NJ Football

24/7 now has Antonio Alfano another NJ recruit ranked 1, in the last 5 years NJ has produced Jabrill Peppers, Rashan Gary, Justin Shorter, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Brandon Wimbush. I'm glad that Miami is going to NYC but the better football has always been in NJ. All but 2 of the above-mentioned players were on teams that are 15 miles apart and play in the same league. Harbaugh hired Paramus Catholics head coach to get Peppers and Gary. He now hosts a summer camp every year and players from Paramus Catholic, Bergen Catholic, St Peters, St Joes, and Depaul all come and get excited. Miami can do the same. I know NJ isnt FL or CA but the teams mentioned have gone to those states and beaten their top schools. Hope Diaz crosses the Hudson is next trip up.

Agree. And add Maryland to the list

Advertisement
As savage as some of the Central and South Jersey teams are; the best high school football league in the nation is in North Jersey. (see article below) All private schools that provide great coaching. There's usually 2-3 games a year scheduled between schools in this league and Florida's, Cali's and Ohio's top schools. One of the Jersey Catholic schools usually has STA on the sched. We use to get 2 players a year from Jersey , but not recently.We picked up AQM form Don Bosco a few years back and I think that was our last. (Baby Jesus washed out here before he even started) Be nice to see us tap this area again.

https://usatodayhss.com/tag/top-high-school-football-leagues

Majority of the talent in NJ ends up in the Catholic schools.

Alfano has a ton of baggage, we’ll see if he stays out of trouble long enough to make an impact at Bama.

Saban is great at covering up anything that would get a player in enough trouble to get him kicked off the team. I haven't hear anything about this kid getting in trouble. What have you heard or are you talking about the rumors of why he transferred from BC?

Trenton doesn't even have as big gangs as Newark, Jersey City, Elizabeth, Oranges, and Irvington have. All of them are scared to come fvck with the sets in NY though.

I remember when the bloods took over the skate key in the bronx. .I never would've thought NY ****** would've been on that gang stuff. But then I thought it would never happen in Baltimore. I'm living in DC now and man they just got block beefs.

Advertisement
I remember when the bloods took over the skate key in the bronx. .I never would've thought NY ****** would've been on that gang stuff. But then I thought it would never happen in Baltimore. I'm living in DC now and man they just got block beefs.

Facts. When I was a kid it was all drug crews, now most are repping the LA gangs. Beven is a jersey crew that is taking off in NYC now so thats basically home grown. Then the 3nis and DDPs are basically NY crews so we still have our own thing, but mainly LA gangs lol.

Saban is great at covering up anything that would get a player in enough trouble to get him kicked off the team. I haven't hear anything about this kid getting in trouble. What have you heard or are you talking about the rumors of why he transferred from BC?

He was never formally in trouble but there’s a reason why he went to 3 different high schools in 4 years.

Lots of home troubles which is the most I’ll say because I’m not trying to make the kid out to be a criminal. I wish him the best and hope he makes it big.

Advertisement
He was never formally in trouble but there’s a reason why he went to 3 different high schools in 4 years.

Lots of home troubles which is the most I’ll say because I’m not trying to make the kid out to be a criminal. I wish him the best and hope he makes it big.

I was honestly just interested. Not calling you out. I know a few kids who have brothers that played at BC with him and said he wasn't even kicked out of BC he left on his own accord. I do know he lives with his grandparents though.

24/7 now has Antonio Alfano another NJ recruit ranked 1, in the last 5 years NJ has produced Jabrill Peppers, Rashan Gary, Justin Shorter, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Brandon Wimbush. I'm glad that Miami is going to NYC but the better football has always been in NJ. All but 2 of the above-mentioned players were on teams that are 15 miles apart and play in the same league. Harbaugh hired Paramus Catholics head coach to get Peppers and Gary. He now hosts a summer camp every year and players from Paramus Catholic, Bergen Catholic, St Peters, St Joes, and Depaul all come and get excited. Miami can do the same. I know NJ isnt FL or CA but the teams mentioned have gone to those states and beaten their top schools. Hope Diaz crosses the Hudson is next trip up.
You might not be aware of the many excellent players, and outright stars we have over the years from New Jersey:

Greg Mark (Pennsauken) DE, All-American and one of the all-time leaders. Switched to DE on '87 NC team when bum (from Connecticut Dan Sileo) almost caused us to forfeit NC season.

Danny Stubbs (Red Bank)--DE Sack machine and All-American.

Richard Newbill (Mullica) Starting LB on '89 NC

Howard Clark (Camden?) -- LB on 2001 NC team

Mark Caesar -- (Newark) DT on 1991 NC team, as I recall

Bryan Fortay (E. Brunswick or W Brunswick, don't remember which) QB portaled out to Rutgers before there was a portal.

Attained fame instead as a lawyer:

Last edited:
You might not be aware of the many excellent players, and outright stars we have over the years from New Jersey:

Greg Mark (Pennsauken) DE, All-American and one of the all-time leaders. Switched to DE on '87 NC team when bum (from Connecticut Dan Sileo) almost caused us to forfeit NC season.

Bryan Fortay (E. Brunswick or W Brunswick, don't remember which) QB portaled out to Rutgers before there was a portal.

Don't forget Brian Cushing. The man CRUSHED it at USC and was a pro bowler as a rookie.

Advertisement
Advertisement
hig-schools-producing-the-most-talent-1-st-thomas-aquinas-32011200.png

Ed Wilkins: played on the 2001 team....pretty good OLman.
James Lewis: safety on 2001 team.

I was honestly just interested. Not calling you out. I know a few kids who have brothers that played at BC with him and said he wasn't even kicked out of BC he left on his own accord. I do know he lives with his grandparents though.

Lots of Underlying issues with Tonio. Let hope he matures (so far he has) and realize his potential. Spoken to him a few times. Sky is the limit but its up to him.

And if Wondering why not Miami.... Red flags were all over the place and coming to Miami wouldn't help..

JC

Are you serious?

Can't believe this.....maybe it's gotten a bit better. Good Counsel had emerged, I guess.

Didn't STA kill MD powerhouse DeMatha a few years back?

STA blew out DeMatha this past season, but DeMatha destroyed a very good Central team 2-3 years ago.
Good Counsel and St John's have played some very good teams from NJ, California, Bishop Gorman, Texas, Florida, etc and have acquitted themselves well, winning some, losing some.

Advertisement
Back