unlike Rumph he actually locked down the school. The thing though is that school was good for a few years with Gary, Peppers, Singleton, and a couple other guys, but they generally are not that good. They regularly get beat by Don Bosco(Tyler Friday) and Bergen Catholic(jarret Guarntano).

A majority of my Family lives in NJ, and the ones who actually watch football are huge Canes fans, yet they have never lived in Miami. BTW just my opinion but NJ is a ****** place to live Miami> than the whole state of NJ 😂😂😂.

North Jersey is actually really nice. Tons of the super rich NYC guys have houses in places like Alpine and Saddle River NJ.

Advertisement
Trenton ain't got **** on Camden. And Trenton is pretty fugged up. The only good things about Jersey were the salt water taffys, Wildwood, the flea markets across the Betsy Ross and LEAVING.

Trenton doesn't even have as big gangs as Newark, Jersey City, Elizabeth, Oranges, and Irvington have. All of them are scared to come fvck with the sets in NY though.

I lived in south jersey for three years. Those are very fertile recruiting grounds down there.

Advertisement
Brick City Newark ain't NO JOKE. Newark and Camden are equals.
But a lot of ballers from those inner cities yo there.

Facts and a lot of the top kids go to public schools with TERRIBLE coaches. HCs are gym teachers one or 2 assistants. When those kids make it to the college and start getting coached up they kill it. Another thing is they got a lot more savages that could be great football players, but want to hustle and make money now instead of playing football. More than other states because the gang schit in NY/NJ/philly is much bigger than anything down south.

Advertisement
As a lifelong jersey guy, I can say these things for sure:
1. We always put out a decent share of talent. We’re not FL, but if Rutgers kept its players they would be a competitive squad in the B1G (not elite, but could play with the big guys who normally cherry pick from here). Three of the top 5 or 6 picks in this draft coming up have Jersey connections (Gary, Haskins, and Allen).
2. There is no universal loyalty. Everyone has their own, and the programs you see repped are myriad. Canes are well stocked up here (I attribute to the early 80s/90s Cowboys/Canes rebel team crossover for people who were anti-giants and the exposure in the late 90s/00s from Big East TV coverage).
3. Our best talent pools at the big Catholic schools, but we have steady state public powers that everyone here knows about, too. He inner city schools take turns making runs, but honestly their talent gets pulled quick to the Catholics and, I think, basketball has been stealing athletes from these areas because kids see it as a clearer path to offers (and our basketball AAUs is a way bigger issue than football transfers).

Miami has had some great Canes from here (including the dude with maybe the best single season of any player to wear the uniform: Bryant McKinnie), and I would love to cherry pick one or two guys from here when we see the opportunity.

Advertisement
Back