Nike Football's The Opening Orlando 2017 One on Ones

Advertisement
Elijah Moore, Pope and Hightower are DIFFERENT.

I also REALLY like Quenillius Phillips technique as a DB. Off press, shade, then let the sideline be a second defender for you.

Last edited:
Advertisement
lot of wasted movement with the wr's and terrible dbs. S.Fl dbs are wayyy better then what was in these videos....Phillips look to be good.

Hightower looked smooth as ****....Moore got to where he wanted with ease.

First video was hella competitive. Pope looks really good, he knows how to get separation effortlessly.
Elijah Moore has a very strong build and runs his routes with precision. He will be an NFL player. Need to see more of Hightower, he looked very good, but I guess my expectations are ridiculous for him based on what I've heard.

Was that Linguard's cousin and our 2020 commit Avantae Williams? If so, he gets a pass due to his age. Practicing with this level of competition will only sharpen his skills.

Tyreke Johnson has crazy size and physique but he was getting turned around too. Diamante Howard gets the same pass as Williams.

Advertisement
DB's overall looked terrible.

Mark Pope - Best WR over last two cycles. Better than Jerry Jeudy and Devonta Smith. Must get. Starts day ONE wherever he goes.

Elijah Moore - Wasn't sold on him but I'm a fan now. Technician. Perfect slot WR. Definite take.

Josh Moore - Physical freak. Top 5 WR.

Brian Hightower - Not as fluid as I would like to see. Wasted movement. Won't play early.

Warren Thompson - About the same as Hightower.

Justin McGriff - Interesting TE prospect from Cad Weldon;s HS.

Pope, Moore and Wiggins appear to be locks for this class.

One more of Hightower, Thompson, Austin or Harris please.

Mark Pope - Best WR over last two cycles. Better than Jerry Jeudy and Devonta Smith. Must get. Starts day ONE wherever he goes.

Elijah Moore - Wasn't sold on him but I'm a fan now. Technician. Perfect slot WR. Definite take.

Brian Hightower - Not as fluid as I would like to see. Wasted movement. Won't play early.

Foil why did someone say that Moore said Miami is playing with him..whats up with that? what does that mean

Advertisement
Sounds like we are slow rolling him.

I say stop f**king around and lock him down.

Is it me or are Hightower and Thompson less than impressive?

I'm just not a fan of big lumbering WR's with slow feet.

Neither of those kids are anywhere near as good as Trevon Grimes.

Foil why did someone say that Moore said Miami is playing with him..whats up with that? what does that mean

He said "messing with him", which means that they're showing him love.

Advertisement
Demetrius Mayes from the west and Xavier Thomas are MUST GETS for this staff on the DL as well

Xavier Thomas isn't coming so he isn't a must get. He's not going anywhere but clemson or South Carolina

Don't care. He's in Florida at IMG I think we can still reach him. Coach Kul snagged a kid from Sacramento California, so I think anything is possible with that dude. Unless the staff wants nothing to do with him then I stand corrected.

Sounds like we are slow rolling him.

I say stop f**king around and lock him down.

Is it me or are Hightower and Thompson less than impressive?

I'm just not a fan of big lumbering WR's with slow feet.

Neither of those kids are anywhere near as good as Trevon Grimes.

Grimes is a freak, so IMHO, it's an unfair comparison. Love Pope, but I'd put Crimes at the top of the pile the last few years at the position.

Hightower, he's a big guy trying to make some smaller dude cuts and moves. He's got everything you want at that size and you've gotta remember this is a camp setting. There's always some bit of showmanship. He runs normal routes, he would use his tools and dominate.

WR/DB Takeaways -

Mark Pope - awful routes in those clips but you can see the elite quickness, speed, and hands. He can just blow by people.. Must get

Dee Wiggins - Length, separation, and good speed. Agree with Pete, looks like a better/faster Tyre Brady

Elijah Moore - really impressive in those clips. With a big Senior season, he's 100% a take. Like someone else said, perfect slot guy

Hightower/ Thompson - I'll have to see more film, but IMO both these guys could grow into perfect Flex/TE types. Hightower was dominating

No one stuck out at DB - Looked like a lot of Safeties that were playing a little out of position in those 1 on 1s

Last edited:
LB/RB Takeaways -

Lorenzo Lingard - only in a few clips but you can see the athletic traits (quick, long, twitchy)

David Reese - looked VERY impressive. I know we are battling with FSU for him early, but would love to know more about his recruitment and ability

Advertisement
Back